Beefbar dining concept announced for Crystals ships

Stickman1990

Just in from Crystal - a new dining concept to be located where Tastes currently is 

Crystals announcement below 

Exciting new announcement just in time for South Beach Wine & Food Festival!

Crystal Announces Exclusive Collaboration With Global Restaurant Brand Beefbar

New Offering Will Add To The Exceptional Food & Beverage Program Onboard Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony

MIAMI (Feb. 23, 2024) – Today, Crystal is thrilled to announce an unprecedented collaboration that sets a new standard in culinary excellence on the high seas with world-renowned restaurant, Beefbar. In a groundbreaking move, Crystal will be the first cruise line to offer the Beefbar concept at sea when it debuts this summer.

Beefbar, born in Monte-Carlo, is the brainchild of visionary restaurateur Riccardo Giraudi and has more than 20 locations around the world in some of the most iconic cities such as Mykonos, Paris, Milan, St. Barth, Hong Kong and more. The brand will soon be debuting in the United States with its first location set to open in New York City this spring. However, during the South Beach Wine and Food Festival® this evening at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach & Fontainebleau Las Vegas present Wine Spectator’s ‘Best of the Best’ sponsored by Crystal, visitors will have the first opportunity to sample the cuisine. Known for its exquisite selection of prime cuts and innovative culinary creations, Beefbar will perfectly complement Crystal’s dedication to delivering unparalleled dining experiences to its guests.

"We are thrilled to embark on this culinary journey with Beefbar,” said Cristina Levis, CEO of A&K Travel Group, “As the first cruise line to offer Beefbar exclusively, we are bringing an extraordinary dining experience to our guests, aligning our brands with a shared commitment to excellence. Riccardo is a visionary and a friend, and it is with this vision and values that Crystal is dedicated to once again elevating the standards of culinary excellence."

Guests can anticipate savoring a delectable Beefbar menu during both lunch and dinner service, which will feature a variety of items including vegetarian and vegan options as well as specialty cocktails. The favorite signature dishes of Tastes will continue to be served at Beefbar. With a focus on quality, innovation and an unwavering commitment to culinary excellence, this collaboration is poised to redefine the standards of dining aboard cruise ships.

"We are delighted to bring the Beefbar experience to Crystal,” said Giraudi. “This collaboration signifies a merging of two brands dedicated to delivering exceptional dining experiences. We look forward to captivating the palates of Crystal’s guests with our unique culinary offerings."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

I love how Crystal is trying new menus to gradually introduce new items while still offering the guest favorites.  The management is really listening to feedback and making some changes that are commonly requested such as the Osteria menu evolution and bringing back the "fan favorites" of Carpaccio and mushroom soup to the Waterside menu! 

The Beefbar looks like an expanded and upgraded version of the Tastes concept!  Looking at their website I'm happy to see that it's not all beef with what they call a menu with "Beef, Reef and Leaf"!!  Cute!

~Nancy

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Guests can anticipate savoring a delectable Beefbar menu during both lunch and dinner service, which will feature a variety of items including vegetarian and vegan options as well as specialty cocktails. The favorite signature dishes of Tastes will continue to be served at Beefbar.

@CabinBoy2020 Bill, the quote from Crystal says they will keep "The favorite signature dishes of Tastes..."   and "will feature a variety of items including vegetarian and vegan options".

It sounds good to me so far!

~Nancy

• Like 5

Attached are the lunch and dinner menus from the original Beefbar location in Monte Carlo. The euro is almost on par with the US$ (actually 1 euro = US$1.08, as of this morning), so the prices noted on the menus can be easily converted to your preferred currency.

Rob

lunch.pdf lunch-desserts.pdf dinner.pdf

Edited by ryndam
typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Whipsnade said:

Sounds good to me. Now if they would only change the movies more often than every three months we would be happy. 

Be sure to put that in the post cruise survey. 

Done it twice already and plan to do it three more times before I leave in Mumbai. Hoping to encourage others to do the same. One of the reasons we love Crystal is because they are the only ships to have dedicated movie theatres. Seems a shame to have this advantage and then show same films over and over which discourage long term cruisers like us. Hint. Hint. 

• Like 3

Having never been to a Beefbar, I'm assuming based on the name that this new venue will specialize in...beef??

I ask because I may be among the few who was sorely disappointed to hear that they got rid of Churrascaria! I loved that place! Which may possibly be attributed to the fact that my husband eats a mostly plant based diet so I don't cook meat for us, so I just don't get too many opportunities to indulge my own carnivorous leanings. I would love to hear that there will be a restaurant on board that focuses on incredible steaks. 

1 minute ago, Leejnd4 said:

Having never been to a Beefbar, I'm assuming based on the name that this new venue will specialize in...beef??

I ask because I may be among the few who was sorely disappointed to hear that they got rid of Churrascaria! I loved that place! 

They will also have offerings for vegetarians (mentioned in their press release) and I hope they bring some items over from their Reefbar menu as well

We too loved Churrascaria but my meat preferences have moved more to seafood since then - but I’d have been happy to see it return 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

They will also have offerings for vegetarians (mentioned in their press release) and I hope they bring some items over from their Reefbar menu as well

We too loved Churrascaria but my meat preferences have moved more to seafood since then - but I’d have been happy to see it return 

Well if they specialize in beef, AND have vegetarian offerings, we'll be a happy couple. 

The fish options aren't too exciting to me... I live on a boat and fish nearly every day (yep, that's me in my profile photo, holding a Mahi Mahi that I'd just caught), so I get more than my share of fresh fish. I want the BEEF! 😃

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

I am betting (hoping?) Beef Bar will be a better option than Edie inspired Cuyscaria. Add veggies and I will be happy. 

I would go to Churrascaria and get a salad and baked potato (no meat at all), eat and leave. I thought it wasn't a bad idea for using the buffet area in the evening. Never understood why people had such strong, negative opinions. Really like Tastes and will be interested to see what dishes from that concept survive.

Patty

• Like 5

It interesting to me that until this thread in the last day I don't remember hearing anything about Churrrascaria not on the NC.  Don't think it was a major piece of everyone's experience but a lot liked it.

• Like 1

We had liked the Churrasqueria. It was a nice setting for a Rodizio. We have enjoyed the salad bar, the different types of meat being brought fresh grilled and pipping hot to our table. We have enjoyed that we could have as much or little as we wanted. The grilled shrimps were lovely. We have not had food waste on our plates and we did not eat a lot. We have liked the fresh cheese yuca bread and the perfect caipirinhas 👌

Thinking about it, it is time we book a Rodizio restaurant again. Maybe this Sunday 🤭

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Out2See said:

Does anybody know when this is going to happen? I know the press release said summer but I was wondering if anyone knew anything more specific.

It’s very much subject to availability of materials - I’m told it could be as early as July or worse case it could run out to September

• Like 2