Favorite Production Show on Royal Caribbean??

Just back from Liberty. Up In the Air was mind-blowing. I think it may be the best production show I have ever seen on any Royal Caribbean ship. 

Up until now, my favorite shows were the water shows on Oasis class, with the best one (IMO) being the one on Wonder. Up In the Air even surpassed those, far superior to any main-theater production show on any of the other ships I have sailed for the past 25 years. 

Which are your favorites, and why? And to those who have seen Up In The Air, what show (from which ship) do you feel was better?

• Like 3

Mama mia. I have heard many others say mama mia best show at sea, though I preferred the original cast when it first came to texas.

Not even a close competition imo. One guy compared the cruise to what it would cost to go see it on broadway, winner he proclaimed.

• Like 5

Just goes to show how objective this topic can be.

Spectra’s Cabaret has been the absolute highlight of my cruise on the Anthem this week! I absolutely love the creativity of it!! I saw it 2 full times and ran up after dinner tonight to catch all but 10 minutes of it!

On the other hand, I hated We Will Rock You. Only lasted 30 minutes before walking out. Though that did get 25 more minutes than The Gift which only got 5 before I bolted.

(And for someone who lives in New York, a Broadway show is a LOT cheaper than a cruise!)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Just goes to show how objective this topic can be.

Spectra’s Cabaret has been the absolute highlight of my cruise on the Anthem this week! I absolutely love the creativity of it!! I saw it 2 full times and ran up after dinner tonight to catch all but 10 minutes of it!

OK, now I definitely need to find it on YouTube!

1 minute ago, Host Jacquelyn said:

OK, now I definitely need to find it on YouTube!

I can see how it wouldn’t be everyone’s cup of tea. And I would certainly never talk someone they were wrong for not liking it or getting it. But I loved it! It makes me think, which I appreciate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Host Jacquelyn said:

I am so curious!! How bad was it, and which ship??

To me, it was just a bunch of jumping up and down.  It was better (pre-Covid) when they did the aerials, but it was, IMO, still weird.  I've seen it in whole or part around 7 times (on Anthem), so I've given it a chance, but it's still not for me.  It seems to be a love it or hate it show.  

• Haha 1

Obviously a very subjective topic. My favorite show on any RCI ship is Tap Factory, but I am a huge fan of tap dancing. My two least favorite are Voices and We Will Rock You. I have seen Voices three times on Wonder (different friends I cruised with wanted to see it) and I just don’t get it. We Will Rock You doesn’t include any songs that I would consider as a classic rock song 

10 hours ago, Host Jacquelyn said:

Just back from Liberty. Up In the Air was mind-blowing. I think it may be the best production show I have ever seen on any Royal Caribbean ship. 

Up until now, my favorite shows were the water shows on Oasis class, with the best one (IMO) being the one on Wonder. Up In the Air even surpassed those, far superior to any main-theater production show on any of the other ships I have sailed for the past 25 years. 

Which are your favorites, and why? And to those who have seen Up In The Air, what show (from which ship) do you feel was better?

So you enjoyed the Wonder aqua show more than Oasis? I haven't seen the Wonder one yet, but I just know I see a majority of people say the one on Oasis is by far  the best one, so now I'm curious! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

So you enjoyed the Wonder aqua show more than Oasis? I haven't seen the Wonder one yet, but I just know I see a majority of people say the one on Oasis is by far  the best one, so now I'm curious! 

High energy and lots of light show on Wonder with Intense Aqua show, but some don't like it since it does not have much of the original high dive display, as it was originally intended.  

Me I like it, since it is different.  Will see again very shortly, just about to leave for the port.  😉 

• Like 1

A few years back we really enjoyed Chicago - forget which ship.  A few weeks ago on Symphony we saw Hairspray and it was mediocre IMO.  Dragged on in spots and was overall too long.

Personally, I would not consider any of the musicals as production shows. They were all written outside of Royal. Except for Saturday night fever- which apparently was written for Royal. 

The production shows I would put on this list are all under one hour. 

We really enjoyed Dare to Dream on the Symphony- could be because of the great tech of it- with the cool ISS scene and the plane flying around the theater. And it’s hard to decide for best aqua show- but Hiro is one of our favorites. 

• Like 3

Mamma Mia on Allure is my favorite, but I'm biased as I've seen it 20+ times on land.  It's just a fun upbeat musical where you walk out singing the songs and are smiling.

Also loved We Will Rock You on Anthem.  Great cast when we went and it's a fun one too.  DD and I went twice.

Others worth mentioning:  The Aqua Show on Oasis was amazing.  Flight on Symphony also really well done.  And I enjoyed Hairspray on Symphony as well.  

Oh the flip side, I found Spectra's Cabaret enjoyable (as I like theatre and the actors were excellent), but "odd" is the best word I can use to describe it.

Funny as I was on Liberty and don't remember Up in the Air mentioned by OP.  Going again though in June so will watch for it.

Edited by LuCruise