Apparently nobody wants to pay for loft 19

USU_Aggie

Loft 19 appeared online as an option for my cruise a couple of days ago. Out of 12 cabanas, 4 are taken. The remaining 8 are on sale for the low price of $2,000, but so far no takers. 

Maybe I will call them and offer to take one off their hands for $50.

But seriously, will they just keep these at $2,000 and resort to daily rentals if nobody takes them for a week? Or will the price go down if none of them sell?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, USU_Aggie said:

Loft 19 appeared online as an option for my cruise a couple of days ago. Out of 12 cabanas, 4 are taken. The remaining 8 are on sale for the low price of $2,000, but so far no takers. 

But seriously, will they just keep these at $2,000 and resort to daily rentals if nobody takes them for a week? Or will the price go down if none of them sell?

Where do yuo see Loft 19 for sale online?

It’s only on the Excel class.  A private area above Serenity reserved for those sailing in an Excel suite or booking a cabana.  A cabana is a lovely way to go, with bar service, bottle of champagne and fresh fruit everyday, and lunch brought to your cabana.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, USU_Aggie said:

When is your cruise? The banner has been on my page for about a month and has said sold out since it posted. I know it isn't sold out as I have early access as I booked an excel suite. I am trying to figure out when it may actually be available. 

2 minutes ago, tytanbri said:

When is your cruise? The banner has been on my page for about a month and has said sold out since it posted. I know it isn't sold out as I have early access as I booked an excel suite. I am trying to figure out when it may actually be available. 

My cruise is a week from Sunday so it went up 10 or 12 days before. At least that's when I noticed it. 

• Like 1

We tried one (twice), but would not again - the value is just not there. For ~$2k, I feel the need to use it more than we end up wanting to. There are some days where the weather makes the decision for you - too hot, no breeze, too windy, rain (you get the picture). If nothing else, they need to install ceiling fans in them!

Tom

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We tried one (twice), but would not again - the value is just not there. For ~$2k, I feel the need to use it more than we end up wanting to. There are some days where the weather makes the decision for you - too hot, no breeze, too windy, rain (you get the picture). If nothing else, they need to install ceiling fans in them!

Tom

Fans would be an excellent add.

• Like 1

We purchased Loft 19 on the Mardi Gras on a September cruise.  We paid $1750 + grat.

On our cruise only 3 Cabanas were sold so we had very personal service.

They told us the previous week was a sellout.

Anytime in the future I'm on a ship with Loft 19, I will purchase again.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, May1cruiser said:

overpriced. 

Oh it is, 100%. However, when it comes to vacation, some people have an unlimited budget when it comes to luxury. They will also fight you tooth and nail why every marginal convenience is worth it. So why not offer this if people will buy it?

I found the ceiling fan issue to be interesting. Seems like a small one-time cost that would add comfort for some. I'd be doing every small thing I could to improve sales of these. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

For $2,000 I can take an entire nother cruise... I wouldn't give them $200 for the week...

But you do get a bottle of champagne and some waters, and you get to pretend you are someone important 🤣.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Considering Excel rooms already have access to the area, I don’t understand where the justification would be for the advertised price.

OP, the same for our coming Jubilee cruise.  Maybe 3 or 4 booked, but a bunch still available.  Like others have said, Carnival will sell it for less if they have to, but for anyone needing it before the cruise will pay more.  Seems to be the same experience with spa treatments, you are more likely to find a deal with a spa treatment onboard rather than pre-cruise.  This seems to be counterintuitive since things like Cheers package are discontinued before the cruise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ncovert said:

Considering Excel rooms already have access to the area, I don’t understand where the justification would be for the advertised price.

OP, the same for our coming Jubilee cruise.  Maybe 3 or 4 booked, but a bunch still available.  Like others have said, Carnival will sell it for less if they have to, but for anyone needing it before the cruise will pay more.  Seems to be the same experience with spa treatments, you are more likely to find a deal with a spa treatment onboard rather than pre-cruise.  This seems to be counterintuitive since things like Cheers package are discontinued before the cruise.

My guess is that their reasoning for this is because something like CHEERS does not have a "limited" number available.

Tom

• Like 1

20 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

But you do get a bottle of champagne and some waters, and you get to pretend you are someone important 🤣.

Hey, thanks for the feedback n6!

It's funny, I read a lot of trip reports and get a lot of tips from regulars on this board.  Now I see a topic where I have experience and decide to share and I'm so happy to have your support.

It seems like we are always the people circling the decks every day looking for lounge chairs and can never find them.  To us, we really enjoyed the opportunity to try a Loft 19 cabana so we'd always have a dedicated place to find chairs.  I doubt we would have paid full price.  I doubt we would have purchased if we weren't splitting the cost with fellow cruisers in a different cabin.

I will say it was enjoyable to have a spot with prompt beverage service, dedicated seats, lunch service and the occasional snack or treat.

• Like 4

On 1/3/2024 at 9:59 AM, Bob NC said:

Hey, thanks for the feedback n6!

It's funny, I read a lot of trip reports and get a lot of tips from regulars on this board.  Now I see a topic where I have experience and decide to share and I'm so happy to have your support.

It seems like we are always the people circling the decks every day looking for lounge chairs and can never find them.  To us, we really enjoyed the opportunity to try a Loft 19 cabana so we'd always have a dedicated place to find chairs.  I doubt we would have paid full price.  I doubt we would have purchased if we weren't splitting the cost with fellow cruisers in a different cabin.

I will say it was enjoyable to have a spot with prompt beverage service, dedicated seats, lunch service and the occasional snack or treat.

As Jimbo likes to say, choices are a good thing! It just isn't for me, but as a shareholder I thank everyone that splurges on this! 

• Like 10

On 1/2/2024 at 4:12 PM, sid_9169 said:

For $2,000 I can take an entire nother cruise... I wouldn't give them $200 for the week...

While I certainly wouldn't pay $2000, to have my own reserved (and nicer) area for a week for $200, I would probably jump on that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2024 at 3:12 PM, sid_9169 said:

My wife becomes Diamond on the 1/14/24 cruise. She got their a lot faster (more cruises) with more moderately priced cruises.

• Like 3