The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday February 9th, 2024

kazu

4 hours ago, cat shepard said:

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, praying that Morgan can work through this trauma. I take safety for granted. 

We take safety for granted too, Ann.  Imagine someone robbing you on your front porch with a gun in your face, and you having to live there after that.  I can't imagine it and I don't want to!

We talked to DD this morning before school started and told her we wanted to talk to Morgan about moving out of her apartment and finding a new place where she will feel safer.  Morgan says she's afraid to go home because she has to park in that garage and take that same stairwell to her floor.  She currently lives with several other girls and they split the rent and a small utilities amount every month, and she has a lease until sometime in July. We texted her to call us after we went to get groceries.  So during Morgan's lunch hour (working today at the Aquarium) she phoned us and we told her we want her to look for a new place away from campus and where she will feel safe.  We will pay her current rent for her share of the apartment and she can move out just as quick as she can find something better.  We said we don't ever want repayment, just ask that you try more therapy to help with all your anxiety.  She couldn't believe it.  We told her her safety is very important to every one of us and we all love her so much.  I hope she can find something soon.  And she needs to reassure her roommates she's not running out on her portion of the rent.  That's done!  Just get yourself out of there so you can begin to feel like your old self again is what we told her.  I hope she's feeling a bit lighter than when she went to work today.  🙏

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  There are a few people who bike to work in the winter in our city - we have a youngish mayor who, when he entered office a few years ago, removed a lot of parking spaces downtown and created bike lanes.  A couple of hardy citizens this year decided to sit out in lawn chairs in the cold and count the number of bikes using them in winter over the course of a week; their tally:  3.  That mayor has just announced he won't be running again - yay.  I like bagels without the lox; I prefer sweet stuff like chocolate chip bagels with peanut butter.  We haven't cut the cord, still have cable, but who knows what the future brings?

More snow overnight which is fine, because it means added moisture.  The streets were a mess yesterday, but the city did a great job of salting and sanding.  I did notice the huge clots of snow and muck that had accumulated under the car during the drive, and kicked them all off on the street before heading up our driveway - less mess to clean up for me and it will just melt in with all the rest on the street.  I expect our snow clearing fellow will arrive in about an hour's time to take care of what came down last night.  It's neat though, because looking outside this morning I can see that a bunny rabbit came across the front yard at some time during the night.

@1ANGELCATI am so sorry to hear of your friend's passing, especially so soon after her husband had.  May their souls be reunited in the stars.

Busy day today, getting DH over to the hospital where he'll undergo the TAVI assessment.  We had word yesterday that they wouldn't be able to do the CT scan, as they had a backlog of patients in house that would be taking up all the spots.  I don't know if they'll have another date for us when we get there today or not, we'll have to see.  At least he'll get the assessment portion done.

Didn't sleep well last night, hoping I wouldn't sleep in this morning, so I'm thinking maybe when we get back from the appointment that a nap will be in order.  I know I'd enjoy the drink of the day, and if someone poured me a glass of today's wine from their bottle, I'd gladly sip it slowly.  Will pass on the meal suggestion, because of course it's Friday night pizza night - yay for Pizza Day today!  After nap time we'll peruse the online menus to see what appeals to us to have delivered so we can enjoy it at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, in turmoil.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, good luck to DH at his assessment today and I hope he can get that scan soon.  Enjoy your Friday night pizza night!

2 hours ago, quilty964 said:

Good morning, and happy Friday!  It's 39F here with high of 50F.  Yesterday we broke a very old record, hit 59F!  Not bad for Wisconsin! Last evening we had severe thunder storms and a tornado hit about 1.5 hours away from us, lots of damage being found this am.  First time a tornado hit in Wisconsin in February, sad for those with damage.  It's very rural there and farms/barns were damaged.  

I think we're packed and ready to go on our voyage!  

The soup sounds good, haven't been to the port, but did read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.  Sure made you think about the horrors of war. 

