One of Those Days – aka, I Need a Cruise

OK if you guys are to ashamed to tell us an Oh dam that didn't go as planned stories.

Maybe this will get a giggle, then maybe a nod of yep definitely.

image.png.2c9328af1a767f8e437149a3933e263f.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

OK if you guys are to ashamed to tell us an Oh dam that didn't go as planned stories.

Maybe this will get a giggle, then maybe a nod of yep definitely.

image.png.2c9328af1a767f8e437149a3933e263f.png

I come home thinking "damn, now I have to go back to cooking our meals again!" 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I come home thinking "damn, now I have to go back to cooking our meals again!" 🤣

I come back and start planning the next one!!

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

I come back and start planning the next one!!

I already have the next one booked, and the next one, and sometimes one after that - I think my record is six cruises booked.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I already have the next one booked, and the next one, and sometimes one after that - I think my record is six cruises booked.

Lol, our addiction is getting dangerous, it seems control has been lost. Currently 12 cruises booked, but we have more than just cruises planned.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Well even if it’s not cruising I already want the next holiday at least planned! 

were Syd NZ in March for franks birthday wish, and planning to go back to South Africa for Christmas for him. Our ideal would be to cruise back home instead of flying but there doesn’t seem to be anything. Cunard or leaving 1 Feb this year from capetown but it didn’t fit with our schedule. I’ll keep watching 😁😁😁

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Well even if it’s not cruising I already want the next holiday at least planned! 

were Syd NZ in March for franks birthday wish, and planning to go back to South Africa for Christmas for him. Our ideal would be to cruise back home instead of flying but there doesn’t seem to be anything. Cunard or leaving 1 Feb this year from capetown but it didn’t fit with our schedule. I’ll keep watching 😁😁😁

Check NCL, HAL and Azamara they have a few visits to SA. Easy to check with cruise timetables.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Check NCL, HAL and Azamara they have a few visits to SA. Easy to check with cruise timetables.

Thanks.  think you or someone else mentioned that actually so I will def check it out cos I’ve not booked our flights yet 😁

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Just one?

Unfortunately, most times, yes. We're mainly constrained by Darren's work commitments and available time off. Also, we do a land based holiday as well each year, usually to our favourite B&B.

Having said that I'm currently looking very closely at 2026!!!!!!!!🤣

Edited by ceeceeDee
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Unfortunately, most times, yes. We're mainly constrained by Darren's work commitments and available time off. Also, we do a land based holiday as well each year, usually to our favourite B&B.

Having said that I'm currently looking very closely at 2026!!!!!!!!🤣

We're a bit the same, we're doing two non cruise holidays this year, one driving down south and one flying to Perth, and the cruise later in the year.

Don't think we could fit another trip in.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2024 at 6:01 PM, MicCanberra said:

The book was call the Bromeliad, with 3 main parts, Truckers, Diggers and Wings.

download.webp

Well Mic

I hope your satisfied.🤬

I did look the book up 🤬

Found it, and was able to download a sample part of it, to see what the reference to Bromeliad was about.

I read it🤬

There was no mention of bromeliads in the sampler😡

But the story is about Gnomes, cute little buggers, having a real problem, living with people.😢

Had to find out how they got on, and how the bromeliads fitted in to the story🙄

So downloaded the dam book.🤨

Started reading it.

Its a bloody kids book, I'm not hooked, I could put it down any time I want.🤥

Its amazing how totally innocent creatures trying to do the right thing can get into so much trouble.😵

I think I must have gnome blood in me.😁

I eventually found out what the Bromeliads had to do with the story.🥰

No woman should read it, they will get all soggy, and giving knowing looks at each other.😨

And the gnomes were fine in the end.☺️

And their going to come back to earth, and finish what they started.😊

So Mic are you satisfied????🥴

Regards

The little boy in me.

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Lol, I believe the frogs prefer the Bromiliads more than the Nomes.

Oh Mic you haven't missed the point of the bromeliads have you?

Grimma would be very disappointed with you.

Masklin thankfully did in the end.😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Well Mic

I hope your satisfied.🤬

I did look the book up 🤬

Found it, and was able to download a sample part of it, to see what the reference to Bromeliad was about.

I read it🤬

There was no mention of bromeliads in the sampler😡

But the story is about Gnomes, cute little buggers, having a real problem, living with people.😢

Had to find out how they got on, and how the bromeliads fitted in to the story🙄

So downloaded the dam book.🤨

Started reading it.

