LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

37 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Question for readers: are the videos coming through okay on your end? They just spin if I click on one. 

No problems here.  And thanks for all you've done.  We're on Sun in October and you have answered many of our concerns.

On 3/9/2024 at 11:40 AM, c-boy said:

aw shoot there's a survaillence camera, no laundry room board meetings 😁

Is there only one laundry room?  And only two machines?  For ship this size I would home more rooms/machines!  I can’t see any on deck plans

9 minutes ago, DELLA1955 said:

Is there only one laundry room?  And only two machines?  For ship this size I would home more rooms/machines!  I can’t see any on deck plans

The deck plan shows laundry rooms like this on every deck from 9 through 16.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

Riding the aft glass elevators from the Wake View Terrace to deck 18. It’s kind of odd that anyone can take the elevator and exit in the middle of the Sanctuary. 

Yeah, that sounds sketchy.  How will Sanctuary staff be able to manage/restrict entry?  @CanadianBurger if you have a chance, would you please ask about this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2024 at 12:11 PM, kj_connections said:

@CanadianBurger Hello fellow Torontonian!  Thank you for the photos and info!  I was wondering if you have time to post photos of the kids clubs?  I have only seen artist rendered depictions and no live pictures.  Do you know if the Neon Grove is supervised by staff? Thanks in advance

In one of the earlier posts of this thread there was a picture of the youth activities info, and it did say that Neon Grove is supervised by staff. 

• Like 1

Yes,  I had wondered if those AFT elevators might be more restricted...

Many of the Suites, the Signature Lounge, The Signature Sun Deck, etc...

are located AFT.   

I am not going 'Signature',  but I would check them out once, just for the view and novelty!!!

Hi! Thank you for all of your amazing posts, photos, and videos.

Can you confirm if there is an arcade (or a space that will be one) onboard, and if so take some pictures? This is a huge selling point for our teenager. 

1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

Question for readers: are the videos coming through okay on your end? They just spin if I click on one. 

Yes. I can see your videos. Thank you for all the content you are posting!

Posted (edited)

Now I am wanting to do the math.....

Current occupancy 3861.

Ships occupancy 4300.

That leaves about 440 guests,  possible workers, entertainers, VIP, etc...

From what we are reading/seeing here...  I get the feeling that the ship is not feeling packed, except for the main 7:00 - 7:30 dinner hour, when everybody seems to want to dine.

Edited by Wishing on a star

On 3/10/2024 at 9:22 AM, CanadianBurger said:

Castell de Bellver was worth the stop for the stunning views. I was expecting a fee to go in, but there was none. 

The admission fee is waived on Sundays:

OPENING HOURS AND PRICES

Ticket sales at the Visitors Reception Centre situated in the Parking area until 45' before the closing time. 

Last entrance to the castle: 30 minutes before the gates close.

Tel. 971 735 065

ARPRIL to SEPTEMBER:
Monday: CLOSED - Tuesday to Saturday: 10am. To 7pm. - Sundays and bank holidays: 10am. To 3pm.

OCTOBER to MARCH: 
Monday: CLOSED - Tuesday to Saturday: 10am. To 6 pm. - Sundays and bank holidays: 10am. To 3pm.

•  Notes:
  •  Closed: 25/12, 1/1, 1/5 and Easter Sunday.
  • Visiting hours can be modified due to concerts or official events organized by the Palma City Council.

PRICES

• 1. GENERAL 4€
  • 2. REDUCED FEE 2€
    • Pensioners, students, aged between 14 and 18, youth card, public institutions 
    • Certified cultural groups (3)
  • 3. PALMA CITIZENS 2.50€
  • 4. TRAVEL AGENCIES: 2, 50 € (1)
  • 5. FREE ADMISSION:
    • Sundays
    • Aged under 14
    • School groups and scholar groups with a tutor (2)
    • Pensioners and disabled associations (3, 4)
    • ICOM and professional educators and teachers (3)

(1) Travel agencies tickets can be bought in advance to the Visitors Reception Centre situated in the parking place of the castle. Ext. 3935. 