@StLouisCruisersPrayers for you DGD, I can't imagine the fear that attack would cause...

@JazzyVPrayers that you get relief soon from your back pain.  Thanks for all of your updates to the caring list. 

Prayers and good thoughts for all who need them, and cheers to all celebrating and traveling!  

Thanks for the caring and sharing here, the pictures today are great!  K

Karen, thank you for your prayers.  

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry your DGD Morgan is being affected so badly by her trauma which must have been awful for her Sandi.

My prayers 🙏  her future therapy helps her.

Thank you so much Graham.

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It is already 44 and going up to the low fifties. I fear for those biking around here . It is hard enough to be a pedestrian.I like my slow cooker and it doesn’t mind being called a crack pot in this house. Bagels and lox are a favorite here. We cut the cable TV  part of the cord and saved a small fortune over the last few years.

We were in St Peter Port Guernsey on a British Isles cruise. It was a beautiful day  with bouncy tendering. I think I may have one picture that survived  my prior PC fail.

I slept last night and feel so much more human. Things are about the same for Tana. She started an antibiotic which of course has its own set of side effects. The fever did not return last night (hooray) and I have all fingers and toes crossed that this latest infection can improve.

The Beatles on Ed Sullivan! I still remember the excitement at the time. 
Have a good day today.

Terry I'm so glad you got more sleep last night and am glad Tana isn't worse, but would prefer to hear she's feeling a lot better.  She must be sick of all those antibiotics especially with the side effects.  No fever sounds good, too.

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites, 

Not much time this morning as I'm helping DH get ready for a doctor appt. 

Sandi I'm saying special prayers for you, your granddaughter, daughter, brother, and friends. These situations wear us down, so please take care of yourself. I hope your DGD seeks more help. Fear is just as physical as it is mental!

Continued prayers for all of our dear Daily-ites and family. Sending you love and blessings!

Thank you Joy for sending up prayers for everyone.  DD has her own set of problems with things going on at school.  Sometimes they have to deal with very difficult situations and it wears on the staff as they are trying their best to help their students.  I hope Allen has a good doctor visit today!

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Oh my!  So sorry to hear that Morgan is suffering so from that trauma.  😔. I hope she does delve deeper into therapy to help her cope 🤞 My prayers for her to get the help she needs and recover 🙏 

Thanks Jacqui.  We're certainly encouraging her to continue.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Excellent photos and descriptions Sandi.

We always go in August and tendered in No problem but other months I hear of lots of missed arrivals in to St Peter port.

Thanks Graham.  We always have a very positive experience there and love seeing it on the itinerary.

55 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good morning all,

@StLouisCruisers Praying for Morgan. She might want to look for a therapist who practices EMDR. It’s a very effective treatment for trauma and tends to have positive effects rather quickly. It’s used a lot in the child abuse community. 

35 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, I can personally vouch for EMDR therapy as @TiogaCruiser mentioned. It was extremely helpful after I had been in a situation similar to your DGD. There are a lot more people  doing it nowadays and it was pricey. Worth every penny as the anxiety and stress was hard to manage. Sending prayers and hugs to all of you. 

31 minutes ago, Denise T said:

@StLouisCruisers, as a licensed professional counselor, I agree with EMDR. It is a highly effective treatment option that uses brain science to reprocess the memories of the traumatic event. Let me know if she is interested and needs help locating a properly credentialled EMDR therapist in her area. 

Thanks so much for the suggestion for the EMDR therapy Laura, Terry and Denise.  I haven't heard of it but will speak with DD first to see if she'd like to suggest it.  We are wondering if Morgan has benefits that include therapy with her full time job at the Florida Aquarium (not the one in Clearwater) so she plans to talk to her about that.  DD wants to drive down to Tampa to see Morgan during spring break at her Ohio school where she teaches, and wondered if I would like to drive down with her.  I suggested we take DH along too!  He's retired!  But that is at the end of March, and we felt Morgan needed something positive to happen in her life before the end of March.  Thus the plan to help her move out.  I hope I have encouraging news on that front in the next two weeks.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, superoma said:

Interesting re AirPrint. I am running 17.2 on my iPad and was having problems printing, printer queue was full. I cleared the queue and  I started troubleshooting and did all kinds of fixes, updating printer software, etc, nothing worked. I unplugged the printer, let it rest for a bit, plugged it back in and it works now. So maybe it was an issue with ios17. 

