Mixed Cabins but can we all check in with Suite guests?

We are family of 10 going on the March 9th cruise.  We are all checked in finally but got the latest check in time (had to wait for a passport to come in before we could check in).  One of us (my husband and I) are in a Grand Suite and I know we can go up to an hour earlier than our check in time.  Can we bring our whole party with us?  We are also Diamond members - but I don't think there is a check-in perk that comes with that status.

You didn't say where you are sailing from, but in general they don't allow non-suite guests in through the suite entrance in any port.  Most ports are not enforcing checkin times and you can show up when you want and get in line.  For example, we got in line at 9:30 last week in Fort Lauderdale and were in the terminal about 10, with passengers still getting off.

Not sure the suite 1 hour rule was ever enforced, even during startup after covid.  You can also keep looking at checkin times and change if an earlier time becomes available.

Note also that the app never required you to fill out passport information before choosing a boarding time.  You could do that and then fill in the other information later.  Most folks on this board are aware of this and if they want an early time they will use the app just after midnight local port time 45 days before sailing to select their time.

The official answer is “no”. You didn’t mention which ship or port so opinions will vary.  If you board after the initial “push” has occurred (after, say, 11:00) your assigned boarding time or stateroom status will likely have little to no impact.  If you want to get into the terminal “first thing” not only will the actual ability to get into the terminal be a factor, but also where (and when) you will wait for the ship to start boarding as at most ports the Suites and Pinnacles have a separate “lounge” for waiting.  

Again, depending upon the port, chances are that they will not be enforcing the arrival times so even those with the late arrival times will be able to get into the terminal at the same time as the early birds.  I know this isn’t a popular opinion for some, but it’s just the way it is now.  WHERE you plan to line up for entry into the terminal will, however, still be an issue.  Only Suites and Pinnacles can use the Suites and Pinnacles queue.  Most ports (fair to say “all” of them) are very strict on this one.

My recommendation is, if it is vitally important that you all board together, then plan to board with later group in the GenPop queue.  If you want to be among the first on the ship, plan on using the S/P queue and catch up with the rest of your group later.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, LeeW said:

You didn't say where you are sailing from, but in general they don't allow non-suite guests in through the suite entrance in any port.  Most ports are not enforcing checkin times and you can show up when you want and get in line.  For example, we got in line at 9:30 last week in Fort Lauderdale and were in the terminal about 10, with passengers still getting off.

Not sure the suite 1 hour rule was ever enforced, even during startup after covid.  You can also keep looking at checkin times and change if an earlier time becomes available.

Note also that the app never required you to fill out passport information before choosing a boarding time.  You could do that and then fill in the other information later.  Most folks on this board are aware of this and if they want an early time they will use the app just after midnight local port time 45 days before sailing to select their time.

I simply fill it out using birth certificate as an option, and then go back in later to change it to Passport when my passport info is not available...as in being on Serenade for almost 3 months when they kept our passports and did not have access to my passport number.   No big deal.  

• Like 1

You say there are 10 of you and only 2 in a suite?   That is pushing it....IMHO.   

The ship will wait for all of you.   Just board with the rest of the group, it will probably only be a matter of minutes difference anyway.  

• Like 5

The only time we've been in this situation was when we sailed on Navigator out of LA Fall of '22. We got there before they cleared the ship and started boarding so the lines were absolutely crazy. We found the front of the suite line and asked the RCI person if it would be OK if my daughter and her boyfriend (both 22 at the time) could join us in the suite line so we could stay together and she said no problem, so we found the end of the suite line and and entered together.

But as indicated, I am sure this is dependent on port, ship, and time.

35 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

This is what we do when sailing a big group.

Last cruise there were 258 of us all in inside cabins, except one group in a Owners Suite.

We just flashed our Sea pass cards and said all the others were in suites too 😉

if you all arrive after 11;30, chances are you’ll all walk on together regardless of what cabins anyone is in.

Rules are there for a reason and some follow and some don’t

And some Ports check and others don’t.

