LIVE!!! ICON OF THE SEAS INAUGURAL

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Biggest is not best per se. I am not sure how many frequent travellers would agree that those are the best ships in the World….

Sorry and I didn’t intend to imply that everyone should like this ship or any bigger ship.

I’m asking solely for MYSELF who’s following this review because I personally do like bigger ships, and specifically Oasis is my favorite ship I ever sailed. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Our flight was delayed by about 40 minutes today but we are here.  Low 70's in Miami but it is most certainly a lot better than dealing with the -10 but feels like -20 back home.  

Since Vikki could not take time off (downside to being a teacher), I brought along my sister for the 3 day preview sailing and then my son will join me for the inaugural.

Our flight wasn't getting in until late afternoon so I booked a new hotel by the Airport.  Tru by Hilton.  Clean and comfortable with a bar on deck 10 (more time on ships than in hotels foes that to you) great views of the airport.

Went to a Cuban restaurant that was a $15 Uber away called Versailles.  Will be taking Toby there on Fridsy between cruises.  Excellent food and very reasonable prices.  

I stayed at the Radison Red last week since we had a late flight in and up early.  Very hip hotel but new, clean and didnt have the Florida hotel room smell.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like there will be 4500 on thec3 dsy sailing and only 5500 on the inaugural.  I'm very happy with those numbers. 

Can you find out the magic number of Pinnacles onboard for the Inaugural? We have a few bets going.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

Do you have 2 infinity balcony's? If not we are on the 14th deck with the traditional balcony and will check. All the casita's are sold out as of this time but you could check each day to see if there is a cancellation.

Thank you for your response and time to check.

We are on deck 8, the description says Connecting Ocean View Balcony, 8692/8694. First time on RC so I am not familiar with the term infinity.

I bought into the hype and I do have a casita booked but not sure if it is worth the $$$.

So if real person advice is negative then I have time to cancel.

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like there will be 4500 on thec3 dsy sailing and only 5500 on the inaugural.  I'm very happy with those numbers. 

With all the hype I'm very surprised that she would not be packed tight , or above double occupancy at the very least .

Have a great 10 days !

Cheers

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, westcoastBC said:

Thank you for your response and time to check.

We are on deck 8, the description says Connecting Ocean View Balcony, 8692/8694. First time on RC so I am not familiar with the term infinity.

I bought into the hype and I do have a casita booked but not sure if it is worth the $$$.

So if real person advice is negative then I have time to cancel.

You do not have an infinity balcony!!! These are cabins that includes the balcony within. So no those will not open. You do however have connecting cabins and if RC keeps the same set up then you should have adjoining balcony's (if they haven't changed the set up).

As far as Casitas are concerned paying 800.00 (sea days) or 350.00 dollars (port days) is strictly a personal matter. I wish I could say  there is a better option. Maybe @Ourusualbeach can look into that when he boards today.

Hope this helps. By the way I could give you some history of RC ships if you like?

21 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

With all the hype I'm very surprised that she would not be packed tight , or above double occupancy at the very least .

Have a great 10 days !

Cheers

Planned gradually increase in capacity to make sure things run smooth.  Kudos to Royal for doing this. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Our flight was delayed by about 40 minutes today but we are here.  Low 70's in Miami but it is most certainly a lot better than dealing with the -10 but feels like -20 back home.  

Since Vikki could not take time off (downside to being a teacher), I brought along my sister for the 3 day preview sailing and then my son will join me for the inaugural.

Our flight wasn't getting in until late afternoon so I booked a new hotel by the Airport.  Tru by Hilton.  Clean and comfortable with a bar on deck 10 (more time on ships than in hotels foes that to you) great views of the airport.

Went to a Cuban restaurant that was a $15 Uber away called Versailles.  Will be taking Toby there on Fridsy between cruises.  Excellent food and very reasonable prices.  

Versailles is a very well known Cuban restaurant that’s been around for over 50 years. Lots of celebrities and other famous people have been there.

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m very happy to hear it won’t be completely packed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Planned gradually increase in capacity to make sure things run smooth.  Kudos to Royal for doing this. 

Ken...please, a couple of pictures of the walking/running track. Is there even one like the Oasis class?

Pictures of daily gifts if you get them. (Nice commemorative gifts were delivered in our cabin during the Allure inaugural.)

Is it Top 30 Pinns to access CK and Suite deck? Thanks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Is it Top 30 Pinns to access CK and Suite deck? Thanks!

I just got my Pinnacle email and it says as a benefit access to Crown Lounge, so my guess only top 30 for at least CK.

• Like 2

Oh wow. Yeah , I woulda thought they would fill out the storage closets if they could get away with it , good to hear 

• Haha 1

• Like 3

Pretty sure I have a new favorite ship.  Absolutely stunning.  I really feel like they did a great job in designing Surfsideand the Waterpark  to keep the kids separated from the rest.

Complimentary food options in Aquadome and at the Pearl are great.

Off to tour staterooms. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s the one aspect of Icon that truly appeals to me, lol.

I’m late to the party since (blasphemy I know) I’m not really interested in Icon but enjoy your cruises!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Pretty sure I have a new favorite ship.  Absolutely stunning.  I really feel like they did a great job in designing Surfsideand the Waterpark  to keep the kids separated from the rest.

Off to tour staterooms. 

Got here just in time!  @Ourusualbeach

Icon has never been on my wish list….maybe you’ll change my mind!

• Like 2

Off to tour staterooms. 

What does your sister think 🤔 of the Icon so far?

See if you can find a good sail away spot.  One where we can easily get some Peach Daiquiri.   😆 

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

What does your sister think 🤔 of the Icon so far?

See if you can find a good sail away spot.  One where we can easily get some Peach Daiquiri.   😆 

Blown away.  Her only other cruise was Allure.  Could be a good future client, she really liked the suites. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 5