I had an issue with one of my air printers too.  Turned it off for a while and it was fine again.  It might be the IOS update - not sure.  Sometimes I forget to turn it off (DD DH always did that and scolded me LOL) and they like to sleep a bit.  LOL

• Like 13

Good morning from Kailua-Kona where it is 71F.  The high this afternoon will be 78F.  Tendering this morning should not be too difficult with the wind about 7mph, but later this afternoon when we head back after our HIA tour might be different.  The wind this afternoon is supposed to be 12mph.

We'll not be biking to work today or any day since we're retired.  It's been a long time since I had lox and bagels.  We cut the phone cord in Quartzsite when we switched to Starlink for internet.

Sadly, the quote is true for many people.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and the very pricey wine.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers, thanks for posting my pictures of St. Peter Port.

Two interesting days in US and British history.  I"m still a big Beatles fan.

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's a little warmer today at 43F and we will experience a mostly cloudy day with a high of around 67.  We need to get some groceries and DH says he plans on pruning the crape myrtle tree since February is the best month to do that.  It grows back into a flowering tree by summer.  I woke up at 2:30 am and could not get back to sleep so may need to take a nap today after only 4 hours of sleep.  I was worrying about DGD Morgan who is still suffering from the trauma of being held up by a gun toting robber.  She is very afraid and breaks into tears easily.  Please keep her in your prayers. 🙏 My DD is also quite upset and worried about her daughter so far from home.  Morgan has only gone for therapy one time and we are all encouraging her to delve deeper into that.

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps.  If you have a mild climate you might want to bike to work in winter.  Bagels and lox are popular with some of us.  I don't plan on cutting the cord anytime soon.  I like the quote, and the slow cooker stew sounds delicious.  No thanks on the drink or wine.  Interesting fact about Massachusetts, and I truly do remember the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show.  So exciting to a nearly 14 year old girl!  Thanks to our F&B Dept. reporters Eva @superoma, Paul @kochleffel and Ann @cat shepard.

Heartfelt prayers said this morning for DGD Morgan, DB, my friends Scott and Bob and their supportive spouses.  Then the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages held, and our troops in danger's way.  And finally my friends here on the Daily listed on the Care list and many who are not.  Prayers for lessening pain, recovery from medical procedures and for those awaiting them.  Also everyone who suffered losses and worry. 🙏 Guess that includes me now. 😢  So sorry to hear of your friend Lynda's death @1ANGELCAT.  A shocking loss after the passing of her husband so recently.  And I'm sending my congratulations to everyone celebrating happy things in their lives and for those who get to cruise right now.  🎂🚢 Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your fine work in managing the lists for us even with pain and little to no sleep.  We admire your perseverance and dedication.

The port today is St. Peter Port, Guernsey.  What a nice port of call to visit!  We have been there three times and were lucky enough to not miss it due to weather.  This was our port three times already on Dec. 30, 2021, July 8, 2022, and Oct. 31, 2023.  I'll post the links below and then retrieve photos for myself and Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser.

Hoping everyone has a good day and don't forget it's Pizza Day as @1ANGELCAT said.  Perfect for Gerry @ger_77!!  Stay safe and keep well!  

Sandi, I'm sorry your DGD is still desling with the tramua of the robbery.  I hope she will ger more counseling.

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  There are a few people who bike to work in the winter in our city - we have a youngish mayor who, when he entered office a few years ago, removed a lot of parking spaces downtown and created bike lanes.  A couple of hardy citizens this year decided to sit out in lawn chairs in the cold and count the number of bikes using them in winter over the course of a week; their tally:  3.  That mayor has just announced he won't be running again - yay.  I like bagels without the lox; I prefer sweet stuff like chocolate chip bagels with peanut butter.  We haven't cut the cord, still have cable, but who knows what the future brings?

