GET OFF SHIP ON ISLAND?

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

OP you will have to report your results so if someone else has the same question it can be answered.

Actually there are some sarcastic people on here, they don't deserve the answer but if anybody has the same question I know they will post and I will give them the info.  Its a shame, some people have to ruin it for everybody.

54 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Actually there are some sarcastic people on here, they don't deserve the answer but if anybody has the same question I know they will post and I will give them the info.  Its a shame, some people have to ruin it for everybody.

Or you could take the higher road and give everyone the response in spite of those others.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I got off my last cruise last week with luggage, gifts for my friends in Aruba.

I apologize if you already said and I missed it, but were you on a Carnival ship last week? And if so, did you happen to ask at guest services if it would be a problem for you to leave the ship in Aruba on a future cruise without any issues? Seems like that would have been your best course of action. If you were on Celebrity, do they not have a cruise that will work for your dates?

3 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I apologize if you already said and I missed it, but were you on a Carnival ship last week? And if so, did you happen to ask at guest services if it would be a problem for you to leave the ship in Aruba on a future cruise without any issues? Seems like that would have been your best course of action. If you were on Celebrity, do they not have a cruise that will work for your dates?

I been cruising Celebrity only since 2018, not Carnival.  That is correct, Celebrity does not have the dates we need.

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2024 at 10:43 AM, chengkp75 said:

It's not a fine, but I know that RCI charges a fee for downline disembarkation, since it does require more paperwork for passenger manifests, and the fact that the cruise for everyone else actually returning to the US is no longer on a closed loop cruise, since the manifest changed since leaving the US embarkation port.  Not sure if Carnival charges this fee.

While I can understand that a new manifest would be needed (and as I understand it CBP charges for processing the manifests, so that expense would absolutely be passed on to the passenger involved) I don't believe that it changes the closed loop nature of the cruise for the remainder of the passengers. There are undoubtedly some passengers onboard traveling with government issued ID and birth certificate and if the cruise was actually deemed to be non-closed loop then they would need to be disembarked at the next port, since every passenger needs to maintain the required travel documentation throughout the cruise and it is illegal for the cruise line to transport them without it. They also wouldn't have the required documents for any downstream port visits.

In any event, even if the authorities did somehow view the cruise as non-closed loop from that point on since those with birth cert/ID are not disembarked then some exception needs to be made to allow them to remain so from a practical viewpoint it would hardly matter how anyone views the cruise. (The same scenario would arise if someone missed the ship or left the ship due to emergency, so this isn't something that only happens when a passenger decides to leave the ship at a port as suggested by the OP.) 

While it does not change the closed loop status for what documentation is required, it does change it for what CBP may decide to do with regards to disembarkation interviews.  They may, at their discretion, go to the "starting at a foreign port" type of interview, requiring more time for each passenger.  I remember when NCL was interporting a cruise with embark/disembark ports in Miami and Roatan or Belize.  It caused the Miami to Miami disembarks to have a foreign voyage start interview, and there was a lot of delays and complaints about missed flights, partly because CBP didn't have enough agents there.  The interporting didn't last long.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

While it does not change the closed loop status for what documentation is required, it does change it for what CBP may decide to do with regards to disembarkation interviews.  They may, at their discretion, go to the "starting at a foreign port" type of interview, requiring more time for each passenger.  I remember when NCL was interporting a cruise with embark/disembark ports in Miami and Roatan or Belize.  It caused the Miami to Miami disembarks to have a foreign voyage start interview, and there was a lot of delays and complaints about missed flights, partly because CBP didn't have enough agents there.  The interporting didn't last long.

In that context it does make sense, thank you. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 9:20 AM, chengkp75 said:

OK that was going to be my question. What about people traveling with BC/ID's and not passports. Thanks for the info.