Retreat Price Drop Alert - Eclipse to Bermuda

RichYak

I'm seeing really good pricing for Retreat guarantee on Eclipse for many (maybe all) of her Bermuda sailings from Bayonne this summer. Here's one example.

eclipse.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I just snagged what I felt was a great deal on a RS (the last one available) for a TA in March 2025, was shocked at the price difference from an E-class.

• Like 2

I just priced the Iconic on the Beyond for Jan 25 and it’s 34k more than what we paid for that cruise this past January. That’s crazy for an 11 night cruise. Maybe that’s how they can offer lower fares elsewhere. 

13 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

And I didn't even know I wanted to go to Bermuda 🤣. Thanks @RichYak

I'm just sitting here spending other people's money 🤣 

I wish I could swing it this year.

• Haha 7

We love  Bermuda but driving to the port from Long Island, NY is a challenge.  Bayonne  (Cape Liberty) is  not our fav port to sail from ...other than the Sailaway views of 9-11 Teardrop Memorial, Statue of Liberty, and the Bridge.  Guess it's a tradeoff!

Still thinking about it!

22 minutes ago, hcat said:

We love  Bermuda but driving to the port from Long Island, NY is a challenge.

I mean... compared to getting to an airport, flying somewhere, staying overnight at a hotel, then getting to the port... not really much of a challenge at all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2024 at 10:21 AM, RichYak said:

I'm seeing really good pricing for Retreat guarantee on Eclipse for many (maybe all) of her Bermuda sailings from Bayonne this summer. Here's one example.

eclipse.JPG

Thank you for posting!
We are scheduled for Bermuda late May '24.
Curently in a SV.  We looked at the upgrade this a.m. and it is 'only' about $1800 total to switch to the Sky SV.  I'm almost tempted to pull the trigger - but we don't particularly care for Luminae.  So, other than a larger cabin we don't see the value on Eclipse.  We'll eat dinner in Bermuda two nights and probably book 2 Murano and 2 Tuscan, which leaves one night in MDR.  Save the $ for a new Callaway AI Smoke driver 🙂 

Edited by hasentreelake
spelling

2 hours ago, hcat said:

We love  Bermuda but driving to the port from Long Island, NY is a challenge.  Bayonne  (Cape Liberty) is  not our fav port to sail from ...other than the Sailaway views of 9-11 Teardrop Memorial, Statue of Liberty, and the Bridge.  Guess it's a tradeoff!

Still thinking about it!

Try getting to ANY cruise port from the west suburbs of Chicago. That's a challenge.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RichYak said:

I mean... compared to getting to an airport, flying somewhere, staying overnight at a hotel, then getting to the port... not really much of a challenge at all

Have you done the drive?

We  actually prefer flying to Fla from our little local airport..ISP

Staten Island/NJ  Roads  have been  vastly improved,  but the Belt Pkwy past JFK remains a nightmare! Even limos hate to go there!

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Still thinking about it!

Hi stranger🙂it has been 7 years since I sailed on X. I just booked for the May 26th Bermuda cruise and got a fabulous price on a sky suite and that is even for a solo. It would be great to see you again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hasentreelake said:

Thank you for posting!
We are scheduled for Bermuda late May '24.
Curently in a SV.  We looked at the upgrade this a.m. and it is 'only' about $1800 total to switch to the Sky SV.  I'm almost tempted to pull the trigger - but we don't particularly care for Luminae.  So, other than a larger cabin we don't see the value on Eclipse.  We'll eat dinner in Bermuda two nights and probably book 2 Murano and 2 Tuscan, which leaves one night in MDR.  Save the $ for a new Callaway AI Smoke driver 🙂 

Will you both use the driver....😉?

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Have you done the drive?

We  actually prefer flying to Fla from our little local airport..ISP

Staten Island/NJ  Roads  have been  vastly improved,  but the Belt Pkwy past JFK remains a nightmare! Even limos hate to go there!

Done it many, many times. Lived 6 years on Nassau/Suffolk border and in-laws were in NJ. Beats flying by a long shot. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Done it many, many times. Lived 6 years on Nassau/Suffolk border and in-laws were in NJ. Beats flying by a long shot. 

We live further out..Our Town owns the airport..2 yr parking pass is cheap..and we are abt 10  min away!

truthfully, we are usually in Fl for the season by the time our cruise dates roll around.

But... this itin to Bermuda is perfect.. such a nice island..and on a ship other than Summit which usually had the rte.

Lois R..would love to see you again..Hope u have a great cruise!

• Like 1

We are on the July 7 sailing. Native NYer here. I drive back & forth to LI all the time. No traffic to Bayonne if you leave early Sunday am. The later you leave, the more traffic. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi stranger🙂it has been 7 years since I sailed on X. I just booked for the May 26th Bermuda cruise and got a fabulous price on a sky suite and that is even for a solo. It would be great to see you again!

Lois who previously went by another screen name?

You were mentioned recently by a couple of us who wondered what happened to you. We met on Horizon going to Bermuda and several cruises after.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lovecruzin said:

Lois who previously went by another screen name?

You were mentioned recently by a couple of us who wondered what happened to you. We met on Horizon going to Bermuda and several cruises after.

Hi, my screen name? Been this way for years(and years)......I have been on CC for 20 years....I have used my name for maybe all of them but 1. When I first logged in I think I used my initials but I asked the moderator to change it.

Who was asking about me?

I changed cruiselines in 2017.

1 hour ago, hasentreelake said:

Hmmm.  I guess you got me on that one😁

Oddly enough....in our home and at that price, the club would move  back and forth from his golf bag to mine when it's our pertinent golf days.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi, my screen name? Been this way for years(and years)......I have been on CC for 20 years....I have used my name for maybe all of them but 1. When I first logged in I think I used my initials but I asked the moderator to change it.

Who was asking about me?

I changed cruiselines in 2017.

Tuggers? Guess a different Lois.

2 minutes ago, lovecruzin said:

Tuggers? Guess a different Lois.

Hi, that is not me and we did not have the same name. They have us confused.