The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday March 7th, 2024

kazu

First of all Happy Birthday to @RedneckBob , I wonder what rednecks do on their birthday ?

Thank you all for the good wishes after a little birdie from Victoria , named Ann @Vict0riann told you about our 55 years of Wedded Bliss ( which according to Mrs Google means : The Happiness experienced by people who are married !  )  

It is unbelievable that it has already been 55 years , Time flies and I think the love for each other, the love we have received from our children , friends and family and the time we have spend at sea on Dam ships have enriched our lives a lot ! 

Just a couple of pictures out of the old shoe box of the big day ! 

image.thumb.jpeg.805127dd3414fd54ee07aa8ebde5f3b1.jpeg

image.jpeg.6025b442461fd6937ff1225d6d10568a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0e9ceeab14d92b4739b2908bdd6bd198.jpeg

Tony and Martha 😍😍

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

First of all Happy Birthday to @RedneckBob , I wonder what rednecks do on their birthday ?

Thank you all for the good wishes after a little birdie from Victoria , named Ann @Vict0riann told you about our 55 years of Wedded Bliss ( which according to Mrs Google means : The Happiness experienced by people who are married !  )  

It is unbelievable that it has already been 55 years , Time flies and I think the love for each other, the love we have received from our children , friends and family and the time we have spend at sea on Dam ships have enriched our lives a lot ! 

Tony and Martha 😍😍

Thanks sailing ducky.

Let’s say beer is involved!

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I still have the cup one of my aunties gave me 30 years ago.

Written on it is

Old Golfers Never Die They Just Lose Their Drive.😃

Are you talking about golf or p-ing.

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Prayers for Lauren.  I hope she can be very kept very comfortable  in Hospice 🙏. Cancer is so cruel 😢 

6 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Prayers for everyone on our list and please add my friend and prior colleague Lauren and her family, who has a recurrence of a very aggressive cancer and has begun hospice care.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sailingdutchy said:

Tony and Martha 😍😍

Lovely photos.

Thank you for sharing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone from a cool rainy Boston.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Thank you Mr. Bell for your invention that we can’t live without.  No name tags necessary here.  Not sure what to make of the quote.  The meal and drink suggestions sound very good.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our list and please add my friend and prior colleague Lauren and her family, who has a recurrence of a very aggressive cancer and has begun hospice care.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today! Happy Birthday to @RedneckBob🍾

Prayers 🙏 for your friend Lauren and her family.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'll salute all 3 days, especially Alexander Graham Bell. Interesting quote. I like the meal, maybe on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Luderitz. 2 good days in history.

Well, I see the update to my iPad (17.4), broke the formatting for copying and pasting the Cares List. I did some editing, but wasn't up to fixing it all. Hopefully resolved soon, since I post the Cares List from bed, not my PC. It's cloudy here and 49F. Yesterday I felt increasingly less well with head congestion and a bit of a cough. I did a Covid test (negative then and again today). So I didn't go to pick up my friends at the airport last night with BFF. I haven't been sick since late 2019/early 2020 after my Panama Canal cruise, where I had a prolonged cold/cough (in retrospect I wondered about Covid). I took Nyquil and went to bed early, and got over 6 hours of sleep. Some pain on awakening, but gone quickly. I feel fair today, mostly head congestion, so I'll just rest and maybe nap later. I'll decide about cancelling PT tomorrow this afternoon.

@RedneckBob Happy Birthday! I have my sources 🕵️‍♀️!

@Seasick Sailor Sorry Allen is in so much pain. I hope he takes the muscle relaxer as that may help.

@StLouisCruisers Prayers for your Great nephew's twins. And thanks for sharing the sweet photo of Elliott Rose. 

@kazu Definitely sounds like a stay inside day.

@MISTER 67 Enjoy the new living quarters!

@Mr. Boston Prayers for comfort for you friend Lauren with the aggressive cancer.

@rafinmd Thanks for the maps. I like your meal too. I am a big chilled fruit soup fan.

@marshhawk Your former Derm guy sounds like a gem. Too bad he moved away. 

@Sir PMP Thanks for the photos.

@Mtn2Sea Wonderful photos.

@RMLincoln Prayers that all goes well for DH at the eye doctor visit.