More snow overnight which is fine, because it means added moisture.  The streets were a mess yesterday, but the city did a great job of salting and sanding.  I did notice the huge clots of snow and muck that had accumulated under the car during the drive, and kicked them all off on the street before heading up our driveway - less mess to clean up for me and it will just melt in with all the rest on the street.  I expect our snow clearing fellow will arrive in about an hour's time to take care of what came down last night.  It's neat though, because looking outside this morning I can see that a bunny rabbit came across the front yard at some time during the night.

@1ANGELCATI am so sorry to hear of your friend's passing, especially so soon after her husband had.  May their souls be reunited in the stars.

Busy day today, getting DH over to the hospital where he'll undergo the TAVI assessment.  We had word yesterday that they wouldn't be able to do the CT scan, as they had a backlog of patients in house that would be taking up all the spots.  I don't know if they'll have another date for us when we get there today or not, we'll have to see.  At least he'll get the assessment portion done.

Didn't sleep well last night, hoping I wouldn't sleep in this morning, so I'm thinking maybe when we get back from the appointment that a nap will be in order.  I know I'd enjoy the drink of the day, and if someone poured me a glass of today's wine from their bottle, I'd gladly sip it slowly.  Will pass on the meal suggestion, because of course it's Friday night pizza night - yay for Pizza Day today!  After nap time we'll peruse the online menus to see what appeals to us to have delivered so we can enjoy it at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, in turmoil.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I hope the resultts from today's test will lead to the heart valve replacement your DH needs.  I also hope he can get  the CT scan soon.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Good Friday Morning Dailyites! I slept pretty well last night, no coughing fits waking me up.  Yay! It's 47 degrees, and while it will be a warm weekend, it will be a wet one.  

Last week I wanted pizza, but as neither of us wanted to go out to eat, we ordered from the local Dominos which had been great for years, and ended up with the worst undercooked over cheesed pizza , the dough was raw, and the bottom burnt.  If Paul Hollywood had been here, he would have told us not to eat it.  We didnt.  We scraped off the cheese and pepperoni and melted it over some beans.  Not bad.  But it did break me of my urge for pizza unless its at our favorite Greek restaurant.

I have not read the book that @StLouisCruisersmentioned, but I have seen the movie about 10 times. A wonderful story about love on many levels.I do believe they are reshowing it on Netflix this month.

pizza-memes-15-545x545.jpeg

142f0d2ba42de3fa9e15bd071a63b8b8.gif

Annie, I'm glad you got some much needed sleep and your cough is better.

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It is already 44 and going up to the low fifties. I fear for those biking around here . It is hard enough to be a pedestrian.I like my slow cooker and it doesn’t mind being called a crack pot in this house. Bagels and lox are a favorite here. We cut the cable TV  part of the cord and saved a small fortune over the last few years.

We were in St Peter Port Guernsey on a British Isles cruise. It was a beautiful day  with bouncy tendering. I think I may have one picture that survived  my prior PC fail.

I slept last night and feel so much more human. Things are about the same for Tana. She started an antibiotic which of course has its own set of side effects. The fever did not return last night (hooray) and I have all fingers and toes crossed that this latest infection can improve.

The Beatles on Ed Sullivan! I still remember the excitement at the time. 
Have a good day today.

Terry, I hope the antibiotic helps Tana, and I'm glad there was no fever last night.  I hope she continues to improve.  Good news that you slept last night.

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

We take safety for granted too, Ann.  Imagine someone robbing you on your front porch with a gun in your face, and you having to live there after that.  I can't imagine it and I don't want to!

