What is your personal favorite hotel for pre cruise port everglades?

Yes I know the miserables are going to say look it up. I'm asking for recent opinions not from a 5 yr old post since things do change.

To anyone who has stayed in the past year I appreciate your opinions. Thank you!!

Our cruise is in August.

Mine is the crown plaza right across from the port, if you're flying in sleeping, and getting on the ship the next day.

the Hyatt in downtown FLL for something nicer if you're staying a bit longer

and the diplomat if you're with the family and making an extra day out of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We like the Riverside Hotel in Las Olas section. It's reasonably priced, clean, on the riverwalk with so much to see and do closeby.  We stayed there last February, and will be staying there again this weekend.

Edited by DonnaK
  • Like 4

Marriott Renaissance on 17th St. Several restaurants within walking distance, especially the Boatyard just across the parking lot. The hotel is just across from one of the port entrances and has a (paid) shuttle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RCCL Fan said:

Mine is the crown plaza right across from the port, if you're flying in sleeping, and getting on the ship the next day.

the Hyatt in downtown FLL for something nicer if you're staying a bit longer

and the diplomat if you're with the family and making an extra day out of it.

Thank you. Yes just flying in day before. Just the husband and I.

Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport - South & Cruise Port. Free breakfast. Free airport pick up. Large clean rooms. Good customer service. Walk to Dania Pointe Mall with lots of Restaurants and stores. We uber to port.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it's going to be more than just an overnight, Snooze! Cute place and the price is right.  Can park rental car right under the hotel.  For just the night before cruise it's either Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina or Embassy Suites.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, chill6x6 said:

If it's going to be more than just an overnight, Snooze! Cute place and the price is right.  Can park rental car right under the hotel.  For just the night before cruise it's either Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina or Embassy Suites.

For many years it was Embassy Suites but had a terrible stay a few years ago and recently stayed at Hilton Marina. 

• Like 1

Embassy Suites was very disappointing to me. Old, tired, dirty, crowded.

My favorites are Hard Rock or Ritz Carlton.  But their prices can be all over the map. sometimes get a good deal, sometimes it's an arm and a leg.

If I'm doing anything more than one night, I try to stay in Miami.  Personally, Ft. Lauderdale has all the appeal of a midwest shopping mall! LOL!  Much prefer Miami in virtually every way.

22 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Embassy Suites was very disappointing to me. Old, tired, dirty, crowded.

My favorites are Hard Rock or Ritz Carlton.  But their prices can be all over the map. sometimes get a good deal, sometimes it's an arm and a leg.

If I'm doing anything more than one night, I try to stay in Miami.  Personally, Ft. Lauderdale has all the appeal of a midwest shopping mall! LOL!  Much prefer Miami in virtually every way.

Yea we actually do not like Miami at all. Lol. We cruised out of Miami and we hated everything but the cruise. Just not our cup of tea. Reminded me of being in NY city.  

21 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

Yea we actually do not like Miami at all. Lol. We cruised out of Miami and we hated everything but the cruise. Just not our cup of tea. Reminded me of being in NY city.  

I went to school in Miami and know the city very well. I will concede Ft. Lauderdale is a little more "approachable", and comparing Miami to NYC in contract to Ft. Lauderdale is entirely reasonable.  I just feel like Ft. Lauderdale is nothing. It's a generic sprawl of homogeneity and any time I walk inside, I could just as easily be in a suburban Toledo shopping mall as on a beach in the sub-tropics.

1 hour ago, toxicfairy said:

We enjoy the EB Hotel in Miami Springs if the cruise is out of Miami- Perfect for a pre-post cruise hotel.  

Edited by Cruise a holic

4 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

I went to school in Miami and know the city very well. I will concede Ft. Lauderdale is a little more "approachable", and comparing Miami to NYC in contract to Ft. Lauderdale is entirely reasonable.  I just feel like Ft. Lauderdale is nothing. It's a generic sprawl of homogeneity and any time I walk inside, I could just as easily be in a suburban Toledo shopping mall as on a beach in the sub-tropics.

Oh all of that sounds fine with me haha. We're from South Jersey  so not city people at all. 2 acres not in an actual neighborhood. Well water and septic system and no side walks.  Pretty quiet,  our back yard butts up to a farm. 

Plus....We're cruising out of port everglades this time. 

We just stayed at the Embassy Suites before our cruise in January. This hotel has everything we need including parking (which was extra) . Love their breakfast and Happy Hour was just Ok as they have cut back on snacks. Close to restaurants & stores. 

• Thanks 1