Circumnavigation Around Australia

About a year or 2 ago we saw a HAL cruise circumnavigating  the continent of Australia . does HAL do that kind of cruise often  & is it available now ?  What ship would they be using ?

TIA

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

About a year or 2 ago we saw a HAL cruise circumnavigating  the continent of Australia . does HAL do that kind of cruise often  & is it available now ?  What ship would they be using ?

TIA

Did you look at HAL's website? A quick search there will show you the answer. I found it less than a minute. Usually going straight to the source is the best option. 

Screenshot_20240303_103333_Chrome.jpg

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I was on the Noordam 2022 Circumnavigation and it was amazing.  Every stop was so interesting and fun.  Of course the heat was something you had to beware of.  In Broome

it was over 100F, and when I returned to the ship, a cool shower was needed.  We missed Komodo Is. due to some ship mix up.     In Freemantle I got off the ship, walked along the dock to the ticket office, and took a ferry to Rotte Is.  Most amazing day.  The quakas (little marsupables ) not rats, everywhere and so cute.  Bus trip around island and only wished I could have stayed longer to try out fabulous snorkeling sites.  You see more of Australia than locals.

Kate    (please excuse my spelling, no coffee this morning yet)   

• Like 3

Of course you are unlikely to find that voyage starting and ending in San Diego. I think you may find a "Grand Voyage" that does.

I believe that @richwmn is on that voyage right now and posting on a thread about it. Also likely to be found with very little effort.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Of course you are unlikely to find that voyage starting and ending in San Diego. I think you may find a "Grand Voyage" that does.

I believe that @richwmn is on that voyage right now and posting on a thread about it. Also likely to be found with very little effort.

This is not for us but a friend who lives in Calgary  . I could do this cruise but my wife can not fly is the problem  We have done a Trans Pacific to Sydney from San Diego in 2015 & then flew back to SD .Now my DW has a kneee problem & she can not get a knee replacement . 

Cliff

Circumnavigations of Australia from Sydney must be popular, I found a bunch of them. Scope out Holland America's competition:

Queen Elizabeth for 30 nights starting 10/18/24

Oceania's Regatta on December 22, 2024 for 34 nights

31 nights on Viking Venus starting 1.20.25

31 nights Viking Orion on December 30, 2025 and February 27, 2026

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, whogo said:

Circumnavigations of Australia from Sydney must be popular, I found a bunch of them. Scope out Holland America's competition:

yes this cruise is amazing . We sent the information to our friends in Calgary Canada . Wish we could do this cruise but health issues prevent it for us 

Last year we did a circumnavigation of Australia on HAL's Noordam.  The itinerary is about the same as the one posted by strobe1.  We started in San Diego and did a 34 day South Pacific cruise to Sydney where we started the circumnavigation.  The Westerdam is a midsized sister ship of the Noordam.   Both are very nice ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whogo said:

You should add Princess, who has been doing that type of cruise for many years.  Unlike the other US based lines, Princess has based a ship in Australia for many years.  They even had to alter some of their policies (such as tipping) to make their cruises more Aussie-friendly,

Hank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, whogo said:

wow they all look interesting but I can't be gone for more than 17 days so I will have to pass but thanks for the list of opportunities I will have to so hard no too. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Hlitner said:

You should add Princess...

Crown Princess sails for 28 nights departing October 26, 2024 on an all Australia itinerary.

Other Princess circumnavigations are available.

Edited by whogo
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, whogo said:

Crown Princess sails for 28 nights departing October 26, 2024 on an all Australia itinerary.

Other Princess circumnavigations are available.

Interesting its an all Australia route. When we sailed from Perth to Sydney "around the top" we had a stop in Indonesia. We were told they had to, according to their laws. It was on the old Sun Princess, which was based in Australia. Maybe that has something to do with it.

12 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

It is there, Cliff: 35-day Sydney to Sydney sailing 17 Nov '24 (or start in Seattle on 24 October for 58 days) on the Westerdam. No similar cruise in 2025. Hoping for 2026!

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/find-a-cruise/p4h35a/w472

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/find-a-cruise/p4s58a/w470a

15 hours ago, cruising Katie said:

I was on the Noordam 2022 Circumnavigation and it was amazing.  Every stop was so interesting and fun.  Of course the heat was something you had to beware of.  In Broome

it was over 100F,

It was amazing wasn’t it? We were gutted to have missed the  Komodo dragons but enjoyed PNG. 

As you mentioned the weather could be an issue due to the heat and humidity but we would do it again in a heartbeat. We loved the Noordam and often see her in New Zealand when she visits Timaru or Port Chalmers. 

We did the 30-day Australia circumnavigation back in 2018, which included going to Komodo Island, on the Maasdam when they still had the In Depth EXC program that included 4-6 professional lectures on sea days! I have to say that was one of our all-time favorite wildlife cruises. Its too bad the In Depth EXC program went by the wayside shortly afterwards.

image.thumb.png.c41b842ca15109e9cb03870487ac57a7.png

• Thanks 1