We talked to DD this morning before school started and told her we wanted to talk to Morgan about moving out of her apartment and finding a new place where she will feel safer.  Morgan says she's afraid to go home because she has to park in that garage and take that same stairwell to her floor.  She currently lives with several other girls and they split the rent and a small utilities amount every month, and she has a lease until sometime in July. We texted her to call us after we went to get groceries.  So during Morgan's lunch hour (working today at the Aquarium) she phoned us and we told her we want her to look for a new place away from campus and where she will feel safe.  We will pay her current rent for her share of the apartment and she can move out just as quick as she can find something better.  We said we don't ever want repayment, just ask that you try more therapy to help with all your anxiety.  She couldn't believe it.  We told her her safety is very important to every one of us and we all love her so much.  I hope she can find something soon.  And she needs to reassure her roommates she's not running out on her portion of the rent.  That's done!  Just get yourself out of there so you can begin to feel like your old self again is what we told her.  I hope she's feeling a bit lighter than when she went to work today.  🙏

Gerry, good luck to DH at his assessment today and I hope he can get that scan soon.  Enjoy your Friday night pizza night!

Terry I'm so glad you got more sleep last night and am glad Tana isn't worse, but would prefer to hear she's feeling a lot better.  She must be sick of all those antibiotics especially with the side effects.  No fever sounds good, too.

Thank you Joy for sending up prayers for everyone.  DD has her own set of problems with things going on at school.  Sometimes they have to deal with very difficult situations and it wears on the staff as they are trying their best to help their students.  I hope Allen has a good doctor visit today!

Thanks Graham.  We always have a very positive experience there and love seeing it on the itinerary.

Thanks so much for the suggestion for the EMDR therapy Laura, Terry and Denise.  I haven't heard of it but will speak with DD first to see if she'd like to suggest it.  We are wondering if Morgan has benefits that include therapy with her full time job at the Florida Aquarium (not the one in Clearwater) so she plans to talk to her about that.  DD wants to drive down to Tampa to see Morgan during spring break at her Ohio school where she teaches, and wondered if I would like to drive down with her.  I suggested we take DH along too!  He's retired!  But that is at the end of March, and we felt Morgan needed something positive to happen in her life before the end of March.  Thus the plan to help her move out.  I hope I have encouraging news on that front in the next two weeks.  

Sandi, how nice of you to make it possible for Morgan to move out of that apartmment.  Moving should relieve some of her anxiety, but I hope she will get more counseling.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Like already mentioned by Jacqui we had a wonderful day in Guernsey and I saw a lot of pictures this afternoon so I will spare you or at least try  not to post many duplicates .Thank you Jacqui , Sandi  for al the pictures ( saves me a lot of work ) 

For anybody that will be landing in the future on Guernsey I can highly recommend a walking tour with Annette who will show some nice corners of the town and she has a lot of historical facts which she will share in a playful way .

If you are planning to go to Guernsey I can recommend also to read this book or watch this movie on forehand.

DSCN9756.thumb.jpg.d42f6c1342d9f5e8b7db52ec46ca2024.jpg

On Annettes Walking Tour everybody is a participant  and you don’t know what is in store for you , here Jose was picked on for Annette to tell us about the history of Guernsey 

fe5Ag3Si.thumb.jpeg.1ee5351b288b575eaafe64572ba5dd88.jpeg

My thoughts take me back to dear Jose , a wonderful person ! 

DSCN9766.thumb.jpg.c3430207b664c4a1ec2da57f86aae7ca.jpg

Also Martha was chosen a little while later .....

DSCN9787.thumb.JPG.bd4ebcb7e27f69da014851939fac0b6d.JPG

The tidal movement in St Peter Port are on average 5.2 meters or 17 feet .

