One of Those Days – aka, I Need a Cruise

5 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

I use to read his books, but I can't remember references to bromeliads.

I'm not much of a gardener either, my Idea of gardening is with a machete.😆

Hil keeps a strong leash on me when we get out in the garden.

The book was call the Bromeliad, with 3 main parts, Truckers, Diggers and Wings.

download.webp

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

The book was call the Bromeliad, with 3 main parts, Truckers, Diggers and Wings.

download.webp

Going to have to look it up on my e-reader, thanks.

• Like 1

Bromeliads are excellent tree climbers. I'll go out on a limb and post this photo I took in a country (I can't recall which) near Mexico during a tour off Celebrity Infinity (Ft Lauderdale/San Diego) 2015.

DSC02748.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Costa Rica, I presume.

You could be right. It was west coast after Panama. It was there that I first tasted sour sop - delicious.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

The two LL is the American spell, as against the English spelling.

But the US never has been able to spell, they seem to have gone out of their way to mess up my already inability to spell correctly. All I can say is thank god for the spell checker with a real English dictionary.

By the way that's a great tip re the holes thing, will definitely try that.

Agree the American spelling is creeping in everywhere! I majored in English, so it tends to annoy me somewhat.

There is a valid reason why Madam has two LLs in her name. We wanted to incorporate the breeder's kennel name (Hillcrest) into her name so that's how the LLs came about.

Anyway, without further ado......... May I introduce my personal trainer and all round good girl, Hillary.

IMG_20190419_1522252.thumb.jpg.943337d2629002621f085318604d5bf0.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

This is Happy, wants to play!

image.thumb.jpeg.1061e59e8d806d601a3d372bdaf8ac59.jpeg

He's adorable!!! Definitely up for a rumble. That pose is what's known as a 'play bow'. BTW have you had a chance to try the digging holes deterrent yet?

17 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Just for you been down and took a photo a section of a curved bit.

image.thumb.jpeg.17c51e43e78043cb42323c7f82330f07.jpeg

Haven't been able to trim the grass, as the fresh laid dirt would be whipped up as well.

Thank you, John, for pandering to my request. It looks great!!! Well worth the effort and I'm sure Hilary is thrilled.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

He looks just like a dog, one of my other daughters has. I think that ones called a Groodle.

What is it these days with dogs, in my day if a dog was cross bred you called it a mongrel or a bitsa and they weren't worth much.

Now they give them fancy names and charge a fortune for them.

Must admit they great dogs anyway.

Put 'designer' in front of anything and the price goes through the roof!🙄 Mind you most of the 'oodle' crosses are adorable and smart as a whip.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cbtours said:

I think Teddy is a cavoodle (or caboodle???) and he’s 18 months old. He’s just the most affectionate dog I’ve ever known.

our beloved corgi, Milly, just couldn’t last any long when we moved to a fifty plus community 3 years ago 🥺

IMG_0207.jpeg

Awww, what a sweet corgi girl. You were correct the first time it's Cavoodle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Going to have to look it up on my e-reader, thanks.

Love Terry Pratchett! He had such a quick wit. The one that tickled my fancy the most was a character describing a gastric upset as dire rear!!!🤣 very apt.

3 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Put 'designer' in front of anything and the price goes through the roof!🙄 Mind you most of the 'oodle' crosses are adorable and smart as a whip.

4 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

The huge benefit is no hair shedding. A double coated corgi is unbelievable in their shedding! Three years on and we still find dog hair when we use something we haven’t used for a while

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

The huge benefit is no hair shedding. A double coated corgi is unbelievable in their shedding! Three years on and we still find dog hair when we use something we haven’t used for a while

Labradors are worse (they're bigger, so more hair to shed 😂). When Hills 'blows' her coat twice a year it comes out in the clumps. The rest of the time we find 'drifts' of hair up against the skirting boards and furniture and I sweep and vacuum several times a day!!! The hair really shows up - chocolate hair, white tiles you get the picture. Even our lab breeder friends can't believe how much hair she sheds (they look after her when we cruise). Honestly, she should be bald!!!🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ceeceeDee said:

