One of Those Days – aka, I Need a Cruise

I am quite handy at home, having been a jack of all trades and a master of 3, there are however some jobs I leave to the professionals. Tiling is one such task.

I too can find trouble easily and I also have a great ability to time travel grammatically.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Darren builds awesome theatre sets (he's won awards for them). Unfortunately all I end up with are photos and memories as I can't bring them home. If he builds a staircase on stage it's rock solid. Doesn't move an inch even with several cast members charging up and down it and the English drawing room he did for one of my shows was so beautiful that I nearly cried when we had to pull it down at the end of the play's run.

Wow, I'd like to meet him one day.

I felt really sorry for you on the last bit.😢

I assume you belong to a production company, I use to love going to live plays, don't seem to have time these day, which is ridiculous as we're retired.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Hi Neil

In my former life as a working man, I was an engineer, on my bum at a computer, designing fire and plumbing systems. how ever I always wanted to work with my hands, so when we needed to do some renovations, I did the engineers thing, rule book in left hand and hammer in right and proceeded to figure out how to do as I went, I learnt enough to know when it came to the major reno, of raising the house and extending that it was not that difficult to do, you get a builder into do it.😁

But I do do quite a bit of wood work these days, and love getting into my shed and make things.

But don't ask me to free hand draw something or paint, I'm completely inept at them.

And in the interest every ones ears, for goodness sake don't ask me to do anything musical.🤣

I leave that to my wife who excels at both.

We all have our talents, some are good at one thing others at another.

My main talent seems to be in getting into trouble.😱

However with wood I seem to have small gift, see some below.

image.jpeg.54d73957e31e156ff78a540f91386b5e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.062a28ed25d96dd0f596a077f91b44bd.jpeg

Very impressive 👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MicCanberra said:

I am quite handy at home, having been a jack of all trades and a master of 3, there are however some jobs I leave to the professionals. Tiling is one such task.

Oh god, I'm with you on that, and plastering, I'll whack the sheets up, but I'm totally hopeless with the wet stuff.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Wow, I'd like to meet him one day.

I felt really sorry for you on the last bit.😢

I assume you belong to a production company, I use to love going to live plays, don't seem to have time these day, which is ridiculous as we're retired.

Yes, I'm vice president of a theatre company on the Gold Coast and work in theatres from Northern NSW to Brisbane. I also work in film and TV, though that has been on a bit of a hiatus with the recent writers' strike in the US. Australia was affected as American production companies all downed tools on filming in Oz. Hopefully things will pick up again soon.

We'd like to meet you too, John and Hilary. Maybe on a cruise one day...................?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

Thanks

The pedestal table I made last year for our wedding anniversary. The coin in the middle is an English half crown.

The crib board I made for a sister-in-law.

The table is beautiful but the crib board is just stunning. I wish my late father could have seen it. He loved playing crib. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Yes, I'm vice president of a theatre company on the Gold Coast and work in theatres from Northern NSW to Brisbane. I also work in film and TV, though that has been on a bit of a hiatus with the recent writers' strike in the US. Australia was affected as American production companies all downed tools on filming in Oz. Hopefully things will pick up again soon.

We'd like to meet you too, John and Hilary. Maybe on a cruise one day...................?

We'd love that, hopefully our cruising will cross.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The table is beautiful but the crib board is just stunning. I wish my late father could have seen it. He loved playing crib. 

my sister-in-law is a very active player, asked if it was possible for me to make a three sided one so three could play at once.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozwoody said:

my sister-in-law is a very active player, asked if it was possible for me to make a three sided one so three could play at once.

I haven't played crib in years but I used to enjoy playing it.

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I haven't played crib in years but I used to enjoy playing it.

When I was a kid, it was very popular, my mom & dad use to have regular matches with a group of people. it doesn't seem to be popular these days don't know why.

Don't play myself, don't know anyone that does, except my SIL, unfortunately she lives down the Gold Coast.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

When I was a kid, it was very popular, my mom & dad use to have regular matches with a group of people. it doesn't seem to be popular these days don't know why.

Don't play myself, don't know anyone that does, except my SIL, unfortunately she lives down the Gold Coast.

People weren't glued to their TV screens when I was a kid. In fact TV only came to NZ around 1960. I was a fairly good crib player by then even though I was quite young.

23 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

People weren't glued to their TV screens when I was a kid. In fact TV only came to NZ around 1960. I was a fairly good crib player by then even though I was quite young.

Yes I think your right TV has killed a lot of board games and card games.

All the younger generations seem to be locked into their phones and TV's.

I'm a misfit I'm afraid, I hate how phones are used for everything to the point they rarely get used as phones today. All I get from our kids are phone text messages, and most of those have so many xg's tyz's instead of words, that I don't understand half of it any way.

Sorry, I think I'm just getting old and crotchety.😆

But why don't they just ring.😕 That's what a blood phone was meant wasn't it😂

Yep old and crotchety🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes I think your right TV has killed a lot of board games and card games.

All the younger generations seem to be locked into their phones and TV's.

I'm a misfit I'm afraid, I hate how phones are used for everything to the point they rarely get used as phones today. All I get from our kids are phone text messages, and most of those have so many xg's tyz's instead of words, that I don't understand half of it any way.

Sorry, I think I'm just getting old and crotchety.😆

But why don't they just ring.😕 That's what a blood phone was meant wasn't it😂

Yep old and crotchety🤣

I stopped regarding them as phones years ago. Especially since they have so much more computing power than the mainframes, mini-computers, micro-computers and Unix servers that I used to work with way back. The phone is just another app these days.

I have a curious mind so I love the ability to look up things on the fly. However we've banned phones in our bedroom so sometimes late at night when I'm having difficulty sleeping I miss being able to check things that pop up in books I'm reading.

• Like 3

You know I'm surprised that no one has challenged me on my harvesting bromeliads from our bromeliad tree, what no gardeners out there?

I had/have no clue of what you were taking about & decided to not show my ignorance 🙂 I guess I could always look it up on my phone 😮

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I had/have no clue of what you were taking about & decided to not show my ignorance 🙂 I guess I could always look it up on my phone 😮

I had thought that one of the ladies would be quick to pick up on bromeliad tree, as they are more generally into gardening than us mere males.

Up until 10 years ago would not have understood either.😆

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Haha 1

Hi Lyn (sorry am assuming Lyn)

And yes they are just like triffids, they will take over if allowed, we have them almost all the way across the back garden, the only way they stay there is they have a barrier to stop their spread.

I would not mind if they metaphor'd into pineapples.😄 

I would then enthusiastically encourage them.🤣

But I can assure people they don't need encouragement.😣

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

I had thought that one of the ladies would be quick to pick up on bromeliad tree, as their are more generally into gardening than us mere males.

Up until 10 years ago would not have understood either.😆

It’s too hard to pronounce 😁

37 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

very nice 

They can be, as long as you keep them trimmed and maintained, and don't let the grow into an approximately 6 metre tall tree, which tends to make them a bit difficult to keep maintained.

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

You know I'm surprised that no one has challenged me on my harvesting bromeliads from our bromeliad tree, what no gardeners out there?

I only know what a bromiliad is due to Terry Pratchets books, other than that I was born with blue thumbs.

• Like 1