Favorite Production Show on Royal Caribbean??

Flight on Symphony hands down. Loved the show and the history. (I am biased through because I'm a pilot 😉) I know this is unpopular, but I didn't like Mamma Mia or Cats all that much. Hairspray was good through and the shows on the other ships have always been solid, but other than UP in the Air nothing has stood out. 

While I guess technically it wasn't actually a "production" show, the most entertaining entertainment I've experienced was when the cast from Hairspray did a "Favorite" Broadway/West End song show. We luckily saw this listed in the Cruise Compass. We actually saw this event on two different sailings. One was in the Jazz Club, and the other was in the Music Hall. Our first, and favorite was in the small, intimate Jazz Club. A few cast members were in there, and one played a keyboard. They asked for requests from the audience of their favorite songs, looked them up on an iPad, and one of more of the cast members sang. Such talented individuals. You could see they loved the music, and they were having such a great time. There were also a number of the Cruise Director's entertainment team there, enjoying the show with the rest of us. After that, we've looked every time we've been on an Oasis Class ship, but only saw it listed tow other times. Once was a conflict with something else, and the other was in the Music Hall.

If you ever see this listed in the daily activities, try not to miss it.

Been fortunate enough to see a few shows now! We will Rock you was amazing, superb singing and production on a whole, and the length of the show was crazy for a ship production!

Best however for us, has been The Wizard of Oz onboard ICON of the Seas. It's simply brilliant! It's fun, colourful, amazing singing and the sets are incredible! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Host Jacquelyn said:

The aqua show on Wonder was a mostly female cast (I think the only guys were last minute replacements), and it was so refreshing seeing women playing powerful roles. The music and choreography were outstanding. I saw the one on Oasis a few times, and it was also spectacular, more like a typical aqua show. I also loved the twirling guy on Harmony. Is he still there??

Part of the reason I may also have liked the aqua show on Wonder more than other ships was because the entertainment on Wonder was so awful otherwise (besides the ice show). We sailed her only a few months after inaugural, and the only shows were Voices, a terrible comedian, and a magician we had seen the week prior. 

There were guys in the cast?  Interesting.  The last time we were on board Wonder was November.  We are on board again and will see the show tonight.  It has always been 100% female cast before that.  

12 hours ago, JP350 said:

Flight on Symphony hands down. Loved the show and the history. (I am biased through because I'm a pilot 😉) I know this is unpopular, but I didn't like Mamma Mia or Cats all that much. Hairspray was good through and the shows on the other ships have always been solid, but other than UP in the Air nothing has stood out. 

We also really enjoyed the ice show on Symphony called 1977.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JP350 said:

I've always wanted to see that show too! I'd be biased as I'm a pilot too! hahaha - If not in the air, seem to spend the rest of my time at sea haha

As a Cruise Director who sees a lot of these shows week in and week out I can easily say the following:

1. Wizard of Oz 

2. Flight

3. Intense

4. Mama Mia

5. 1977

everyone has different tastes, and as a former DJ, I’m heavily influenced by the music in each show.

Oz is so beautiful and the songs which have spanned generations bring all the feels. 

Flight packs such a punch with great music. 

intense: non stop action with a great soundtrack 

Mama Mia: self explanatory 

1977: is there anything more beautiful than the whale breaching? Fun storyline too. 

I haven’t been on Oasis since they removed Oasis of Dreams for Aqua 80 but hear nothing but incredible things. 

happy cruising

Mike 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikew0805 said:

Aqua80, Mama Mia, 365 Ice, Columbus, The Book.

Have reservations on Wonder for 365 tonight.  IMHO...the best ice show in the fleet of ships that have an ice rink.  🙂 

Saw InTENse last night on Wonder.  They have changed the show.  More high diving, but are not doing the suspended lady that glides over the audience now.  It was good, but IMHO....I think we liked the old production better.  Still quite the show!   

20240226_190931.jpg

20240226_200611.jpg

20240226_201827.jpg

20240226_202005.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 6:59 AM, island lady said:

There were guys in the cast?  Interesting.  The last time we were on board Wonder was November.  We are on board again and will see the show tonight.  It has always been 100% female cast before that.  

How was the show? I read that they changed it up a bit.

Yes! There was at least 1 guy in the show, when they were bouncing on the line. Here is a picture:

2022-05-27_234107 Wonder Water show Bouncing - frame at 0m13s.jpg

10 hours ago, Host Jacquelyn said:

How was the show? I read that they changed it up a bit.

Yes! There was at least 1 guy in the show, when they were bouncing on the line. Here is a picture:

2022-05-27_234107 Wonder Water show Bouncing - frame at 0m13s.jpg

It was good, but still liked the older version better.  

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 12:48 PM, island lady said:

Saw InTENse last night on Wonder.  They have changed the show.  More high diving, but are not doing the suspended lady that glides over the audience now.  It was good, but IMHO....I think we liked the old production better.  Still quite the show!   

20240226_190931.jpg

20240226_200611.jpg

20240226_201827.jpg

20240226_202005.jpg

We also preferred the original show.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2024 at 7:46 AM, island lady said:

Have reservations on Wonder for 365 tonight.  IMHO...the best ice show in the fleet of ships that have an ice rink.  🙂 

I 100% agree. It is the best ice show.

• Like 1