when was lysol spray banned?

I just got off the Spirit and my lysol spray was taken from our carry on at embarkation.  They said it was a new rule.  I've always carried lysol in my carry on before.  They said lysol wipes were allowed.  Don't understand why I can bring on a can of hair spray, but not lysol.  Just wondered when this new rule began.   

Thanks for the heads up, I have always brought a mini Lysol spray with me when cruising.  I will be sure to get the wipes this next time around.  I don't see the logic either.

• Like 2

While I was sitting with others waiting to embark someone said that the minis were okay.  Mine was just a regular size spray can. I tried to look it up on the Carnival website, but really didn't see where it was banned.   

39 minutes ago, cacruisin said:

Thanks for the heads up, I have always brought a mini Lysol spray with me when cruising.  I will be sure to get the wipes this next time around.  I don't see the logic either.

I took the mini's on a couple of months ago and was told those were ok. I took 5 with me (we had three rooms).

• Thanks 1

Is Lysol cleaning spray flammable?

Is Lysol Flammable? Everything You Need To Know

Lysol is flammable when dry: Once the Lysol spray dries on a surface, it can become flammable. Therefore, it's essential to avoid spraying Lysol near heat sources or onto hot surfaces. Lysol aerosol is flammable: The propellant used in Lysol aerosol cans is highly flammable.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I definitely used to bring a can before I started flying to cruises. And actually I'm sure I bought a can to bring on in Fort Lauderdale 2019. But after that I started bringing the wipes. I take them out of the big round canister and put them in a large zip lock bag to save space in the suitcase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

I took my full size bottle in late January on the Jubilee with no problem 🤷‍♀️ I wonder if the air freshener too. We NEED that for the restroom

Brind a solid air freshener

Edited by simplelife
  • Like 1

Wonder what the flammable part is, the propellant? If wipes are okay, it makes me think it's the propellant. But hairspray has a propellant. Just curious. 

1 hour ago, MEUB1112 said:

Wonder what the flammable part is, the propellant? If wipes are okay, it makes me think it's the propellant. But hairspray has a propellant. Just curious. 

See Post#5

• Like 1

12 hours ago, babygrljaz said:

I took my full size bottle in late January on the Jubilee with no problem 🤷‍♀️ I wonder if the air freshener too. We NEED that for the restroom

Bring Poo Pourri.  It eliminates the need for air freshener and it is much smaller to carry on.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I thought hairspray was flammable.

It is, and the propellant used with shaving cream is often butane. My guess is Carnival knows they can't run a hotel and not allow folks to bring their hairspray or shaving cream. But they can ban things they guests shouldn't need like lysol spray. Cuts down on some of the fire risk at least.

• Like 3

I never brought for odor purposes, I bring for germs....I spray door handle going in and then all surfaces before anyone puts anything down or touches anything.  Especially things like the TV remote and bathroom counter etc.  But I do bring Poo Pourri for the bathroom too.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I thought hairspray was flammable.

It is. But I think while Carnival (and other cruise lines) want to minimize the risk of fire, they have to pick their battles. Therefore, hairspray is allowed, but not spray disinfectant. Blow dryers and curling irons are allowed, but not coffeemakers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stowaway LFC said:

What about small cans of bug repellant for an Alaska cruise? Are those allowed?

I always bring bug stray and haven't had any issues to date.

• Like 1