3 passengers in balcony room on Emerald Princess

Keep in mind that your bid may not be accepted until closer to your cruise date.  You could bid higher in hopes they pick your offer.  Are you okay with booking a balcony with drop down bed or roll away if bid isn't accepted. Roll away might have to be stored in your cabin. 

Third person occupancy is also limited to life boat capacity.  If your muster station has met its numbers...then they will limit rooms to double occupancy.

Have you considered changing to a ship that has a mini available?

• Like 1

I had posted in a princess thread and someone suggested putting the mattress from the overhead cot on the floor. Do you see a problem with that?

It depends on cost of mini suite. Some seem quite expensive.

2 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

I had posted in a princess thread and someone suggested putting the mattress from the overhead cot on the floor. Do you see a problem with that?

That could definitely work if you don’t mind sleeping on the floor. You can always ask for an extra comforter for more padding. The advantage with this plan is that the bedding can all go back in the bunk and get put up during the day so it’s out of the way. You may have solved your problem!

I think it is asking a lot of your room steward to remove the mattress from the drop down bed and replace it every day.  

1.  Take down bed

2.  Remove mattress

3.  Reset bed

Repeat in reverse order.

Mattresses are not light weight and are bulky.  It might be too difficult for the steward to do this daily.  Maybe at the start of the cruise and at the end (and leave the mattress down the entire cruise).  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

I hope nobody steps on yours 

6 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I think i'll say i'm heavy so they give me a roll away bed. I am pretty heavy, just not 250 pounds.

Currently, website says all balconies sold out. You might want to consider ocean view for parents & inside for yourself. …maybe both nearly same as balcony and you all will be much happier. ….especially if you are not a child.

9 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

For the sept 17 sailings, balconies aren’t sold out, ocean view is. I’m not looking for judgement.

How about options ?

8 hours ago, CU64 said:

Currently, website says all balconies sold out. You might want to consider ocean view for parents & inside for yourself. …maybe both nearly same as balcony and you all will be much happier. ….especially if you are not a child.

The offer they are seeking to use is third person in cabin sails free.  So wouldn’t work for two cabins.  EM

8 hours ago, latebuyer said:

For the sept 17 sailings, balconies aren’t sold out, ocean view is. I’m not looking for judgement.

Older and experienced cruisers covet the window suits so always expect that they are sold out unless you book when the cruise is first announced or you are lucky and find one just after it was cancelled.  They usually are less $$$ than the minis but have the same room.  

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

Older and experienced cruisers covet the window suits so always expect that they are sold out unless you book when the cruise is first announced or you are lucky and find one just after it was cancelled.  They usually are less $$$ than the minis but have the same room.  

We've never seen window suites less $$$ than mini suites. 

Is this new?

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

We've never seen window suites less $$$ than mini suites. 

Is this new?

Window suites are fared more than mini-suites, but less than Reserved Mini-suites.  This is only for the Caribbean and Grand (S7).  Window Suites (S5) on the Royal Class ships are much more expensive.

Might be a little late to respond to OP but our finicky lol DD (20) has cruised with us many times and the princess actually loves the Pullman bed so I you might find it quite comfy. 

For our upcoming May cruise, we have a mini suite, and she opted for the Pullman over the couch.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I think it is asking a lot of your room steward to remove the mattress from the drop down bed and replace it every day.  

1.  Take down bed

2.  Remove mattress

3.  Reset bed

Repeat in reverse order.

Mattresses are not light weight and are bulky.  It might be too difficult for the steward to do this daily.  Maybe at the start of the cruise and at the end (and leave the mattress down the entire cruise).  

I think asking that of a steward is asking a lot

• Thanks 1

And I don't think putting the mattress on the floor is a deal breaker but I would suggest that you, instead of asking the steward, move the mattress to and fro daily.

Bottom line is i think you will have multi options so I, imho, wouldn't abandon the cruise because of the sleeping situation.

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Window suites are fared more than mini-suites, but less than Reserved Mini-suites.  This is only for the Caribbean and Grand (S7).  Window Suites (S5) on the Royal Class ships are much more expensive.

There was no mention of Reserve Collection, that's why I questioned the comment. 

21 hours ago, latebuyer said:

I think i'll say i'm heavy so they give me a roll away bed. I am pretty heavy, just not 250 pounds.

I don’t think there will be any floor space for a rollaway in a standard balcony cabin, heavy or not, it just won’t fit.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Is it feasible to sleep on a lounger?

We have a friend who took an air mattress and slept on the balcony every night. He loved it. Very itinerary limited though. He did it on a full passage in the old locks of the Panama Canal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

We have a friend who took an air mattress and slept on the balcony every night. He loved it. Very itinerary limited though. He did it on a full passage in the old locks of the Panama Canal.

An air mattress is another good thought. There was an entire thread about that just in the last week from someone planning to bring an air mattress and wondering if it would fit because they didn't want to use the sofa bed. So an additional option for the OP to consider.

On 3/4/2024 at 11:04 AM, latebuyer said:

Unfortunately, Emerald Princess doesn't have deluxe balconies and as i'm the 3rd person i'm concerned i don't get stuck on one of those upper bunks. It says in the description there is a permanent roll away bed. Does anyone know if that is a roll way bed on the floor? We are not ready to book yet so not contacting a travel agent yet so thought i'd post here. It is 3rd person free on the cruise we are looking at.

OP is looking at a voyage on the Emerald Princess.  Doesn't say which itinerary.  The Emerald does not have window suites nor deluxe balconies. If OP is set on a balcony cabin, options will be very limited for 3 passengers.  

At this point, OP would best be served by an EXPERIENCED Travel Agent.  

Good Luck