Advertised promo not as booked

roomba920

Hi everyone. I just had a terrible time booking a cruise directly online at the Princess website.

They're currently advertising a promo for 2 days (Feb. 4-6) for a 10 night Mediterranean cruise for April 2025.

Inside cabin is listed as $898 with $100 deposit. However when I booked the cruise, the system required an $800 deposit.

I called their customer service for a correction and just got the run around. One agent stated the deposits are more for cruises 10 days

and longer (no disclose about that on their site). Another agent said she could give me the $100 deposit promo, but only if the cruise price

increased to $998 (again, no disclosure pertaining to that on their site). I ended up cancelling the booking out of frustration. What has happened to their customer service?

image.thumb.png.19e4902f7a8795ff26191afc58f7e268.png

Edited by roomba920
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, roomba920 said:

Hi everyone. I just had a terrible time booking a cruise directly online at the Princess website.

They're currently advertising a promo for 2 days (Feb. 4-6) for a 10 night Mediterranean cruise for April 2025.

Inside cabin is listed as $898 with $100 deposit. However when I booked the cruise, the system required an $800 deposit.

I called their customer service for a correction and just got the run around. One agent stated the deposits are more for cruises 10 days

and longer (no disclose about that on their site). Another agent said she could give me the $100 deposit promo, but only if the cruise price

increased to $998 (again, no disclosure pertaining to that on their site). I ended up cancelling the booking out of frustration. What has happened to their customer service?

I remember this happening in early December with the $100 deposits on the first day of the promotion. Keep checking because it eventually corrected the deposit amount, I know because I was finally able to book the cruise I was looking at.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roomba920 said:

Thank you. I thought I was going crazy.

We all thought we were then also. It's a hassle to keep checking, I know but today is the first day of that promotion so keep trying.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, roomba920 said:

Interesting.  I just checked and they show it $997.  Were they right in the middle of updating the fare?

image.thumb.png.5cffced134801701d85ae8334fdcbc67.png

14 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

We all thought we were then also. It's a hassle to keep checking, I know but today is the first day of that promotion so keep trying.

They’re playing around with the fares too.

Refundable deposit is $1010

Non Refundable deposit is $997

Website is always wacky on the weekend.  

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

I’ve had this numerous times trying to book the Signature category for SUN & Star. As soon as the deposit doubles - I don’t book.  I will be on a ship in 2 weeks and ask Future cruise person. I’d rather use a FCD then pay $500+ deposit 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

I'm mainly frustrated with their customer service reps. They're clueless. If they don't have an answer for you, they either hang up, put you on hold and disconnect, or out right lie to you.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

This is why it's good to have multiple FCD's.

Do you know anyone currently onboard to get one for you?

Sorry, I don't know what a FCD is? Can you explain?

Update: I see now...future cruise deposit. No I don't, but how would that affect the deposit requested?

Edited by roomba920

9 minutes ago, roomba920 said:

Sorry, I don't know what a FCD is? Can you explain?

Update: I see now...future cruise deposit. No I don't, but how would that affect the deposit requested?

You spend $100 to obtain a Future Cruise Deposit, then use it as a deposit on a cruise. 

You've only spent $100, not $800, or whatever amount it's requesting. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, roomba920 said:

On top of this, NO ONE answers on chat on the website. I wait for half an hour to be next in line and then NO agent ever shows up to assist. Frustrating!

I’ve said many times- what works for me is to phone right as soon as they open ( see website) on a week day morning.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roomba920 said:

On top of this, NO ONE answers on chat on the website. I wait for half an hour to be next in line and then NO agent ever shows up to assist. Frustrating!

Check the booking again tomorrow, I’m sure they are aware & working on the deposit glitch. I have not had much luck with the chat option so if need be just call the customer service line. Good luck!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, roomba920 said:

You should get a Princess vacation planner. Mine is awesome and does all this for me. Whenever I have questions or wanting to book anything I email or call him and he takes care of everything. They work for Princess. They are not all perfect but mine is awsome and I know there are a lot of good ones.

😊

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, traceytd said:

You should get a Princess vacation planner. Mine is awesome and does all this for me. Whenever I have questions or wanting to book anything I email or call him and he takes care of everything. They work for Princess. They are not all perfect but mine is awsome and I know there are a lot of good ones.

😊

Same for us

3 hours ago, traceytd said:

😊

Mine is also she even fixes things that other departments screw up

• Like 2

I took your advice and contacted a PVP. He verified that the deposit on this cruise is $800 for 2, and that if I wanted the $100 pp deposit, the price would increase $98 pp. He said the explanation and promo code are listed on Princess (somewhere 😏). I still say it's false advertising. A disclosure during booking could have saved me a lot of confusion. There's no excuse for a customer to have to scroll through every page on the website to find some obscure hidden disclosure, or spend a day calling the 800 number for help. It should be listed in plain site.

He was so nice though, that I couldn't argue the point. It still doesn't sit well with me.

Edited by roomba920
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2024 at 6:25 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Interesting.  I just checked and they show it $997.  Were they right in the middle of updating the fare?

image.thumb.png.5cffced134801701d85ae8334fdcbc67.png

They’re playing around with the fares too.

Refundable deposit is $1010

Non Refundable deposit is $997

Website is always wacky on the weekend.  

Not sure where you got that screen shot. It still reads $998 on my end.

1 hour ago, roomba920 said:

I took your advice and contacted a PVP. He verified that the deposit on this cruise is $800 for 2, and that if I wanted the $100 pp deposit, the price would increase $98 pp. He said the explanation and promo code are listed on Princess (somewhere 😏). I still say it's false advertising. A disclosure during booking could have saved me a lot of confusion. There's no excuse for a customer to have to scroll through every page on the website to find some obscure hidden disclosure, or spend a day calling the 800 number for help. It should be listed in plain site.

He was so nice though, that I couldn't argue the point. It still doesn't sit well with me.

I tried booking on an online travel site and it came up with $100 US deposit pp.

Princess website is still showing me ridiculous deposits.

i suggest going with an independent Travel Agency.

i am waiting to book on-board in a couple of weeks with a FCD.

• Like 2