LIVE!!! ICON OF THE SEAS INAUGURAL

One more observation.

There is a lot less pace devoted to retail stores on this ship and more space for venues and bars.

The watch stores are gone and are now basically display cases on the sides of one of the halls manned by one person.

• Like 15

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

One more observation.

There is a lot less pace devoted to retail stores on this ship and more space for venues and bars.

The watch stores are gone and are now basically display cases on the sides of one of the halls manned by one person.

I would think this was a smart one.  On a ship this size, they need more venues to spread the guests out and they'll probably generate more revenue selling drinks in those areas then they would on retail. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

I would think this was a smart one.  On a ship this size, they need more venues to spread the guests out and they'll probably generate more revenue selling drinks in those areas then they would on retail. 

The passenger count for the most part will not be that much different that the other Oasis class ships.  There are actually a few hundred less rooms on this ship than Wonder.  What is different is the number of rooms that hold 3 and 4 guests and other than holidays and summer will not all be maxed out.  Even then I highly doubt that you will see the ship at max occupancy.  While 4 in a room may work for small kids it is less than ideal for teenagers or adults

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

One more observation.

Ken after a couple of days now for to get an overview, where would you recommend I go during the day that is climate controlled, comfortable seating and has views of the ocean? Des and I love to play cards but neither of us want to be in the sun. Thanks for any suggestions. 

On 1/25/2024 at 7:45 AM, schooner_Drinker said:

We use ear plugs and also have a white noise machine 👍🏻

Unfortunately still can hear the magnetic bathroom doors clunking 

if only for that the cabin would be perfect 

We leave ours open, but appreciate not everyone will 

The ones on Ascent have a very nice night light under sink so no need to have door closed .

1st world problems we know 😎

Nancy 😵‍💫

Our cabin steward set up our bathroom door with a towel. No banging. 🙂 

Stop the bang.jpg

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The passenger count for the most part will not be that much different that the other Oasis class ships.  There are actually a few hundred less rooms on this ship than Wonder.  What is different is the number of rooms that hold 3 and 4 guests and other than holidays and summer will not all be maxed out.  Even then I highly doubt that you will see the ship at max occupancy.  While 4 in a room may work for small kids it is less than ideal for teenagers or adults

Well as a TA you definitely know more than me. We have three adults to a room. 🙂  If people really want to sail on Icon, girls trips may become more of thing just to be able to afford it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Ken after a couple of days now for to get an overview, where would you recommend I go during the day that is climate controlled, comfortable seating and has views of the ocean? Des and I love to play cards but neither of us want to be in the sun. Thanks for any suggestions. 

The Pearl cafe

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

I have watched a few ship tours on youtube and there are pretty much towel stations at every pool. 

yep, pretty much at every pool.  hopefully they will be staffed unlike on other ships where only one seems to be open

27 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

I am curious, is anyone else having trouble with the RCCL App regarding doing your health status questions. I am within the 24 hour window and it says" an email will be sent to you at 12 noon." Well that's fiction.

They asked us anyway at the pier even though we had already done them, added about 5 extra seconds to the check in process.

On the road again
Just can't wait to get on a ship again
The life I love is makin' cruising with my friends
And I can't wait to get on a ship again.

Leaving Huntsville and headed to Nashville to fly out of BNA at 6:35. Direct flight ✈️ .

20240126_134611.thumb.jpg.a4cf7bf1d17c2743084226066d7d96d9.jpg

Lord willing and the flight goes well, see ya soon Miami!

• Like 18

Don't forget to purchase your ICON Goblet!

Only $100K and free drinks for life...

Got some care packages on the way from some staff friends on board. Be sure to watch for those gold ducks. There are more than 1,000 kids on this sailing so competition will be tough 🙂 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, toddcruise01 said:

Could you just push the chair button and tell me what it does????? Pretty Please?

chair.jpg

Why would I do that when I do not need that feature.  I am not about to start playing with buttons thst were not meant for me to use.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bead Pirate said:

Be sure to watch for those gold ducks. There are more than 1,000 kids on this sailing so competition will be tough 🙂 

When we were on Symphony last month, Royal was selling ducks for $3.   I guess that was for those parents that had kids unable to find one.  They could just buy and hide it where they could find it.  

Wonder if this is going to be a new item on all the ships

• Haha 2