You  will get plenty of differing advice, some good, some not so good and some will make you wonder why you ever came on here and asked the question in the first place.

Have a great cruise 🥳

And before anyone else tells you, NO they cannot all join you in the Suite lounge - That will be enforced by the concierge (on some ships and sailings )

Nancy 🍹

I am totally guessing you are joking here (or at least I hope so 😉 ) to make a statement.  

And I love how you received your sea pass card before embarkation.  Too funny!  😄 

Edited by island lady

7 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Pat

You know I was exaggerating 

There were only 28 others 🤣😂🤣 trying to get on with us.

Setsail Pass, good catch, now you know it was all made up 😉

Nancy 🍹

LOL...yeah, it took a couple of minutes to have that dawn on me when I realized who was posting.  Tooo funny!   And I did edit my response....."Nancy"  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Edited mine too 😉

Nancy 🍸

Look forward to when you are back on WC, so I can read all about it from those not on the cruise .

Did enjoy your posts 👍🏻

Thanks...we are already missing our friends who are still on board...and the wonderful crew members.  Barcelona will be here before we know it.  😉  

In the meantime...using up one of our Pinnie certificates for Wonder this Sunday.  No matter how many times we go to meet a cruise ship...still makes me all wiggly inside.  😁

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

...as in being on Serenade for almost 3 months when they kept our passports and did not have access to my passport number.   No big deal.  

I have scans/pictures of all my documents (passport, DL, birth certificate, GE card, eye prescription, medical/dental/prescription insurance cards) on my cell phone (and in iCloud).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

I have scans/pictures of all my documents (passport, DL, birth certificate, GE card, eye prescription, medical/dental/prescription insurance cards) on my cell phone (and in iCloud).

Good idea...though I would worry about all that personal info being hacked...but that's just me, I am too paranoid. 😬

I should take a copy of passports to keep in my cruise file...and since you reminded me...think I will do that right now.  Thanks!  🙂 

• Like 1

Look at it this way - if you were waiting patiently in the suite line and the person in front of you decided that it was okay to bring eight additional passengers who are not in a suite along with them to check in, how would you feel?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

If you read the fine print (it's not really fine, it's the same size as everything else), it says "Please arrive with your entire party". If your reservations are linked, then your family is part of your entire party.

And they can arrive and check-in (in the non-suite line) with the other 8 non-suite guests.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jillybean_1171 said:

We are family of 10 going on the March 9th cruise.  We are all checked in finally but got the latest check in time (had to wait for a passport to come in before we could check in).  One of us (my husband and I) are in a Grand Suite and I know we can go up to an hour earlier than our check in time.  Can we bring our whole party with us?  We are also Diamond members - but I don't think there is a check-in perk that comes with that status.

If you have a late cheek in time, and arrive an hour early, there will be no line, no waiting and no reason why you can't check in and board together.   

If you arrive at the earliest check in  time  when folks are waiting to board, they will likely NOT allow others ( not is a suite)  to board with you. 

When taking a family one may have to decide to enjoy suite benefits or to be with family.  There are many suite benefits that will not apply to family who are not is a suite. 

Enjoy the cruise.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gerif said:

Look at it this way - if you were waiting patiently in the suite line and the person in front of you decided that it was okay to bring eight additional passengers who are not in a suite along with them to check in, how would you feel?

I agree with the point of your comment. Unfortunately there are lots of entitled people in this world (read some of the comments in this thread) that think the rules don’t apply to them or think they are so important that an exception should be made for them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

If you read the fine print (it's not really fine, it's the same size as everything else), it says "Please arrive with your entire party". If your reservations are linked, then your family is part of your entire party.

Self entitlement.  

2 hours ago, gerif said:

Well said.   If you want the perks...pay for them.   No excuses.  😉 

• Like 2

@Jillybean_1171  I think you have your answer.   Don't push it with non suite guests.  Suite guests are suite guests....period.   Pull back and check in with your full group.   You will find it is not that big of a deal and most of you will board within minutes of each other.  

• Like 1