(2) The group must present at the box office (Visitors Reception Centre) an original certificate with the name of pupils and teachers, stamped by their educational institution, to obtain free entrance tickets.

(3) Accreditation required. 

(4) A minimum of 5 people is required for a group fee. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Pixelskaya said:

7:30 doesn’t even count as dinner time for us 😂 More like 9:30, but Princess won’t let us book a table then 🥲

Just curious… When people eat this late at night what time do they go to sleep after having a heavy meal? I could do that, but the people that I usually cruise with would not do that. 

• Like 1

This is from another poster that is live on the sun this week March 9. Perhaps the platinum and full suite passengers have their hors d’oeuvres located in another venue? So far I just see elite benefits. But maybe they’re just calling it the elite lounge and you may attend if you’re elite, platinum ,or full suite?? Maybe a platinum person/ passenger onboard The Sun will chime in. I would  assume the full suites have their own concierge lounge.  Someone was just asking where the platinum passengers go for lounge access in the evening.IMG_0083.jpeg.702e7270651dbe8613fdfed854ff30f0.jpeg

From looking at photographs of the Sun Princess, it appears the all balconies are at least partially covered by the deck above or in the case of Cabana Mini suites, some other covering.. I need to be sure that standard Mini-suites are covered and not open to the world as you would find on Dolphin Deck (9) of the Grand class ships.  I believe I am correct, but don't want to give someone incorrect information.. could someone onboard please verify..   Hope you are all having a fabulous cruise.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

We headed back up and forward to the Reserve dining room. The motion was far less apparent here. There were still twenty people in line, so we sat at the bar at Wheelhouse to pass the time with a drink. Once the line subsided, I checked in with the hostess who said she would get us from the bar when a table was ready. We were finally seated about 8:20. 

IMG_2622.thumb.jpeg.e5aca3711bc49707016673cbfe84284e.jpeg

IMG_2623.thumb.jpeg.0a485d033594e23b2d3d7e0c238f28a0.jpeg

IMG_2624.thumb.jpeg.da174ab83361aa7cbc03d677517edf62.jpeg

No salmon on the Princess Favorites menu?

Sorry, I completely forgot to take photos of the food, but the both the haddock and the veal were excellent. Tender and tasty. I do remember the veal was not on the menu at Horizons. 

We had a conversation with the headwaiter about some of my favorites being conspicuously absent from the menu. He said there have been lots of complaints from both the Reserve and Horizons dining rooms. There is no more French Onion soup, no more fettuccine Alfredo, and there will be only one soufflé offered, a chocolate one on the second formal night. Princess wanted to change up the dining. I miss my old favorites. 

One souffle for the whole cruise? 😡

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

Yes,  I had wondered if those AFT elevators might be more restricted...

Many of the Suites, the Signature Lounge, The Signature Sun Deck, etc...

are located AFT.   

I am not going 'Signature',  but I would check them out once, just for the view and novelty!!!

in order to gain entrance to the signature lounge you will need a medallion/card coded to unlock the door. If you and I were onboard at the same time, I would gladly give you a tour.

Edited by c-boy
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Just curious… When people eat this late at night what time do they go to sleep after having a heavy meal? I could do that, but the people that I usually cruise with would not do that. 

Spaniards are party people. THey eat late, stay up late. But dinner isn't as heavy as we are used to. Its usually lighter than lunch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, c-boy said:

in order to gain entrance to the signature lounge you will need a medallion coded to unlock the door.

Can you confirm it will be with the medallion and not the card as in the Royal Class ships?

On 3/8/2024 at 7:25 AM, Esprit said:

Looking forward to seeing your pic's and videos of the ship (but not of loads of food dishes!🙄

I dunno - I like seeing the pics of food along with everything else!