Labradors are worse (they're bigger, so more hair to shed 😂). When Hills 'blows' her coat twice a year it comes out in the clumps. The rest of the time we find 'drifts' of hair up against the skirting boards and furniture and I sweep and vacuum several times a day!!! The hair really shows up - chocolate hair, white tiles you get the picture. Even our lab breeder friends can't believe how much hair she sheds (they look after her when we cruise). Honestly, she should be bald!!!🤭

Have to disagree!!!! I had a lab! Cream, but from a chocolate mother so she had brown nose and “eyeliner “

she shed lots but no where near what our corgi did lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Have to disagree!!!! I had a lab! Cream, but from a chocolate mother so she had brown nose and “eyeliner “

she shed lots but no where near what our corgi did lol

You haven't met Hillary🤣 However, I also didn't meet your corgi, so let's just agree that the hair drop is/was excessive.🙂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

You haven't met Hillary🤣 However, I also didn't meet your corgi, so let's just agree that the hair drop is/was excessive.🙂

That being said we adored our lab as well as our corgi lol

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Hahaha, not dogs, but talking with my daughter, and enjoying helping them plan their next booked cruise, I mentioned that a 6'1" guy said the shower rose in the balcony cabin is a tad low and he had to crouch a bit to wash his hair. Daughter's hubby is 6'4" - we recently stayed in a mini suite with a shower over the bath (hehe) - she said his head touched the ceiling and she'd see hairs stuck to the ceiling after he'd showered 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hahaha, not dogs, but talking with my daughter, and enjoying helping them plan their next booked cruise, I mentioned that a 6'1" guy said the shower rose in the balcony cabin is a tad low and he had to crouch a bit to wash his hair. Daughter's hubby is 6'4" - we recently stayed in a mini suite with a shower over the bath (hehe) - she said his head touched the ceiling and she'd see hairs stuck to the ceiling after he'd showered 🤣

Oh, pity the poor cabin steward trying to clean the ceiling!!! Most stewards I've come across are fairly slight in stature. I'm 5'1" (155cm), so I can really relate!!!😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ceeceeDee said:

Oh, pity the poor cabin steward trying to clean the ceiling!!! Most stewards I've come across are fairly slight in stature. I'm 5'1" (155cm), so I can really relate!!!😂

Yes, poor steward 🙁 I'm 5'2" and daughters, who both got the tall gene from their dad and passed it on to all but one of their kids, get to see the dust and, heaven forbid if there is any, grot in my place higher than my own line of vision 🥴

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

He's adorable!!! Definitely up for a rumble. That pose is what's known as a 'play bow'. BTW have you had a chance to try the digging holes deterrent yet?

It seems one growl was enough, he hasn't dug another since, maybe he decided he would rather play than be growled at.😁

I know I'm the same when growled at by you know who.😆

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

I don't know, no sure which would be worst, a dog that sheds, or the ones like Leah who didn't.

With Leah I was constantly brushing and trimming her, or she would knot up something shocking.

If I slipped and didn't, then she would be a real pain to de-knot, I'd have to be really careful to not nick her.

But she was worth every minute of it.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

It seems one growl was enough, he hasn't dug another since, maybe he decided he would rather play than be growled at.😁

SWMBO 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

I normally get growled at because I want to play.:classic_tongue:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

I don't know, no sure which would be worst, a dog that sheds, or the ones like Leah who didn't.

With Leah I was constantly brushing and trimming her, or she would knot up something shocking.

If I slipped and didn't, then she would be a real pain to de-knot, I'd have to be really careful to not nick her.

But she was worth every minute of it.

Just as well the joy we receive from our pets makes it all worth while 🥰

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Just as well the joy we receive from our pets makes it all worth while 🥰

Oh they give far more, far far more.

I only have to think of her, and she's still giving.😊

• Like 2