@ger_77 Good news that Wayne is now home and feeling better. I'm glad you got the meclizine from Pat @57redbird.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Nice Lüderitz/Kolmanskop photos.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm sorry you have a cold and a cough and were unable to go with BFF to pick up your friends at the airport.  I'm glad you are feeling better today, and that you got six hours of sleep.  I hope you feel well soon.  I'm sorry about the iPad update mess.  I quit using my iPad and switched to a android tablet when an iPad update wiped out my pictures, and then wouldn't reload them correctly.  

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Happy Anniversary @sailingdutchy Tony and Martha!

I heard jackhammering outside, and now no water! Also I haven’t been able to nap, so just chillin’. 

Yikes Vanessa 😱. As if things weren’t bad enough 😢 

It would be very hard to nap with no hot water 😞. Is there a websit you can check?  Maybe it’s short term?  At least I sure hope so.  🤞 

• Like 5

Good day! It’s a monsoon rainy day in Cairns, Australia. Cunard’s Queen Victoria just joined us.

As mentioned in a late post yesterday we have the option of ending our cruise in Dubai but we have elected to stay onboard. By avoiding the Red Sea we will sail around Africa for 34 days with five brief stops along the was for fuel. Going to be different with few guest on board but we can adapt to this. Even if half the world voyagers stay on it would be less then a hundred guest on board. Our regular schedule will resume in Venice.

Our plans for the day have been washed out so we’ll see what New Guinea has to offer after tomorrow’s sea day. Our White Night party was brought indoors but it didn’t hinder folks from having a blast.

Whether due to rain or whatever our internet is slow today.

Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.f8b68a84c89d1397f1084cd0dda1a56f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1fefb5d9534b0d846efbbfc00c6489c3.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Yikes Vanessa 😱. As if things weren’t bad enough 😢 

It would be very hard to nap with no hot water 😞. Is there a websit you can check?  Maybe it’s short term?  At least I sure hope so.  🤞 

My next door neighbor said late tonight for the water To be back on. They were delayed earlier trying to find the owner of a vehicle that was in their way. On a good note, I got an hour nap in. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

My next door neighbor said late tonight for the water To be back on. They were delayed earlier trying to find the owner of a vehicle that was in their way. On a good note, I got an hour nap in. 

YAY on the water coming back on and an even bigger yay for your nap 🙂. Glad to hear both 👍 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Good day! It’s a monsoon rainy day in Cairns, Australia. Cunard’s Queen Victoria just joined us.

As mentioned in a late post yesterday we have the option of ending our cruise in Dubai but we have elected to stay onboard.

I’d stay on board rather than fly home from Dubai, too 😉 

By avoiding the Red Sea we will sail around Africa for 34 days with five brief stops along the was for fuel. Going to be different with few guest on board but we can adapt to this. Even if half the world voyagers stay on it would be less then a hundred guest on board. Our regular schedule will resume in Venice.

I just hope that the ship gets enough supplies to continue to treat all of you well remaining on board.  Actually, this is could be a very special experience IF it’s done right but the poor crew will may be worn out (or maybe not with so many less passengers?) 

image.thumb.jpeg.1fefb5d9534b0d846efbbfc00c6489c3.jpeg

She reminds me of the Prinsendam a bit.  Alas no bridge “wings” (outside)

• Like 3

Just coming up for air. But good things have been happening and they are happening fast. And I am sure it is thanks to all of your prayers and well wishes. 

Now that my Sister has been on her regular meds for a few days, she has energy and is feeling a well enough to have a great PT session. In fact her daughter and I believe that it has been four - five years since she moved this well! Granted she is using a walker, but is moving at a fast pace! Her PT guru thinks she maybe ready to move to a rehab facility soon. And maybe ready to go home within two weeks of moving to rehab!

Her hospital Doc wrote discharge orders & her case worker referred her case to several rehab facilities. One sent a rep to visit her today. And a second will be sending reps tomorrow.  We did some preliminary research and two rose to the top of the list. I will be touring them on her behalf tomorrow. One is in Saint Augustine. The other is between Saint Augustine & Jacksonville.  Both have excellent reviews. One even has a mock up kitchen and laundry area so she could really practice life skills. 

I will be touring the facilities tomorrow. One already sent a rep to visit with her and the second one is sending reps to visit with her tomorrow. 

We don’t expect her to go tomorrow. But possibly Monday. Her PT guru wants to make sure that today was not a fluke. I certainly hope it wasn’t. 

For the first time since her emergency surgery, we all have hope - even my Sister. 

Ann

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3