LIVE 💎 Jewel 💎 of the Seas - Southern Caribbean 1/20/24

2 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Banks and Blue are high on the caribbean beer list

I haven't found much to impress by way of Caribbean beers, though Ironshore Bock on Cayman made a fair showing. I am looking forward to trying the Dutch Blonde in Sint Maarten, and sitting in the Dutch Blonde Beach Bar & Restaurant on the boardwalk in Philipsburg.

26 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Cheers 🍻 

I had the blue in Barbados too.  I like it more than the light Carib.  Probably b/c it has more alcohol 😆 

image.gif.f33a2e6d45d1a650bbe5020ec3a79046.gif

Agree! We will be in Barbados next month so will try and get my hands on some.

Cheers! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, countess5 said:

Agree! We will be in Barbados next month so will try and get my hands on some.

Cheers! 

Wires got crossed … that was yesterday in Trinidad on the Blue beer.  Still check Barbados too but they seemed to push Banks over everything 

1 minute ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Since we’re talking about alcohol, I got a chuckle out of this “liquor license”  sign.  Anyone who knows sorta - calligraphy can sell liquor in Tobago.  LOL  

IMG_2049.thumb.jpeg.fabea3c0168d46fa1cf9ad72626f8852.jpeg

I love they spelled license/licence twice and it was spelled different.

• Haha 1

Based on your experience at Trinidad & Tobago, would you recommend that people seek out a cruise going there or go if those islands just happen to be on the ship and itinerary that one booked?

50 minutes ago, broberts said:

Correct usage.

Screenshot_20240124_153324_Chrome.jpg.4ff8fb0d65061b8028bae0e0c6bf881c.jpg

Screenshot_20240124_153432_Chrome.jpg.f321f618fcfaedfd81ba70c76b9bc5fa.jpg

Yes, and I will add that "licence" (the noun), as opposed to "license" (the verb) is also correct usage (UK English), which makes sense given the island's past connection to the UK.

Not sure which version you use in Canada @broberts?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Based on your experience at Trinidad & Tobago, would you recommend that people seek out a cruise going there or go if those islands just happen to be on the ship and itinerary that one booked?

Great question, I fall in the middle somewhere.  I wouldn’t seek out a cruise with these 2 ports but I would NOT shy away from them either.  If the other ports are to your liking and or both of T&T are on it then go for it.  

• Like 3

Hmmm...Banks beer...Barbados.   Favorite "hole in the wall" little restaurant just down from the cruise terminal.  Best fish sandwiches ever!   One of the ports we visited before we headed to Central America on WC.  

20231220_104735.jpg

• Like 3

Moving on to tomorrow, St. Lucia, We have the West Coast Catamaran Cruise excursion.  It’s an early morning meeting time of 7:30am. 😳  

Probably should cut tonight a bit short so that wake up isn’t so painful.  We shall see how that goes.

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Doesn't look like there is much going on right in the port area.

7 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Nope 👎🏻 

I didn't lie when I said this at the beginning of the review 😉

Both Trinidad and Tobago are both excursion days away from the port/city. They are both likely not places you will walk off the boat and simply stroll around. However, I feel since these are both rare destination ports for RCI, anyone getting here should get out and see the island.

SteelCity, since quite a few people following you here are looking for Trinidad/Tobago info, would you mind if I add a post with excursion pics/description of my own? I don't want to hijack your thread.

32 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Moving on to tomorrow, St. Lucia, We have the West Coast Catamaran Cruise excursion.  

I did this excursion. Their rum punch is deadly!! By the time you get your vouchers tomorrow night in the lounge, your words might be slurring on this review lol! And do you like Soca music? If the boys running the catamaran start playing Carib music, there could be some dancing & singing going on.  Have an awesome day! 👍

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 3