DSCN9788.thumb.jpg.2b19385715a93b8412d875edde1581e1.jpg

DSCN9791.thumb.JPG.19df5c00a3e625fc7e307e03f3021b17.JPG

DSCN9792.thumb.JPG.b6ba49ca793e95c76e3d2f1fb8fc6568.JPG

DSCN9757.thumb.JPG.298519f43f14da95ab1f43fbad161f26.JPG

DSCN9798.thumb.JPG.4440fcb13d4c9f9a27e87162bb7aa947.JPG

The Elegant Explorer , the Prinsendam 

DSCN9801.thumb.jpg.b9a2f0743fa2c18ce751fc513f0dde18.jpg

DSCN9805.thumb.JPG.fa4578cb902dbc9939aa09cc06ffbede.JPG

DSCN9810.thumb.JPG.9e6a4170ef91c0feb176bbb3fd2115e9.JPG

Tony 🙂
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 6

Good afternoon. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu and @richwmn.

No work to bike to, and certainly not in winter. I love bagels, but pass on the lox (fish). I haven't cut the cord, mainly because of watching sports. Good quote. I like the meal, maybe on the drink, and would love the wine but can't afford it. I remember watching the Beatles on Ed Sullivan back then. 

It's a lovely partly sunny day, 61F!! But cold weather is coming back, with snow even. I slept a little better, 3.5 hours. But still lots of pain. I went to PT earlier. Yesterday I managed to get the china cabinet emptied, and stored the boxs in the shower on the first floor, lol. When I got home today there was a message from the contractor. The POD will come on Monday and furniture moved into it on Tuesday. Floors probably done Thursday and Friday, since I have a medical appointment on Wednesday. So I have some time to get finished packing up stuff. I texted my next door neighbor, as I let him park on my parking pad (next to my garage), and the space may be taken up by the POD. There's no overnight street parking unless you have a permit.

@StLouisCruisers It's no surprise Morgan is still traumatized by the robbery incident. I hope she will talk to someone, to help deal with her fears. You were very kind to help her so that she can move somewhere that she feels safe. Thanks for your pictures of St Peter Port and for posting Lenda's as well. I have that book on my list to get for my Kindle.

@Nickelpenny Love that Hillbilly word of the day, lol.

@ger_77 I'm sorry to hear that DH can't get the CT today, just the assessment. 

@smitty34877 I'm glad to hear you got a good night's sleep. I hope the antibiotic does the trick for Tana, with minimal side effects.

@TiogaCruiser I just learned of EMDR watching Law & Order: SVU.

@sailingdutchy Great photos. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

Well, I finished the income taxes and went to the post office to mail it this morning.  They will probably wonder why someone who owes taxes would mail it in so early.  

I just received a strange email.  It is a job offer, thanking me for speaking to them and offering me a job as a FLT Division driver at a company called Board24.  I am to start work next week.  They even list the safety shoes I should wear and that they will provide ear and eye protection.  The strangest thing about it is the company is located in Leicestershire, UK.  I have never heard of the company and certainly have never interacted with them.  Wonder if @grapau27 Graham has heard of them?

Wondering if it is some type of new scam or that the sender, Tia Bettan just made a silly mistake. 

Ray 

• Like 17

23 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Well, I finished the income taxes and went to the post office to mail it this morning.  They will probably wonder why someone who owes taxes would mail it in so early.  

I just received a strange email.  It is a job offer, thanking me for speaking to them and offering me a job as a FLT Division driver at a company called Board24.  I am to start work next week.  They even list the safety shoes I should wear and that they will provide ear and eye protection.  The strangest thing about it is the company is located in Leicestershire, UK.  I have never heard of the company and certainly have never interacted with them.  Wonder if @grapau27 Graham has heard of them?

Wondering if it is some type of new scam or that the sender, Tia Bettan just made a silly mistake. 

Ray 

Screenshot_20240209_203029.jpg

Screenshot_20240209_203002_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thus the plan to help her move out.  I hope I have encouraging news on that front in the next two weeks.  

That is just so wonderful of you ♥️. I am sure that changing her environment can only help - not hurt.  She is so lucky to have you two helping her.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi that is lovely how you are relocating your DGD Morgan and it will help her getting away from where her trauma occurred.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Screenshot_20240209_203029.jpg

Screenshot_20240209_203002_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thanks, Graham.  That is the company.  They expect me to start work there next Wednesday.  I will just delete the email.  I wonder if someone in the UK has an email address very similar to mine and is waiting for a reply for a job offer.

