Plus and Premier Cutoff on Disembarkation Day?

Errant charges throughout the cruise, may be mistakes?

We had a couple charges prior to disembarking for specialty coffees.

Luckily, we pulled up our folio on the app to screenshot, and saw the charges, immediately went to guest services and had them removed.

Previously we could drink coffees, bloody mary's, etc. on disembarkation day without a worry.

This is very recent. Our cruise last month, we had a couple drinks in the morning, and nothing charged.  

We had the Plus package on both voyages.

Anyone else have this issue?

A few dollars here and there adds up to a lot of revenue. 

Is the new norm fleetwide or just on Discovery?

16 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

You have to check your folio daily, and screenshot it before disembarking.   I see wrong charges constantly with the medallions.

It's not a medallion issue. We ordered the drinks. We were charged for our drinks. 

I cruised last on the Discovery 3 months ago with Plus.  I read somewhere on the ship I think that the cutoff is 6:00 AM on the day of debarkation.  At ~5:30 that morning I tried to order Bloody Mary's on the app / Ocean Now and never got a response.

22 minutes ago, azddave said:

I cruised last on the Discovery 3 months ago with Plus.  I read somewhere on the ship I think that the cutoff is 6:00 AM on the day of debarkation.  At ~5:30 that morning I tried to order Bloody Mary's on the app / Ocean Now and never got a response.

Exactly.

Screenshot_20240221-193801_kindlephoto-502233977.png

Happened to our friends with the Plus Fare in January on the Emerald.  They ordered specialty coffees on disembarkation morning at ~7:30 am and the charges showed on their folio.  They had to go to GS to get the charges cleared which delayed our personal disembarkation by 15 minutes because of the line. 

I'm drawn to the last bullet point in the screenshot above if Princess is enforcing the daily cutoff as 6:00 am.

Princess might need the extra cash to fix their IT problems...I jest. 

Below is another thread from last year.

• Thanks 1

The package is supposed to still be valid on disembarkation day. It worked that way for us recently on Grand Princess - September 26 - November 29. On that last day the package worked flawlessly with no charges. I started the last day with 2 specialty juices, a shot of Bulleit Bourbon, and a Vanilla Latte with 3 shots of espresso. No charge. (Hey! You do you and I'll do me... 😄)

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I wonder if they are starting to enforce the 6am-6am drink rule?

Kind of petty, as you don’t get to embark at 6 am.  More like 11 am before you get OB a ship.  JMO

I agree.

I always thought Disembarkation morning made up for the 'missed' Embarkation morning.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

I started the last day with 2 specialty juices, a shot of Bulleit Bourbon, and a Vanilla Latte with 3 shots of espresso. No charge. (Hey! You do you and I'll do me... 😄)

@Thrak I fully support that shot in your juice. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I’m not a package person, but for those who have paid for them they should be active from the moment you step

on the ship to the moment you step off. Come on Princess, do better! It’s almost like you know how hard it is to challenge a last day charge after you leave the ship?

I say let the people with packages get every last cent of value!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, karatemom2 said:

Honestly, I’m not a package person, but for those who have paid for them they should be active from the moment you step

on the ship to the moment you step off. Come on Princess, do better! It’s almost like you know how hard it is to challenge a last day charge after you leave the ship?

I say let the people with packages get every last cent of value!

No shot of bourbon, but each of my Princess Plus cruises have involved specialty drinks from IC between 7 and 9 am with no charges incurred. I would guess that’s corporate policy.  But there may be individual entrepreneurs at work on given ships.  Perhaps one last chance for a department manager or bar manager to boost performance for a given cruise.  OTOH, I tend to credit incompetence at any given level for most of the goofy stuff I encounter in life.  I think incompetence outweighs dishonesty.  But that’s just my observation.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, memoak said:

Just wondering when you are on a b2b if the morning drink goes to your 1st or 2nd leg ?

How fortunate you are to have two hollow legs!  The 15 drink limit was made for you!  I only have the one and have never exceeded 6 in 24 hours.  ☹️

• Haha 1

The package is applicable from embarkation to disembarkation. I've ordered drinks on disembarkation morning at no charge. As mentioned above, Princess does sometimes make mistakes, but everyone who mentioned being charged previously in this thread also stated that Guest Services removed the charges.

The 6 am to 6 pm does not say when the package is available. It applies only to the 15 alcoholic drink limit. The limit starts over at 6 am each morning. You actually have a new 15 drink limit starting at 6 am on disembarkation morning. I don't know of anyone who has managed to drink 15 alcoholic beverages between 6 am and disembarkation on disembarkation morning, but it would be interesting to try.

On a B2B in a US port, the new cruise should be applicable after you clear the ship and reboard. I'm not sure how it would work on a non-US port where you're not required to clear the ship. You should be able to tell onboard by looking at your app. The exact time could be important for two reasons:

• On one booked B2B, I have different packages on the two legs. Charges would be different depending on which leg was charged.
  • You have a 15 drink limit on the first leg from 6 am to disembarkation. You should have a new 15 drink limit on the second leg from embarkation to 6 am the next morning. If you have a few drinks before disembarkation, these should not count against your 15 drink limit for the next leg.

1 hour ago, BamaVol said:

No shot of bourbon, but each of my Princess Plus cruises have involved specialty drinks from IC between 7 and 9 am with no charges incurred. I would guess that’s corporate policy.  But there may be individual entrepreneurs at work on given ships.  Perhaps one last chance for a department manager or bar manager to boost performance for a given cruise.  OTOH, I tend to credit incompetence at any given level for most of the goofy stuff I encounter in life.  I think incompetence outweighs dishonesty.  But that’s just my observation.

This week?

Last month we weren't charged for our morning drinks. 

A few days ago we were. 

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

This week?

Last month we weren't charged for our morning drinks. 

A few days ago we were. 

7 night cruise has 8 Princess drinkin' daze - what a deal!! - IF drinks are covered on they kicked us off disembarkation day (6a - 10a or so)

On 2/22/2024 at 7:22 AM, mamafun said:

@Thrak I fully support that shot in your juice. 

No, no, no... I didn't pollute my juice and I didn't pollute my bourbon. The bourbon just goes down in a shot. The juice is a bit slower to drink.

Sadly, our cruise in April was booked way back in August of 2022 so it's the "old" Plus. Princess cheaped out and, rather than grandfathering the old Plus to the new benefits, they just don't allow the full featured Plus. No juice for me as I won't pay $8 for that little glass of juice. Also, no Ocean Now or Room Service. I refuse to pay them an extra $200 so we can have what was originally promised when we booked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1