Do Princess ships have Cholula Sauce?

mlbcruiser

Just wondering if anyone can recall if Princess ships have Cholula Sauce available in the buffet area at breakfast?  I know I can order small packs of it and bring them with me, but I’d really rather not have to do that. 

12 hours ago, memoak said:

When ask for hot sauce I have always been given Tabasco

This ^^^^^.  Absolute let down.  Hence, bringing my own hot sauce.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

It does not matter where in the world we are cruising, we never leave home without our Cholula!  🌶 

I *never* even think about packing hot sauce, at least until now!  Everybody has me thinking about it now! 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I *never* even think about packing hot sauce, at least until now!  Everybody has me thinking about it now! 😄

Since we always have the same MDR servers, we leave our Cholula with them at their service station.  It is always on our table when we sit down for dinner!

I forgot to add, we bring the large bottles that are sold at Costco as we always end up sharing it with our servers.  They love it too! 

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Thanks 1

I also hadn't thought of this but Cholula is absolutely my hot sauce of choice. It would be easy enough to bring along a small bottle in my luggage ---- think I may do this. Cruise Critic always has the best ideas!

• Like 1

Just now, PescadoAmarillo said:

This one left me scratching my head, because I know I’ve seen Cholula on board over the years. DH confirms and has seen it recently at the pizza place on the Lido Deck on the Regal. 

That might have been the bottle I left behind!  🤪    I have yet to be on a ship that had it stocked onboard.

• Haha 2

We have cruise on a number of lines, and I have never found it on a ship either. Just hadn’t been on Princess in about five years so thought perhaps they had added it. We often leave on cruises out of South Florida. We generally tie in a visit of a few days with  my brother,  who lives just north of Fort Lauderdale. Last spring we were going to do a  cruising on Royal Caribbean, and he gave me several packets of Cholula because he had ordered a large box online. I just was able to order 25 packets from Amazon last night. For those with Amazon prime, there is no shipping fee. They have a larger box, but I didn’t really want that. Since Cruise lines always ask for passengers to fill out forms, indicating what they liked, and didn’t like about their cruise, perhaps we should all put down that we’d love to see Cholula added to their supply of condiments. I have seen other brands of hot sauces, but they don’t taste anything like Cholula. 

Edited by mlbcruiser
  • Like 2

Okay, I have to admit that I've never tried Cholua. Every place around here has Tapatio and that is not my favorite. Perhaps I should get some to try but... There seems to be a variety of flavors -  I see six. Perhaps I should just try the original. (Such a ridiculous problem to have... 🙄)

• Like 2

For sure. I use the regular. Have not tried all of the flavors. I like the regular because it isn’t really hot. It’s more of a sort of spicy blend flavor. Go out to an almost any restaurant that serves a decent sit down breakfast and you should be able to find it. 

5 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Since we always have the same MDR servers, we leave our Cholula with them at their service station.  It is always on our table when we sit down for dinner!

I forgot to add, we bring the large bottles that are sold at Costco as we always end up sharing it with our servers.  They love it too! 

it was hard to find good sauces on board while floating about the south pacific . That was until our head waiter appeared with seven types of bottles on a tray. ( he went down to the crew mess and brought back the good stuff)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, c-boy said:

it was hard to find good sauces on board while floating about the south pacific . That was until our head waiter appeared with seven types of bottles on a tray. ( he went down to the crew mess and brought back the good stuff)

We have had the same experience with the crew.  They once had me try one that almost had me running to the Medical Center.  ¡Muy Caliente!  🥵

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We have had the same experience with the crew.  They once had me try one that almost had me running to the Medical Center.  ¡Muy Caliente!  🥵

they can be rascals. Some of the bottles were Malaysian, and the label looked  friendly 😬. That's why there are Malaysians with no hair. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

@Thrak  I've tried them all, my favorite is the Original and the Chipotle.  I agree, first world problems! 😊

Never been a fan of anything Chipotle. Just ruins good peppers. The big issue I have with a multitude of "hot sauces" is that they simply aren't hot!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, bland Canadian here.  I’ve never heard of most of these sauces!  We’ve never even bought hot sauce.  What do you put it on?  We don’t eat meat, just fish and seafood.  Is it really hot so that you can’t taste the food?

Sorry for all the questions, but I don’t think this is something a lot of Canadians have in their pantry. lol