Ray

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Thanks, Graham.  That is the company.  They expect me to start work there next Wednesday.  I will just delete the email.  I wonder if someone in the UK has an email address very similar to mine and is waiting for a reply for a job offer.

Ray

It sounds like it Ray.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu and @richwmn.

No work to bike to, and certainly not in winter. I love bagels, but pass on the lox (fish). I haven't cut the cord, mainly because of watching sports. Good quote. I like the meal, maybe on the drink, and would love the wine but can't afford it. I remember watching the Beatles on Ed Sullivan back then. 

It's a lovely partly sunny day, 61F!! But cold weather is coming back, with snow even. I slept a little better, 3.5 hours. But still lots of pain. I went to PT earlier. Yesterday I managed to get the china cabinet emptied, and stored the boxs in the shower on the first floor, lol. When I got home today there was a message from the contractor. The POD will come on Monday and furniture moved into it on Tuesday. Floors probably done Thursday and Friday, since I have a medical appointment on Wednesday. So I have some time to get finished packing up stuff. I texted my next door neighbor, as I let him park on my parking pad (next to my garage), and the space may be taken up by the POD. There's no overnight street parking unless you have a permit.

@StLouisCruisers It's no surprise Morgan is still traumatized by the robbery incident. I hope she will talk to someone, to help deal with her fears. You were very kind to help her so that she can move somewhere that she feels safe. Thanks for your pictures of St Peter Port and for posting Lenda's as well. I have that book on my list to get for my Kindle.

@Nickelpenny Love that Hillbilly word of the day, lol.

@ger_77 I'm sorry to hear that DH can't get the CT today, just the assessment. 

@smitty34877 I'm glad to hear you got a good night's sleep. I hope the antibiotic does the trick for Tana, with minimal side effects.

@TiogaCruiser I just learned of EMDR watching Law & Order: SVU.

@sailingdutchy Great photos. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, it's great to hear you got a whole 3.5 hours last night.  Sounds crazy but after all you've been through it's decent.  I'm glad you have some dates now for floor repair and furniture moving.  Thank you for your comments!

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

@StLouisCruisers,Sandi, I am glad you will travel to see Morgan. I hope she is able to find a place where she will feel safer. It is so nice of the two of you to help her any way you can. 

She's so busy with work and school I hope she can take some time to look at a few places soon.  I don't know the areas around there that would be convenient for her.  She doesn't even have to live at the USF campus anmore because she has one class a week (several days) and it's an hour away from the main USF campus. I'm thinking more like St. Pete. In addition she has two classes that are online so no going to a building.  Then the Aquarium job is between the two in South Tampa.  @RedneckBob probably knows what I'm talking about.  

Good evening.

We took our lovely Sarah out for an Italian dinner tonight.

IMG_20240209_174536.jpg

IMG_20240209_174527.jpg

IMG_20240209_174517.jpg

IMG_20240209_180638.jpg

IMG_20240209_180606.jpg

IMG_20240209_180557.jpg

I know you all enjoyed time spent together at dinner this evening.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

That is just so wonderful of you ♥️. I am sure that changing her environment can only help - not hurt.  She is so lucky to have you two helping her.

Thanks Jacqui.  She's such a doll, who wouldn't want to help her out dealing with this horrible situation? 

Halloween 2005 - 3 years old.  I made the costume!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

And 3 days after the robbery putting on a brave face with her Grandpa.

57 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sandi that is lovely how you are relocating your DGD Morgan and it will help her getting away from where her trauma occurred.

Totally agree.  We would do anything to help her out.

10 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Ray

If you haven't already deleted it, or can retrieve it from trash, I think it would be nice to reply and give the young lady a chance to correct her mistake and resend to the appropriate person.  Maybe they really need the job and are crushed not to hear back from their application.  What do you think?

