12 points to get to Diamond

Book the JS if you are good with the price.  I feel the Diamond benefit is worth the chase based on how close you are.  I have my own chase on now for D+.  It involves a JS for a 9 night Greek Isles later this year.  Then a 7 and 4 day in 2025.  After that, the points won't matter unless the program gets revamped.  Your math is correct.  If you book the 7 night in a JS, you get the points you need.  It is a meaningful tier to achieve.

15 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

I don't know why this has to be repeated... The easiest way to any loyalty status is to become the partner of a person that already has that status.

Available Pinnacle seeks single female. 🤣

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

And for me the biggest benefit is still the wifi.

That seems to be the most useless benefit to me since I want to be connected the whole cruise & it's overall cheaper to get the wifi package pre-cruise.

3 minutes ago, GimmeOcean said:

That seems to be the most useless benefit to me since I want to be connected the whole cruise & it's overall cheaper to get the wifi package pre-cruise.

He said he was wanting to be Pinnacle so that he could have it for free for the duration of the cruise.

Just now, cruiseguy1016 said:

He said he was wanting to be Pinnacle so that he could have it for free for the duration of the cruise.

Yes, but prior to that it's not much of a benefit (YMMV, of course - some people may only want/need a day or two).

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

I don't know why this has to be repeated... The easiest way to any loyalty status is to become the partner of a person that already has that status.

Lol except for pinnacle right? I cant marry my way to pinnacle or am I wrong. D+ so I think I'm stuck doing it the old fashioned way. 

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol except for pinnacle right? I cant marry my way to pinnacle or am I wrong. D+ so I think I'm stuck doing it the old fashioned way. 

Pinnacle relationships work for a spouse, not for dependent children.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

We'll probably end up getting Pinnacle status on the same cruise. So, It wouldn't do any good to "off" the wife prior to that date.

• Haha 2

This is actually the week-plus in 2015 that resulted from "16 points away from Diamond, are there any 8-nighters?"  There were!!

T/A called the week before asking if we were interested in paying $150 to upgrade from a GS or OS.  I actually asked "total, or per person?"

Independence out of Port Lauderdale.  Back when KLM was still flying the 747 to Snt Maarten.  Good times. 

747 R.JPG

Edited by MichaelCMTX

13 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

It’s really not that easy if you are currently married. Getting divorced and then searching for someone you actually like, who also has established status on RCI, would be difficult in my opinion. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

It’s really not that easy if you are currently married. Getting divorced and then searching for someone you actually like, who also has established status on RCI, would be difficult in my opinion. 

At least you know the next person loves to cruise.  

10 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Noone said that was a pre-requisite  😏

Cheers

• Like 1

I was in the same situation. I needed 6 points to reach Diamond.  DH is a skier and was given a bucket list opportunity to ski out went in March. Since I have a lot more points than him, (when we met, he had never cruised and I was platinum at that point), we decided I'd make the supreme sacrifice and do a solo cruise for 3 days to get the points we needed.🤣 

Now we're both diamond and getting ready to book our first trip with the status. 

It took me a long time to reach diamond. Work and life and the cost of cruising always seemed to get in the way. But I knew it would happen eventually. If you have to wait a few more months before you reach diamond, so be it, it will make it all the sweeter when you finally do.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1