The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday January 29th, 2024

kazu

18 minutes ago, superoma said:

@JazzyVif you can find a tour to Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré it is well worth it. The cathedral is very interesting. We did a driving tour of Ile d’orleons which we enjoyed but we were there in the fall, after Labour Day so less traffic. I hope you do get a chance to see some of Quebec City. It is wonderfully European like @kazusays

I second the recommendation.  We did this tour a few years ago and the guide was fantastic and she seemed really interested what we saw.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Daily-ites-

Oh, my goodness, HOW DID YOU KNOW? 

I just now started reading The Fleet Report and Daily to find so many birthday wishes! I haven't even gotten to the second or third or how many pages there are to acknowledge you all.

You have brought tears to my eyes as DH hasn't remembered and likely won't.  (Just one of the curses of dementia...) And, my only living sibling seems to have forgotten, too. (Odd, as he usually remembers...)

I truly don't know how you knew, but Thank You each and everyone! 

And, after I fix our dinner I promise to catch up with the whole thread.

With tears and full of joy,

(But still puzzled how you knew...)

-Melisa

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good afternoon from San Diego!  We arrived about noon and have already checked into our hotel. Now we are having a drink in Little Italy and then going to lunch. It’s a beautiful day!

YAY 🙂. Enjoy your time in San Diego and your cruise 🙂 

33 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa

Vanessa @JazzyV keeps impeccable records.  She’s amazing 🙂 

• Like 16

@grapau27 Thank you for the well wishes.

@JazzyV Vanessa, no sitting around today!  We walked down to Seaport Village and found a great store where we bought new outfits. Over 10,000 steps by the time we got back and my back and neck felt every one of them.  A nice libation at lunch helped with that.  
@Cruzin Terri Have a great cruise!

Thanks to our substitutes!  You are both doing a wonderful job!

I did get my pool time in and that helps the aches and pains greatly.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, dfish said:

@grapau27 Thank you for the well wishes.

@JazzyV Vanessa, no sitting around today!  We walked down to Seaport Village and found a great store where we bought new outfits. Over 10,000 steps by the time we got back and my back and neck felt every one of them.  A nice libation at lunch helped with that.  
@Cruzin Terri Have a great cruise!

Thanks to our substitutes!  You are both doing a wonderful job!

I did get my pool time in and that helps the aches and pains greatly.  

Thank you Debbie, I wish you a great cruise as well.  Enjoy!

Terri

• Like 14

Well, we made it to Miami uneventfully.  The flight was good.  We were aware that the train that runs along Concourse D in the American Airlines terminal is not in service.  So I made sure that we ordered wheelchair service for both of us.  That was the smartest move I made all day.  We had two great guys helping us.  They helped us with luggage, got us to the UBER driver and we were all set.  

The UBER driver was great.  Juan spoke little English but I spoke to him in Spanish and we were all set.  

At the hotel we were upgraded to  a Vice Presidential Suite.  Beautiful Room with a great view of the Miami Port.

DH is doing better now that we are set for the next two days.

Prayers for all that need them, cheers for those celebrating and cruising.

Hope all had a great day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Checking in tonight to say I've read every post today and appreciate all the comments and photos.  I've had a tough time with my left shoulder for some reason since I woke up today.  It's been a bit of a problem for a year or more but only about a 3 on a 1-10 scale in pain.  Today was a good 8.5.  No idea what I did to cause it to flare like this.  As Jacqui @kazu and Vanessa @JazzyV know, pain really can put a damper on the day and prevent you from getting anything done.  I hope not using the left arm can help it to ease up and let me be my usual self.  Have a good night everyone.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

22 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Checking in tonight to say I've read every post today and appreciate all the comments and photos.  I've had a tough time with my left shoulder for some reason since I woke up today.  It's been a bit of a problem for a year or more but only about a 3 on a 1-10 scale in pain.  Today was a good 8.5.  No idea what I did to cause it to flare like this.  As Jacqui @kazu and Vanessa @JazzyV know, pain really can put a damper on the day and prevent you from getting anything done.  I hope not using the left arm can help it to ease up and let me be my usual self.  Have a good night everyone.

Ouch on the 8.5 - I hope that your shoulder is feeling much better in the morning.  Any Salonpas in the house or even a muscle relaxant?  they might help and can’t hurt.

33 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well, we made it to Miami uneventfully.  The flight was good.  We were aware that the train that runs along Concourse D in the American Airlines terminal is not in service.  So I made sure that we ordered wheelchair service for both of us.  That was the smartest move I made all day.  We had two great guys helping us.  They helped us with luggage, got us to the UBER driver and we were all set.  

The UBER driver was great.  Juan spoke little English but I spoke to him in Spanish and we were all set.  

At the hotel we were upgraded to  a Vice Presidential Suite.  Beautiful Room with a great view of the Miami Port.

God Bless,

Terri

So glad to hear you have arrived Terri and thinks went so well.  

Nice on the upgrade - very nice 🙂. enjoy that beautiful room, view and relax 🙂

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.   The two big suitcases are in the car, and only the carry-ons will need to be put in the car in the morning.  Everything else is ready for us to lock the doors in the morning and head to San Diego.  On the missing mail front, it is still in Phoenix, but I turned in the form to hold our mail until the Monday after we get home.

Now, I just need to wrap up a  couple of things and fix supper.  We had a nice warm afternoon with a high of 74F and a nice breeze to keep things pleasant.  This is the first evening we've had the house opened up.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you have an amazing cruise on Koninsdam Lenda.

