Hideaway Beach at Coco Cay: Is it Lit Up or not worth the $

Hello CC community, I am doing a cruise with the bros next weekend on Freedom (3 night bender cruise). This will be my first time to Coco Cay since Hideaway Beach opened up. My buddies and I are torn on buying the Hideaway Beach excursion. Question for those who have been to Coco Cay since this adults only beach opened: Is it lit or not? 

We generally just go to the swim up bar that is in middle of Coco Cay. Have the normal party people at the swim up bar now gone to the Hideaway Beach? Any reviews or suggestions are much appreciated. 

BTW: It is $40 so I don't care, but my buddies are cheap as heck. They will spend 1000 gambling but refuse to spend on things like this unless its guarantee party. Thanks again. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, jcarter4551 said:

They will spend 1000 gambling but refuse to spend on things like this unless its guarantee party.

Other than the ship sailing on water very little is guaranteed on a cruise. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jcarter4551 said:

Hello CC community, I am doing a cruise with the bros next weekend on Freedom (3 night bender cruise). This will be my first time to Coco Cay since Hideaway Beach opened up. My buddies and I are torn on buying the Hideaway Beach excursion. Question for those who have been to Coco Cay since this adults only beach opened: Is it lit or not? 

We generally just go to the swim up bar that is in middle of Coco Cay. Have the normal party people at the swim up bar now gone to the Hideaway Beach? Any reviews or suggestions are much appreciated. 

BTW: It is $40 so I don't care, but my buddies are cheap as heck. They will spend 1000 gambling but refuse to spend on things like this unless its guarantee party. Thanks again. 

There are a few YouTube videos and social media postings.  I'd forward those that may help make your case.

Also if you are on a 3 or 4 day sailing, chances are pretty high you will be with a fun crowd then on an 8 day and above.  If you get what I'm saying.

I was just there 4 days ago.  The pool was heated and beach was nice.  There were quiet places to be found, but you could also choose a loud place with no problem.  The food differences are only that you can also have pizza and empanadas(if that is important to you).

• Like 1

Someone on a three night "bender" cruise is going to have a different experience than a typical longer cruise.  It's going to be a younger, more partying crowd.  

9 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

This post is the exact reason I refuse to book anything shorter than a 7 day cruise

Unfortunately, on our B2B's out of PC on Adventure, one leg is always a 6 nighter, and about 50% of those are more like tractor pull conventions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

like tractor pull conventions.

Oh, I'm considering trying Utopia out of PC. I'm not familiar with the phrase you posted above. What does that mean? Whatever it means, do you think sailing on the Utopia will be like that also. I too, only like 7+ day sailings, but that's not an option for the start of Utopia. 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, blueslily said:

Oh, I'm considering trying Utopia out of PC. I'm not familiar with the phrase you posted above. What does that mean? Whatever it means, do you think sailing on the Utopia will be like that also. I too, only like 7+ day sailings, but that's not an option for the start of Utopia. 

Thanks 

Tractor Pull:

More than likely that short "ultimate" weekend cruises on Utopia will be populated largely by a demographic that believes wearing a shirt with sleeves is considered "formal wear; begins downing whatever booze is available long before the sun comes up - and continuing all day long into the night; have never found a four letter word that can't be inserted into every sentence; only speak with "outside" voices regardless of where they are; and shovel food in their mouths like there will never be another meal so fast that their mouths never actually come close to closing while they chew. 

Other than that, the only other "plus" is that you can get a "contact" high just by sitting on your balcony down wind from the THC vape coming from the balconies around yours.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Whether it's 'lit' or not is up to you. The setting is there, the DJ is there. It's up to you whether you want to be chill or party. When we were there the pool was heated which was great on a very chilly day. 

Thanks Walter. My wife and I are big virgin voyage cruisers as well so appreciate your advice there. I am hoping this Hideaway is a lot like Virgins private pool and beach party at Bimini. Is that accurate? 

I do love a good tractor pull but def not what my friends and I are about lol. 

appreciate the feedback everyone. 

We were at Coco Cay  on a 4 night cruise the week Hideaway beach opened. The regular pool was quiet and somewhat  empty.

