Beer price increase to $11 for moist, so $1 (+20%tip) surcharge over the Classic package (pic)

fstuff1

With due respect you are showing the Beer Menu for the upscale beer selections.   There are still quit a number of beers available at the Classic Beverage Package  Bud, Bud Light, Dos Equis  Coors, Anstel Light, Heineken and Miller Light.  Most be what most would order at their home bar.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I would have no problem having a beer at those prices. I can  get Sam Adams Lager as well as quite a few others. Most of the ones that are premium, i wouldn't necessarily order at home.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

There are still quit a number of beers available at the Classic Beverage Package  Bud, Bud Light, Dos Equis  Coors, Anstel Light, Heineken and Miller Light.

I would not consider any of those to be beer.

Based on the menu shown, Newcastle on tap is the clear winner.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

With due respect you are showing the Beer Menu for the upscale beer selections.   There are still quit a number of beers available at the Classic Beverage Package  Bud, Bud Light, Dos Equis  Coors, Anstel Light, Heineken and Miller Light.  Most be what most would order at their home bar.

Sorry, Jim. Those aren't upscale beers. Most of them are pretty pedestrian. Yeah, you can get a college dorm suitcase beer in the classic package, but even cheap 12-pack beers are $11. And then there's insanity like Salvator for the same price as Blue Moon! I haven't bought a Coors since I graduated from college. And that was decades ago...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

My hubby wouldn’t drink these if they were the last options on Earth. 😜

I’ll keep saying it…as long as people pay these prices, they’ll keep pushing prices up and up.  Hubby doesn’t waste our money on a drink package, ( I don’t drink, so no package for us), but he won’t pay these prices either. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Exactly beers available on each level.  Have choices

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

i was nervous until I read the list.  We have the Classic bev  package and my husb  drinks Coors lite at home..nothing fancy.  He is also OK with the Scotch that is included although not his favorite.

Everyone has Choices

Edited by hcat
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, jwlane said:

Ya just gotta decide if you want your beer moist or not.

doh.. fat finger!
altho +$1 more for moist beer would be a great revenue generating hook for Celebrity 😛 

• Haha 1

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

There is a way to reply to a post without sounding snobbish or elitist. But then again this is Celebrity. If you’re not Elite level in a suite with a butler then you are looked down upon. I will be on Beyond in May . I’m an average “joe” booked an inside cabin and will be drinking Heineken, Coors, etc and enjoying them. Oh don’t worry I won’t be wearing shorts to the MDR’S. 

2 minutes ago, Cruisenewbie20181 said:

I’m an average “joe” booked an inside cabin and will be drinking Heineken, Coors, etc and enjoying them.

yes, my hubs drinks Heineken as well and we are booked in an inside cabin, but we are not paying $9+grats for it. Forget it. I thought even $7+grats was a lot for a bottle of Heineken....

We can wait till we get home to pay $14-18 for 6 bottles, with only 7% tax added to it.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

I would not consider any of those to be beer.

Based on the menu shown, Newcastle on tap is the clear winner.

Based on your post, I tried to get a new castle draft.

Nope.

Their menu is old.

New castle draft is now $11, making Heineken the only draft beer in the classic package range :mad:

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 9:09 PM, jennmaybe said:

My hubby wouldn’t drink these if they were the last options on Earth. 😜

I’ll keep saying it…as long as people pay these prices, they’ll keep pushing prices up and up.  Hubby doesn’t waste our money on a drink package, ( I don’t drink, so no package for us), but he won’t pay these prices either. 

I’ll bet he would if they actually were the last options on Earth.

• Haha 2

On 1/25/2024 at 5:21 PM, markeb said:

Sorry, Jim. Those aren't upscale beers. Most of them are pretty pedestrian. Yeah, you can get a college dorm suitcase beer in the classic package, but even cheap 12-pack beers are $11. And then there's insanity like Salvator for the same price as Blue Moon! I haven't bought a Coors since I graduated from college. And that was decades ago...

Not arguing -  especially since I am unable to drink Alcohol and haven't had  a beer since in College where we would pay a premium for Coors --  LOL -  I was on the East Coast. 

I just posted the list as to what beers are normally available on Celebrity fleet.     The Craft Social only on  S-Class ships that offer the array of beers on the menu you posted.    If you are disappointed with the pedestrian beers you may be disappointed with the offering on the other class ships.   I could be totally wrong as a non-drinker I really haven't researched the beer offering.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mark_K said:

I’ll bet he would if they actually were the last options on Earth.

I just drink water in those cases. Pretty much the same.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not arguing -  especially since I am unable to drink Alcohol and haven't had  a beer since in College where we would pay a premium for Coors --  LOL -  I was on the East Coast. 

I just posted the list as to what beers are normally available on Celebrity fleet.     The Craft Social only on  S-Class ships that offer the array of beers on the menu you posted.    If you are disappointed with the pedestrian beers you may be disappointed with the offering on the other class ships.   I could be totally wrong as a non-drinker I really haven't researched the beer offering.

Wasn't me posting the list!

The $11 beers generally aren't anything special, and hardly worth an upcharge. The $15 beers are generally pretty good and as you say there are better offerings in Craft Social when it's available. Beer has never been a strong suite of RCG. We sailed Royal a couple of times from England and even though they had a bar with a pub style counter, the only English beers I remember were Newcastle and maybe Old Speckled Hen. In cans.

We've been on the premium package so I've usually had a couple of the better IPAs. And I usually do water and soda at the pool anyway.

In the mid 70's we lived in Manhattan & would drive to New Jersey to buy Coors! At the time it was not sold in NYC & in New Jersey it was only sold refrigerated because it was so special. It was treated better than French champagne! 🤣

5 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

In the mid 70's we lived in Manhattan & would drive to New Jersey to buy Coors! At the time it was not sold in NYC & in New Jersey it was only sold refrigerated because it was so special. It was treated better than French champagne! 🤣

The entire actual plot of Smokey and the Bandit...