Barcelona

1 hour ago, Harley167 said:

On Celebrity Summit in October. We sail from Barcelona. Does anyone have hotel recomendations for Barcelona for one nite before cruise?

You might find some useful information here.  Be aware that if you ask 10 people for recommendations, you will get more than 10 answers. 😉

• Like 1

Most cruise ships depart from the Moll Adossat pier.

CHEAP: Hotel Jazz or AC Hotels by Marriott.

MID-RANGE: I usually stay at the Alexandra Barcelona hotel, a Hilton property.

HIGH-END: The Almanac is a fabulous, centrally located five-star boutique hotel.

• Like 1

Loved the Iberostar Selection Paseo de Gracia!   Fabulous central location, close to HOHO bus, wonderful breakfast, great rooms and service, beautiful rooftop terrace, and tons of restaurants and stores all around.     

But as someone else said, lots of opinions.  

• Like 1

We stayed at Hotel Barcelona House off the Ramblas in October.  It was easy to access from the bus that left from the airport.  It was also an easy walk to the bus that took us to the ship.  Clean, comfortable.  Would stay there again.

• Like 1

We stayed at the Hotel Majestic in August before our cruise on the Edge.  A short cab ride from the port, 1 block from the subway and 2 blocks away from both Casa Mila and Casa Battlo.   Has an amazing breakfast and a rooftop deck with quite a view (and a tiny pool).  Tons of perks if you have book through AMEX.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mimiya11 said:

Loved the Iberostar Selection Paseo de Gracia!   Fabulous central location, close to HOHO bus, wonderful breakfast, great rooms and service, beautiful rooftop terrace, and tons of restaurants and stores all around.     

But as someone else said, lots of opinions.  

Love, love, love that hotel! We stayed there in November and it was great. Perfectly situated on Placa de Catalunya and so close to the Gothic Quarter and La Rambla. We walked everywhere - even that monstrosity called La Sagrada Familia (it was about 40 minutes at a slow pace), the Olympic Stadium and Plaza de Espana. It's a ten minute ride to the port via taxi, which the hotel will call for you. 

Breakfast is quite wonderful! I'm glad we added it on to our package. The staff are all really great people too. Front desk allowed us to check-in at 10:30 AM, with no extra fee added. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruiseny4life said:

Love, love, love that hotel! We stayed there in November and it was great. Perfectly situated on Placa de Catalunya and so close to the Gothic Quarter and La Rambla. We walked everywhere - even that monstrosity called La Sagrada Familia (it was about 40 minutes at a slow pace), the Olympic Stadium and Plaza de Espana. It's a ten minute ride to the port via taxi, which the hotel will call for you. 

Breakfast is quite wonderful! I'm glad we added it on to our package. The staff are all really great people too. Front desk allowed us to check-in at 10:30 AM, with no extra fee added. 

Wait!  Were you on the Apex TA in November?   If so, so were we!!  

And yes the breakfast!!!!  And yes early check in!!   And staff were outstanding.     

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

even that monstrosity called La Sagrada Familia

Was Sagrada Familia not good? I'm trying to plan our one post-cruise day in Barcelona, and I'm trying to figure out if it's really worth the trouble.

3 minutes ago, acrane said:

Was Sagrada Familia not good? I'm trying to plan our one post-cruise day in Barcelona, and I'm trying to figure out if it's really worth the trouble.

Found it to be very interesting in 2017 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, acrane said:

It is worth the effort; make sure you pre-paid tickets with entry time window.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Harley167 said:

Does anyone have hotel recomendations for Barcelona for one nite before cruise?

This is such a faq that there is actually a pinned thread on the topic found at the top of this Spain Ports forum and you would probably find a few good suggestions on it:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2902493-barcelona-hotels/

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

We stayed at the Hotel Majestic in August before our cruise on the Edge.  A short cab ride from the port, 1 block from the subway and 2 blocks away from both Casa Mila and Casa Battlo.   Has an amazing breakfast and a rooftop deck with quite a view (and a tiny pool).  Tons of perks if you have book through AMEX.

We stayed there in July before our cruise on Enchantment and loved it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

My favorite.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

Wait!  Were you on the Apex TA in November?   If so, so were we!!  

And yes the breakfast!!!!  And yes early check in!!   And staff were outstanding.     

Oh gosh no. I was on a later cruise in November on NCL. I sometimes take a look at the Celebrity boards, but don't really say much. This was a topic I could actually post on in an educated way! Especially after I saw you mention the same hotel. Our trip was wonderful. I hope your Apex journey was equally as lovely! 

15 hours ago, acrane said:

There are plenty of (probably) millions of people that love it. It's not for me. None of Gaudi's architecture is for me - we actually skipped all the other Gaudi sites, but figured when in Barcelona..... If I was in Barcelona again, for the first time, I'd still wander up there. We did not go inside. Didn't want to pay to go in a church and didn't want to wait in any lines when we could be exploring more interesting parts of the city (to us). 

• Thanks 1

We spent a day and a half in Barcelona and really enjoyed everything we saw which was SF with tower, Casa Battlo, Casa Mila, Parc Guell, and the cable car to Montjuic Castle. We wish we had more time there it was such a great city but appreciated what we were lucky enough to see.

• Like 2