One of Those Days – aka, I Need a Cruise

6 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Haven't had any CC pop-ups, what do they say?

This is popping-up repeatedly for me today, and a total pain when trying to type. I am registered (obviously) and logged in, so it makes no sense.

Capture_93.jpg.7125bf3d9acba0a2e3955eff28958a8b.jpg

You haven't cleaned your cookies list have you?

Used a different machine?

Been a bad boy Geoff and mentioned they who cant be spoken off?😁

Have you tried logging out and re logging in?

ps: no I haven't been getting that.

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ozwoody said:

You haven't cleaned your cookies list have you?

Used a different machine?

Been a bad boy Geoff and mentioned they who cant be spoken off?😁

Have you tried logging out and re logging in?

I have an anti-tracker, and my work pc has some restrictions on cookies. CC has a long list of data trackers, so I don't want to give them a free reign.

I have been continually logged-in for a while - well, several months really. I think I might try a fresh login.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, arxcards said:

I have an anti-tracker, and my work pc has some restrictions on cookies. CC has a long list of data trackers, so I don't want to give them a free reign.

I have been continually logged-in for a while - well, several months really. I think I might try a fresh login.

🤞

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2024 at 10:15 PM, arxcards said:

Hi Geoff how did you go?

Did you solve the pop ups?

36 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Hi Geoff how did you go?

Did you solve the pop ups?

No.

Turns out it is related to Norton anti-tracker. I could switch it off for the site, except CC are loaded with trackers. I am just starting to get used to it.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

No.

Turns out it is related to Norton anti-tracker. I could switch it off for the site, except CC are loaded with trackers. I am just starting to get used to it.

Ahh, I have had similar issue when I used Norton's, change to a different Web Security program for a while, but it too wanted to overly control what I did, eventually started using CCleaner free version, run it daily, it removes all the trackers, that you don't have in its approved cookie list.

Seems to work don't get many spams etc since using it.

Still use a Web Security but soften up on its cookie tracking.

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 2:36 PM, Ozwoody said:

Hi Neil

In my former life as a working man, I was an engineer, on my bum at a computer, designing fire and plumbing systems. how ever I always wanted to work with my hands, so when we needed to do some renovations, I did the engineers thing, rule book in left hand and hammer in right and proceeded to figure out how to do as I went, I learnt enough to know when it came to the major reno, of raising the house and extending that it was not that difficult to do, you get a builder into do it.😁

But I do do quite a bit of wood work these days, and love getting into my shed and make things.

But don't ask me to free hand draw something or paint, I'm completely inept at them.

And in the interest every ones ears, for goodness sake don't ask me to do anything musical.🤣

I leave that to my wife who excels at both.

We all have our talents, some are good at one thing others at another.

My main talent seems to be in getting into trouble.😱

However with wood I seem to have small gift, see some below.

image.jpeg.54d73957e31e156ff78a540f91386b5e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.062a28ed25d96dd0f596a077f91b44bd.jpeg

Oh I love your beautiful woodwork.  I bought a parquetry kitchen stool at Yandina Markets, which I use as a table beside my squatter's chair.  My house is full of wooden bowls, stirrers, etc.,made from beautiful wood, which I can't resist buying.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2024 at 6:44 AM, MMDown Under said:

Oh I love your beautiful woodwork.  I bought a parquetry kitchen stool at Yandina Markets, which I use as a table beside my squatter's chair.  My house is full of wooden bowls, stirrers, etc.,made from beautiful wood, which I can't resist buying.  

Thanks, its nice when people like what you make.

I enjoy making parquetry objects, from the smaller pieces like the 160mm dia. trivit I made my daughter Rebekah, and the Tray & charcuterie board set I made Hil. See below:

image.thumb.jpeg.99ce409485c02ae589fec0ef53316069.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0a6629541984401d138b3eadbd117a93.jpeg

All made from old pallet wood.

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Thanks, its nice when people like what you make.

I enjoy making parquetry objects, from the smaller pieces like the 160mm dia. trivit I made my daughter Rebekah, and the Tray & charcuterie board set I made Hil. See below:

image.thumb.jpeg.99ce409485c02ae589fec0ef53316069.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0a6629541984401d138b3eadbd117a93.jpeg

All made from old pallet wood.

Wow they are beautiful.  Do you make one thing at a time or have several works of art on the go at once?

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Wow they are beautiful.  Do you make one thing at a time or have several works of art on the go at once?

Wellll, mostly one at a time, as some like the trivit may look straight forward, but there are a lot of little fiddly bits. However I have got myself in a little pickle at the moment as I have started on three projects, it was supposed to be only two.

BUT, I have taken an interest in a Japanese art called kumiko, and suddenly found myself well in over my head. not only do you have to make the art, but all the tools to make it with.😬

See examples below I am have been inspired by, so far I have only cut some strips, and made some special jig type tools.

image.thumb.jpeg.5f67c20e6fed79e0601fe6473327bc7c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6bd00bffbea6b2265850ea4b945da1bf.jpeg

I'm currently working on something like the bottom one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozwoody said:

Wellll, mostly one at a time, as some like the trivit may look straight forward, but there are a lot of little fiddly bits. However I have got myself in a little pickle at the moment as I have started on three projects, it was supposed to be only two.

BUT, I have taken an interest in a Japanese art called kumiko, and suddenly found myself well in over my head. not only do you have to make the art, but all the tools to make it with.😬

See examples below I am have been inspired by, so far I have only cut some strips, and made some special jig type tools.

A very talented man 😁😁👏

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

A very talented man 😁😁👏

Oh goodness no, I'm just a plodder, the amount of times I have to pull things apart and do it again, is no craftsman, then I look at the finished pieces and go, "Its not right dam missed that".

But I do have fun doing it.

Then I get requests like the Crib board, and I can't resist the challenge, and even though I see the faults, I'm still pleased with what I done. Its a hobby!

• Like 3

Just now, Ozwoody said:

Oh goodness no, I'm just a plodder, the amount of times I have to pull things apart and do it again, is no craftsman, then I look at the finished pieces and go, "Its not right dam missed that".

But I do have fun doing it.

Then I get requests like the Crib board, and I can't resist the challenge, and even though I see the faults, I'm still pleased with what I done. Its a hobby!

I bet NO ONE else sees the faults!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I bet NO ONE else sees the faults!

😆Hil says that, but I'm striving to get it right, still learning, only started playing with wood since we retired.

When I see true artisans work, I think how amazing it is, and I strive to be better, which of course is exactly how life should be.😉

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Wow you must have incredible patience.  

• Like 2

Seriously, this is exquisite craftsmanship.  My father-in-law was a master carpenter joiner, who actually paid to study under a maestro in Northern Italy.  That was in the first half of last century (feeling old writing this).  He produced the most amazing furniture and intricate cupboards.  A clever, mathematical mindset is a requisite gift for such work.  Congratulations to both you (and St. Hilary😇).

I’ve only just read your thread from P.1.  Hilarious, and witty.

Here’s my NGR for today:  how not to start a ragu for a lasagne when all your prep work has been perfect, till lifting the oil from the oil drawer to begin the first cooking step

IMG_5648.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Here’s my NGR for today:  how not to start a ragu for a lasagne when all your prep work has been perfect, till lifting the oil from the oil drawer to begin the first cooking step

IMG_5648.jpeg

Ouch! I feel your pain. Cleaning up a whole broken bottle of oil is a horrible chore. Been there, done that!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

IMG_5648.jpeg

Oh dear! I know that feeling 😩😁

• Thanks 1