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Oh yes, I forgot.  We couldn't get outside to prune the tree because the lawn services company came by and sprayed the lawn for pre-emergent weed killer. We were advised to not be on the lawn for a while.  Also they want you to water it in within 48 hours which with the rains headed our way Saturday and Sunday should be perfect.  We also got the groceries and Home Depot run made this morning.  However no time for a nap!  Maybe I'll catch up tonight.😴

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Vanessa, it's great to hear you got a whole 3.5 hours last night.  Sounds crazy but after all you've been through it's decent.  I'm glad you have some dates now for floor repair and furniture moving.  Thank you for your comments!

She's so busy with work and school I hope she can take some time to look at a few places soon.  I don't know the areas around there that would be convenient for her.  She doesn't even have to live at the USF campus anmore because she has one class a week (several days) and it's an hour away from the main USF campus. I'm thinking more like St. Pete. In addition she has two classes that are online so no going to a building.  Then the Aquarium job is between the two in South Tampa.  @RedneckBob probably knows what I'm talking about.  

Thanks Jacqui.  She's such a doll, who wouldn't want to help her out dealing with this horrible situation? 

If you haven't already deleted it, or can retrieve it from trash, I think it would be nice to reply and give the young lady a chance to correct her mistake and resend to the appropriate person.  Maybe they really need the job and are crushed not to hear back from their application.  What do you think?

Morgan looks lovely Sandi.

You did a terrific job in making Morgan's Halloween 2005 costume.

We are the same with our Sarah and would do exactly the same as you to help her out too.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'd be inclined to take a more conserative approach.  I'm just thinking it could be a spoof intended to trap a helpful person into replying into a copycat web site loaded with malwear.  If I was SURE it actually came from Board24 but what I would do is print it to PDF and send it to an address I was sure was legitimate.  It looks like contact@board24.co.uk should be safe.

Roy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

24 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Yes I do. Worked at USF in the ‘80’s.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Ray

The company is legitimate.

This is their contact details.

Screenshot_20240209_221509.jpg

• Like 6

Just now, aliaschief said:

Good morning,

I guess we crossed the International Date line as my Pad and phone are showing Saturday Feb 10. In that case the ship will be celebrating Chinese New Year today. Will have to see what they have planned. We do know they bought Chinese New Year decorations in Papeete. Super Bowl Sunday will be Monday and we will get to watch it early in the day. They are planning a big party onboard for that.

We had a nice dinner last night with 3 other couples that we have met since the beginning of the cruise. We then attended a high energy well choreographed show by the ships singers and dancers. A repeat but good enough to watch again.

For the first time WiFi is really slow this morning. We have been able to Face Time and watch movies but that is not possible this morning. Time to get up and head for the coffee machine. Very good coffee onboard.

Enjoy TGIF as it appears it never happened here. Bruce

Well as it turns out it is still Friday and we have not crossed the international date line.  We just set our devices wrong. It’s another cloudy day with a little ship movement. The internet has been pretty useless this morning. IT is working on it.

So back to enjoying “Friday.”

• Like 10
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I can only imagine how your heart hurts for Morgan; I hope she accepts your generous, offer. As well as engaging the right therapist. 

I was not able to feel secure after our house was broken into so we ended up selling it. And I was many years beyond Morgan's age; I pray 🙏 she is able to find peace and feel safe again soon. Love is strong - sounds like she has a great support system. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

The company is legitimate.

This is their contact details.

Screenshot_20240209_221509.jpg

I am certain the company is legitimate, graham, but the email may well not be. It could be spoofing the real company and loading malware on the device which opens it. I would go one further than @rafinmdand snail mail a printed copy to the company address with an explanation. We have a huge problem on this side of the pond with bad emails. Our recent hospital cyberattack was a perfect example. The email that was opened looked very legitimate but the virus or malware it loaded took down three hospitals since they share the same IT company. Can’t be too careful these days.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1