The DJ and the pool party moved to Hideaway beach.   Friends were at hideaway beach and said it was a fun party. 

m

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, orville99 said:

Tractor Pull:

More than likely that short "ultimate" weekend cruises on Utopia will be populated largely by a demographic that believes wearing a shirt with sleeves is considered "formal wear; begins downing whatever booze is available long before the sun comes up - and continuing all day long into the night; have never found a four letter word that can't be inserted into every sentence; only speak with "outside" voices regardless of where they are; and shovel food in their mouths like there will never be another meal so fast that their mouths never actually come close to closing while they chew. 

Other than that, the only other "plus" is that you can get a "contact" high just by sitting on your balcony down wind from the THC vape coming from the balconies around yours.

This is the top post! I think I am sold and will book…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We were at Coco Cay  on a 4 night cruise the week Hideaway beach opened. The regular pool was quiet and somewhat  empty.

The DJ and the pool party moved to Hideaway beach.   Friends were at hideaway beach and said it was a fun party. 

m

Thanks so much! This is what I was thinking would happen. 

Was just on Allure 4 night and on Cococay Feb. 8th.   Can't attest to what Oasis pool was like as we were at Hideaway where the pool was certainly hopping from about 10am on.  Staff brings out big beach balls which seemed to be a hit with everyone even if the wind was blowing them down onto the beach several times.  Junkanoo dancers came in the afternoon to dance around pool to dj and spray champagne at those that wished to indulge.  My opinion it's a plussed version of atmosphere Oasis swim up had before.  Oh and biggest plus-heated pool almost worth cost versus the chill Oasis pool always had.

Edited by mikegrip
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

This post is the exact reason I refuse to book anything shorter than a 7 day cruise

I'm booked on two 4 day Celebrity cruises in the next few months. I wonder if they'll be party cruises?

2 hours ago, rrraydon said:

I'm booked on two 4 day Celebrity cruises in the next few months. I wonder if they'll be party cruises?

I have done several 4 day cruises on Celebrity. They are “party” cruises compared to longer Celebrity cruises. The big difference is the crowd is usually a lot older than the crowd on a short RCI cruise. Like a good friend of mine says about Celebrity frequently, older people still know how to party. 

• Like 3

On 2/16/2024 at 3:21 PM, jcarter4551 said:

I would highly recommend going to Hideaway Beach. We were there last week and had a blast there. During the middle of the day we walked over to the Oasis pool. There were only a handful of people at the swim up bar and the water was freezing (I live in Florida so my view of water is likely different than someone living up North). There was nothing going on in the swim up bar area at the Oasis pool. On the other hand, the pool at the Hideaway Beach was pretty crowded, the swim up bar area was busy and there was a DJ playing music. Most importantly to me the pool was heated. I have only been to Hideaway Beach once so far, but when we were there the party atmosphere that used to exist at the swim up bar area at the Oasis pool moved to the pool at Hideaway Beach. 

18 hours ago, jcarter4551 said:

Thanks Walter. My wife and I are big virgin voyage cruisers as well so appreciate your advice there. I am hoping this Hideaway is a lot like Virgins private pool and beach party at Bimini. Is that accurate? 

It's YUGE compared to the pools and vibe at the Bimini Beach Club. It's more of a destination than Bimini with all the food stalls, multiple bars and that massive, massive pool. That dual level bar is 'next level' if you will.  If you really enjoy good music and a party vibe, you should like the pool. No floaties like Bimini, but it's a great pool.  We were not there long enough to see if the DJ gets any sort of a party vibe going but it would not surprise me. 

The beach is fully man made with a private lagoon so it's a very protected water area. The cabanas are MUCH better at Hideaway than those twigs at Bimini. 🙂  The standard cabanas are close to the main pool while the swim up cabanas are further away. 

Two completely different spaces, you're going to like Hideaway more for some things but you'll like Bimini Beach more more for other things. I would definitely give Hideaway a shot and see what you think.  Thanks for the kind words!

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2024 at 8:49 AM, blueslily said:

Thanks 

If you don’t understand “Lit” and “Dope” then it is probably not somewhere you want to go to. 

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you don’t understand “Lit” and “Dope” then it is probably not somewhere you want to go to. 

Hi there. Yes, I know what those words mean. My response was to a different phrase. He reaponded. Thanks, and have a good evening.