Its a bloody kids book, I'm not hooked, I could put it down any time I want.🤥

Its amazing how totally innocent creatures trying to do the right thing can get into so much trouble.😵

I think I must have gnome blood in me.😁

I eventually found out what the Bromeliads had to do with the story.🥰

No woman should read it, they will get all soggy, and giving knowing looks at each other.😨

And the gnomes were fine in the end.☺️

And their going to come back to earth, and finish what they started.😊

So Mic are you satisfied????🥴

Regards

The little boy in me.

Awesome read 😁

If you happen to own a motorcycle and want to do your own servicing, I would not recommend reading this 1974 Best Seller.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. - Robert M Pirsig.

On 1/12/2024 at 3:36 PM, Ozwoody said:

Hi Neil

In my former life as a working man, I was an engineer, on my bum at a computer, designing fire and plumbing systems. how ever I always wanted to work with my hands, so when we needed to do some renovations, I did the engineers thing, rule book in left hand and hammer in right and proceeded to figure out how to do as I went, I learnt enough to know when it came to the major reno, of raising the house and extending that it was not that difficult to do, you get a builder into do it.😁

But I do do quite a bit of wood work these days, and love getting into my shed and make things.

But don't ask me to free hand draw something or paint, I'm completely inept at them.

And in the interest every ones ears, for goodness sake don't ask me to do anything musical.🤣

I leave that to my wife who excels at both.

We all have our talents, some are good at one thing others at another.

My main talent seems to be in getting into trouble.😱

However with wood I seem to have small gift, see some below.

image.jpeg.54d73957e31e156ff78a540f91386b5e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.062a28ed25d96dd0f596a077f91b44bd.jpeg

I am just revisiting this topic, and I must say I am impressed. By trade, I am a foundry patternmaker, and appreciate precise and intricate work. Back in my trade days, it was rare for me to bring my work home with me and was content to leave my engineered timber projects to my employer. I have done some serious renovations over the years, but mostly have an impressive and underutilised toolbox.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

I am just revisiting this topic, and I must say I am impressed. By trade, I am a foundry patternmaker, and appreciate precise and intricate work. Back in my trade days, it was rare for me to bring my work home with me and was content to leave my engineered timber projects to my employer. I have done some serious renovations over the years, but mostly have an impressive and underutilised toolbox.

My husband was an engineer's pattern maker too, so I can appreciate the exacting nature of the work. He was a great handyman around the home, but he never created anything stunning from wood just for the pleasure of it. Old cars were his hobby and that took all his spare time, he did all his own repairs, including bodywork. Probably didn't save us much money as he kept buying more and more 🥴

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

I'm a little fuzzy as to exactly what a patternmaker is, am i right in thinking they make a complete replica of a metal item, but out of wood?

What happens then? is it used to make a mould?

On 1/11/2024 at 8:10 PM, Ozwoody said:

Has anyone else got a: -

I need a cruise story?

I'm sure we all do. So let me come up with mine:

It's my birthday tomorrow. (23rd)
Mum's just come out of hospital with serious sh*t that includes surgery.
Dad's over 80 and has the sort of fragile health you'd expect in someone that old.
My brother's only coherent 2 or 3 hours of the day.
Bestie has constant chronic illness.
My niece has twins and I haven't been able to see them yet.
And I busted something in my back day before yesterday and it still hurrrrrrrttttssss.

And my birthday present from my hubby won't come until the 26th.

I need a cruise.

• Like 2

My tool box is my work shop, I quietly built it up over the years under the guise of renovating the house.

In some cases I had to use devious means, for example, I really wanted a particular tool that could cut wood, metal, trim flat with the floor, and sand things, called a multi tool.

Their expensive so was wary of telling Hil I wanted it, so when she asked what she could do to help, I set her to sanding in tight spots around the windows, when she was finding it time consuming and difficult, I offered to get her a sanding tool to help her. (Yes I feel guilty, BUT I have my multi-sander!🤭).

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, JVes said:

I'm sure we all do. So let me come up with mine:

It's my birthday tomorrow. (23rd)
Mum's just come out of hospital with serious sh*t that includes surgery.
Dad's over 80 and has the sort of fragile health you'd expect in someone that old.
My brother's only coherent 2 or 3 hours of the day.
Bestie has constant chronic illness.
My niece has twins and I haven't been able to see them yet.
And I busted something in my back day before yesterday and it still hurrrrrrrttttssss.

And my birthday present from my hubby won't come until the 26th.

I need a cruise.

Wow, I think you do.