Favorite Production Show on Royal Caribbean??

57 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Personally, I would not consider any of the musicals as production shows. They were all written outside of Royal. Except for Saturday night fever- which apparently was written for Royal. 

The production shows I would put on this list are all under one hour. 

We really enjoyed Dare to Dream on the Symphony- could be because of the great tech of it- with the cool ISS scene and the plane flying around the theater. And it’s hard to decide for best aqua show- but Hiro is one of our favorites. 

Isn't Saturday night fever pretty true to the movie? 

Of all the shows I have seen Aqua 80 is my absolute favorite. Got me thinking about how many I have seen.  I have liked them all and never walked out on a single one.

Chicago

Hairspray

Grease

Cats

Ocean Aria

Blue Planet

Flight

Hiro

Frozen in Time

ISkate

Ice Games

A few I can't remember the names.  Always entertained.

• Like 1

Although I did think it was a bit too long, Mamma Mia on Allure was the best I've seen in the regular theater, and it was good overall, but what made it great was the lead actress. Her voice was amazing! 

The aqua show on last May's sailing of the Allure was the best show on a ship I've ever seen period. I was not bored for a single second. 

14 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Spectra's Cabaret = LEAST favorite.

We loved it… watched it for the last (9th?) time in January. Loved Terry Lavell.

Other than this aside from Aqua shows… (not production shows) we loved Mamma Mia, Saturday Night Fever. 

Loved In the Air , but this is Circus de Soleil like show I think.

I don't even belong in this thread since I'm not a show guy and haven't seen a single Broadway show on any ship ever, lol.

Just figured I'd jump in and say the ice show on Wonder is our new favorite (ice show). Great addition of some special effects to go with the skating and music.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Isn't Saturday night fever pretty true to the movie? 

Seems like it, but as a stage show, there was one of those RCI movies that suggested the musical was done specifically for Liberty. And the movie isn’t a musical- much like how Hairspray was a movie in the 80’s before it was a musical (and movie musical). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theotherchad said:

Although I did think it was a bit too long, Mamma Mia on Allure was the best I've seen in the regular theater, and it was good overall, but what made it great was the lead actress. Her voice was amazing! 

I think the cast has a huge impact on a show. A show can be top notch one cruise, but a year later the same show may not be nearly as good because of a completely different cast. 

1 minute ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I think the cast has a huge impact on a show. A show can be top notch one cruise, but a year later the same show may not be nearly as good because of a completely different cast. 

You are so correct. I find the quality of the bands, singers and dancers to be all over the map from cruise to cruise. Our last sailing on Allure, there was a pop/rock band (wish I could remember the band name) who were absolutely fantastic with a male and a female vocalist who were on another level from most cruise ship bands I've seen. 

Even though the quality is uneven, I have always managed to find someone who was really good even if some were not up to the same standard. 

yep....beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Our favorite by far is The Book We also have enjoyed ShowGirls several times. Our least favorite by far was Hairspray.

Doug

Have always wanted to see Momma Mia, my sister did when she did a "girls weekend out".   And I have never been on Allure.   

Sooooo yesterday I booked local Allure on the 4 night... to finally sail that ship, very easy to get to being home ported (for now anyway) 20 miles from our home, and....big desire to see Momma Mia.  🙂 

15 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

So you enjoyed the Wonder aqua show more than Oasis? I haven't seen the Wonder one yet, but I just know I see a majority of people say the one on Oasis is by far  the best one, so now I'm curious! 

The aqua show on Wonder was a mostly female cast (I think the only guys were last minute replacements), and it was so refreshing seeing women playing powerful roles. The music and choreography were outstanding. I saw the one on Oasis a few times, and it was also spectacular, more like a typical aqua show. I also loved the twirling guy on Harmony. Is he still there??

Part of the reason I may also have liked the aqua show on Wonder more than other ships was because the entertainment on Wonder was so awful otherwise (besides the ice show). We sailed her only a few months after inaugural, and the only shows were Voices, a terrible comedian, and a magician we had seen the week prior. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

So you enjoyed the Wonder aqua show more than Oasis? I haven't seen the Wonder one yet, but I just know I see a majority of people say the one on Oasis is by far  the best one, so now I'm curious! 

We enjoyed the Wonder, but enjoyed the Symphony much more.