Having difficulty booking Havana class room on Vista class ships

NV-Joe

I've found several older threads about how to go about booking a Havana class room online, but none gave any specifics on how to actually book one of these rooms.I've selected dates 2 years in advance.. and cannot find the option to book one.   I saw the Havana pools for the first time on a cruise to Mexico on the Panorama.   My wife and I go on several short cruises each year...but in all of those bookings online... I never saw mention of Havana rooms.    Do I need to call customer service to book one?  

I'm guessing they'd probably sell more bookings if their website was better.   But that's just me I guess.

Anyway, if one of you who has successfully booked one of these rooms knows the "secret sauce" to book one of these rooms... let me know.

Thanks in Advance 

Joe

Edited by NV-Joe
Missing sentence

you have to look under balconies when you are looking to book one of these rooms ( you can look under interiors, but I usually find them under balconies more often) but they do book very quickly.  We have a PVP who helps us with our bookings and he was able to help us book 4 cabanas on the Vista last Oct (2023) for a Dec 2024 sailing and I was very surprised that we were able to get 4 of them on a sailing 1 week before Xmas 1 year out

• Like 1

Our West Coast ships right now (Feb 2024) are the Panorama, Radiance, and Miracle.  Of those three, only the Panorama has a Havana area. The Radiance and The Miracle are too old for such fancy areas. 

In a couple of months we're going to lose the Miracle (😭) and gain the Firenze. (🤞 It will also be awesome.)  On the Firenze, the specialty area with the Private pool is called Terrazza instead of Havana.  I haven't seen pictures, but hopefully it will be as cool as the Havana on the Panorama.

On either the Panorama or the Firenze, once you click on interior or balcony you can see Havana or Terrazza as an option for type of interior or type of balcony room.  I just looked for random dates this summer and this fall.  For most of them they have both balcony and interior rooms of all classes available.  I saw Terrazza/Havana balcony rooms for all the dates I happened to search.  One of the days had Terrazza interiors sold out, but for the rest, Havana/Terrazza interiors were available too.

Good luck!

Edited by deelightfull

14 hours ago, deelightfull said:

Our West Coast ships right now (Feb 2024) are the Panorama, Radiance, and Miracle.  Of those three, only the Panorama has a Havana area. The Radiance and The Miracle are too old for such fancy areas. 

In a couple of months we're going to lose the Miracle (😭) and gain the Firenze. (🤞 It will also be awesome.)  On the Firenze, the specialty area with the Private pool is called Terrazza instead of Havana.  I haven't seen pictures, but hopefully it will be as cool as the Havana on the Panorama.

On either the Panorama or the Firenze, once you click on interior or balcony you can see Havana or Terrazza as an option for type of interior or type of balcony room.  I just looked for random dates this summer and this fall.  For most of them they have both balcony and interior rooms of all classes available.  I saw Terrazza/Havana balcony rooms for all the dates I happened to search.  One of the days had Terrazza interiors sold out, but for the rest, Havana/Terrazza interiors were available too.

Good luck!

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but the Firenze Terrazza area does not have a pool like Havana. It only has two hot tubs. 

Edited by cruisinpips

On 2/20/2024 at 8:56 PM, NV-Joe said:

Anyway, if one of you who has successfully booked one of these rooms knows the "secret sauce" to book one of these rooms... let me know.

How many people are you trying to book in one cabin?  I have found that the havana cabins cater to 2 passengers, and there are very few cabins for 3 people (I have 3 in my party).

You just have to look under the class of cabin you are trying to book.  I recently booked a havana cabana on Horizon for Aug 2025 - it was listed under "balcony".  I was also eyeing an interior in havana, and it was all the way at the bottom of "interior".  I booked online on the Carnival site.  You may just have to keep scrolling down.  

On 2/21/2024 at 11:08 AM, csoud68 said:

just a random observation but i think those suckers are way overpriced. 

For some yes, but to us it is well worth the private area and bar...especially without kids.  We factor the price of those cabins in and enjoy our trip!

• Like 5

16 hours ago, DramaQueen22 said:

For some yes, but to us it is well worth the private area and bar...especially without kids.  We factor the price of those cabins in and enjoy our trip!

Options are always a good thing.  On the other hand on Vista class ships we think they are THE best rooms on the ship.

• Like 2

I've found several older threads about how to go about booking a Havana class room online, but none gave any specifics on how to actually book one of these rooms.I've selected dates 2 years in advance.. and cannot find the option to book one.   I saw the Havana pools for the first time on a cruise to Mexico on the Panorama.   My wife and I go on several short cruises each year...but in all of those bookings online... I never saw mention of Havana rooms.    Do I need to call customer service to book one?  

I'm guessing they'd probably sell more bookings if their website was better.   But that's just me I guess.

Thanks in Advance 

Joe

On the Vista class, these are highly coveted rooms.  We book these all the times for groups we lead.  Depending on when you want to sail, you may have to look out well over a year to find them available (or as a cancel near final payment).  As another has posted, your question is a good example of why it makes sense to book thru PVP or TA.  Costs you nothing and you gain their expertise and knowledge.  

Thanks in Advance 

Joe

I literally just did a mock booking for the first Panorama cruise on a search and Havana Cabins are listed.  Interiors are sold out, but there were balcony cabins available .  Don't understand why you cannot find them.  

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 11:08 AM, csoud68 said:

just a random observation but i think those suckers are way overpriced. 

Have you stayed in that area?  We absolutely LOVED it.  So so quiet and ours was on the Celebration which doesn't even have the big pool.  In my opinion, that makes it ever quieter haha.  We have another one booked this fall.