A new series of Below deck from Airlie beach Australia has just started on UK TV.

Thank you, Graham.  How could we not have a good cruise since we'll be on a ship and sailing with other Dailyites.

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good afternoon from San Diego!  We arrived about noon and have already checked into our hotel. Now we are having a drink in Little Italy and then going to lunch. It’s a beautiful day!

F9D3CA09-611E-4246-84F6-A8D4B22A6F42.thumb.jpeg.02da00610358438d134f288b7d99f98c.jpeg

Tomorrow the Koningsdam!

I haven’t read the Daily yet so I hope all is well. 

Have a great day!

Sharon, I'm glad you are settled in your hotel.  See you tomorrow.

56 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm happy you are settled in for a couple of days, and that your DH is doing better.  Congratulations on the  upgrade.  Since I probably won't be posting in the morning, I hope  you  have a wonderful and relaxing cruise.

images(1).jpg.5ea7126a831458bd8c0d3605184990eb.jpg

45 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, I'm sorry your shoulder is hurting so badly.  We've found Aspercreme works well too.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good evening.   The two big suitcases are in the car, and only the carry-ons will need to be put in the car in the morning.  Everything else is ready for us to lock the doors in the morning and head to San Diego.  On the missing mail front, it is still in Phoenix, but I turned in the form to hold our mail until the Monday after we get home.

YIPPEE - you’re nearly ready to go.  👍 

Very safe and smooth travels to you tomorrow.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sorry to read the pain has increased so badly Sandy. 😢  You are in our thoughts for pain relief.  

Edited by seagarsmoker
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

Daily-ites-

Oh, my goodness, HOW DID YOU KNOW? 

I just now started reading The Fleet Report and Daily to find so many birthday wishes! I haven't even gotten to the second or third or how many pages there are to acknowledge you all.

You have brought tears to my eyes as DH hasn't remembered and likely won't.  (Just one of the curses of dementia...) And, my only living sibling seems to have forgotten, too. (Odd, as he usually remembers...)

I truly don't know how you knew, but Thank You each and everyone! 

And, after I fix our dinner I promise to catch up with the whole thread.

With tears and full of joy,

-Melisa

Melisa

@JazzyV  Vanessa is psychic. ❤️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi

First, my sympathies. 

Second - What roll does your left arm play in your cross stitching? Do you rest on it a great deal? Is it positioned one way for a great length of time?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@HAL Sailer Happy Birthday! I have a story that I hope will give you a smile. My DD DH also had the memory loss and my last birthday (and our wedding anniversary the same day) was spent in the hospital as he was recovering from sepsis. I go in that morning and walk in to him telling me "Happy Anniversary!" and "Happy Birthday". I grinned, hugged him and wished him a Happy Anniversary as the nurse was watching. I asked him how long we'd been married and he told me 46 years (which was right) and then I asked him how old I was. He got a puzzled look, thought for a minute and then said "umpteen". I just grinned and grinned even more when the nurse went by and said "we didn't practice that". It was our last anniversary/birthday and the memory still brings a smile to my face. Enjoy your day!! 

Karen

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

@HAL Sailer Happy Birthday! I have a story that I hope will give you a smile. My DD DH also had the memory loss and my last birthday (and our wedding anniversary the same day) was spent in the hospital as he was recovering from sepsis. I go in that morning and walk in to him telling me "Happy Anniversary!" and "Happy Birthday". I grinned, hugged him and wished him a Happy Anniversary as the nurse was watching. I asked him how long we'd been married and he told me 46 years (which was right) and then I asked him how old I was. He got a puzzled look, thought for a minute and then said "umpteen". I just grinned and grinned even more when the nurse went by and said "we didn't practice that". It was our last anniversary/birthday and the memory still brings a smile to my face. Enjoy your day!! 

Karen

Karen, what a precious memory a very thoughtful nurse helped your DH give you.

Lenda

• Like 9

@JazzyV Thank you for starting out the multitude of birthday greetings I received today! (I'm still unsure how you knew. Maybe you are psychic?)

Thanks, also to:

@ottahand7

@kazu

@puppycanducruise

@StLouisCruisers

@rafinmd

@Crazy For Cats

@cat shepard

@smitty34877

@Denise T@grapau27@RMLincoln

@Seasick Sailor

@dfish

@marshhawk

@Quartzsite Cruiser

@erewhon

@Haljo1935

@luvteaching

@Cruzin Terri 

(And anyone else I inadvertently missed...)

Your 🎂messages🎂 wrapped me in your care as I struggled with the first year my beloved DH's memory forgot.

As @luvteaching conveyed (in post #93), it's hard to predict what will be remembered and what won't.

Today he didn't; tomorrow he might.

But, because of you, my day was very special! Very special indeed!

💗Thanks,💗

-Melisa 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

He got a puzzled look, thought for a minute and then said "umpteen". I just grinned...

Oh, yes, like you I know that feeling and those needed grins.

My DH, when asked my first name, now often ignores the asker's request and responds, "I prefer to call her Mrs (surname)."  I grin and, when given the opportunity, I whisper "Melisa."

Dealing with dementia is a learning curve and it gives me opportunities to learn daily,

-M.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sorry to hear about your shoulder pain Sandi.

Hopefully rest and painkillers will make your shoulder better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1