Priority boarding

bobpell

4 minutes ago, bobpell said:

First timers with this benefit because of our room selection.

Do we mention this after getting our medallions?

What actually happens?

Thanks

Bob

Room type? 

I should have mentioned on initial boarding in Fort Lauderdale

We are in a penthouse suite

Or does "priority boarding" only apply for excursions at ports away from FLL

Bob

4 minutes ago, CCFC said:

There was no priority boarding out of Fort Lauderdale for the Christmas cruise

No priority “check in”, but there is priority boarding for Elites/Suites and platinum members.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, bobpell said:

I should have mentioned on initial boarding in Fort Lauderdale

We are in a penthouse suite

Or does "priority boarding" only apply for excursions at ports away from FLL

Bob

Every one goes through one check in line to get

inside the terminal at FLL.  From there you would either go through the blue lane (no medallion) or green lane )if you have a medallion).

Then, you would tell them you’re in a suite, you’ll go to a priority lounge area to wait till boarding starts.  Yes, you will be in the first group to board.

FLL also has a dedicated suite pre checkin location near

the terminal for suite guests.

I have not used this, but others may chime in. You can also inquire about this to your TA/CVP.

Here’s the thread on the suite lounge. There have been several threads on CC.

Edited by PacnGoNow

It means that if you arrive at the pier before boarding begins you are placed in the first group to board. It's still a crowded terminal. If you arrive after general boarding has begun you just join all the others.

Seek out information on the full suite off pier lounge. I read good reviews.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCFC said:

I highly doubt that.  When did you arrive for check-in?  Had boarding already commenced?  I notice you are from UK, so likely not been to FLL much?

2 minutes ago, 57eric said:

The OP would be well advised to have his medallions mailed.  I only see references to picking them up.

The OP is in England no option to have mailed

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

but there is priority boarding for Elites/Suites and platinum members.

I am Platinum. 
So how do I get Priority boarding.

I live in UK and will be boarding in Southampton.

18 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I am Platinum. 
So how do I get Priority boarding.

I live in UK and will be boarding in Southampton.

Someone who’s done a Southampton embarkation should be able to answer this for you.

There should be a priority checkin, once you get inside the terminal?

However, some have reported there being one outside.  

I have not embarked out of Southampton this year.

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

No priority “check in”, but there is priority boarding for Elites/Suites and platinum members.

When we boarded Caribbean Princess in December there was no priority for Elite or suites, this was my 29th Princess cruise and the first time I have not had priority boarding for a long time. There were two queues, those with Medallions and those picking them up at the port. Those with Medallions got on a lot quicker than the rest of us.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Someone who’s done a Southampton embarkation should be able to answer this for you.

There should be a priority checkin, once you get inside the terminal?

However, some have reported there being one outside.  

I have not embarked out of Southampton this year.

Ive done Southampton, you get to wait in a separate area and are called for boarding after Suites and Elites.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I highly doubt that.  When did you arrive for check-in?  Had boarding already commenced?  I notice you are from UK, so likely not been to FLL much?

We were picked up by Princess from the Hilton and taken straight to the ship around noon. Boarding had started and there were two queues, one for people with Medallions and another for those without. There was no priority for anyone though those with Medallions got on a lot quicker. It was my 5th time embarking in Fort Lauderdale, the last time was 2019 when we had priority boarding. It was quite disappointing after all these cruises with them (29).

2 minutes ago, CCFC said:

When we boarded Caribbean Princess in December there was no priority for Elite or suites, this was my 29th Princess cruise and the first time I have not had priority boarding for a long time. There were two queues, those with Medallions and those picking them up at the port. Those with Medallions got on a lot quicker than the rest of us.

Yes, that’s the “check in” procedure now.  Don’t like it all, as we used to have a priority line to get inside of the terminal!

But, PCL..to simplify (lol) the process, changed it to only one line to get inside.

Then, once inside, check in has 3 lanes, blue, green and gray.

BUT…. after check in..Then you should have a priority lounge to sit in before boarding… boarding first Elites/suites and then platinum.  This part had not changed.

UNLESS…boarding had already started.  In that case, you’d just go OB.

Most of the US ports have implemented this new check in process.

11 minutes ago, CCFC said:

I see you were out of Southampton?  Mostly, blue lane then.  Were there 2 lines outside also, or just 1?

They did not have a priority lounge anymore?  Or, were they already boarding?

6 hours ago, CCFC said:

I'm Elite and was on the Ruby Christmas cruise from Ft Lauderdale too. When I first got to the port, everyone was in one giant line. After about 20 min a port worker walked down the line and told those of us who already had our medallion to follow him up to the doors to create a "green lane" line. But when the doors opened, both lines walked in together. After security, there was then a special line for Elite, Suite and Platinum to check in. Afterwards we were shown to the Elite, Suite and Platinum lounge. It was a nice room with refreshments. Eventually we were told that we could board and that we were the first passengers to go onboard. So, that seems like Priority Boarding to me even though it wasn't a special line right from the beginning like it used to be a number of years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1