Does Princess require any Yellow Fever or other vaccine for South America?

gam888

We are sailing on the Sapphire Princess on February to South America. The countries we will visit are Argentina, Chile, Falkland Islands, Uruguay. We will not be going to Iguazo Falls. Would anyone know if Princess requires any vaccine certificate for Yellow Fever, or other vaccines to enter into these countries? We already have Covid 19 and Hepatitis A and B. Thank you in advance.

Posted (edited)

We're heading there on a cruise later this month and are not aware of having to have proof of any vaccines to enter the countries you listed.

Chile - Traveler view | Travelers' Health | CDC

Uruguay - Traveler view | Travelers' Health | CDC

Argentina - Traveler view | Travelers' Health | CDC

Edited by Ken the cruiser

"I would *think* that any requirements of this nature would be covered in your travel summary. "

Hi Rick and Jeannie,

Where in our travel summary might this information be included? Would that be after I have signed into my personalizer page?

Thank you all for replying my post. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, gam888 said:

Where in our travel summary might thisinformation be included? Would that be after I have signed into my personalizer page?

Here's a screen shot from the online page. It's the top item where you also print your luggage tags at 75 days out. If you're on the desktop version it's in the top right hand side of the page with the same heading.

The Travel Summary is the primary document for your cruise, with the itinerary, flights, excursions, packages, OBC, invoice & payment, etc.  Highly suggest you keep a PDF copy.

Screenshot_20240104_120039_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Paula_MacFan

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, gam888 said:

Where in our travel summary might this information be included? Would that be after I have signed into my personalizer page?

Here is a screen shot of where you find the Travel Summary on the desktop/web version of the Personalizer.  The link is in the upper right corner.  Also here's a screen shot of my Travel Summary where it lists the vaccination information at the bottom under 'Important Notices'.

TS.png

vax.png

Edited by Paula_MacFan

I am on a HAL cruise that goes up the Amazon River as far as Manaus.  We need to get a yellow fever vax (or waiver if you're over 65 and medically unable to get the YF vax), but this has been clearly disclosed on the cruise description.  We also need a Brazilian visa which is causing all sorts of angst amongst the HAL RC for this cruise.

For the itinerary discussed in this thread, no VF is required, as has been stated elsewhere.

1 hour ago, DCThunder said:

I am on a HAL cruise that goes up the Amazon River as far as Manaus.  We need to get a yellow fever vax (or waiver if you're over 65 and medically unable to get the YF vax), but this has been clearly disclosed on the cruise description.  We also need a Brazilian visa which is causing all sorts of angst amongst the HAL RC for this cruise.

For the itinerary discussed in this thread, no VF is required, as has been stated elsewhere.

Manaus is in the Amazon region of Brazil and needs more vaccines. Not too many cruise lines go up the Amazon due to recent restrictions. Yes you do need a visa and years ago when I did this the Brazilian embassy in SF kept my passport for 3 weeks. Do everything early to be prepared 

Princess may not require a vaccine but your Country of residence may. I'd be checking there and not relying on Princess' advice.

Unless you’ve been in an area that would make you need a vaccine or waiver to enter those countries, you should be fine. Residents of some countries will need them.