Go Green Program

Kmangel

I heard about this program here at Cruise Critic and thought I would give it a try.  I think we have participated three times in total, but have only been credited the extra points one time.  The first time I signed up was in June 2023.  The service was the same as normal but we didn't get any extra points.  The second time I signed up was for an October Spain and Portugal cruise.  The service again was like normal but our Captain Club points were double so Celebrity had honored our Go Green request.  Then we took a January cruise and this time we definitely were on the Go Green Program.  The cabin attendant asked us if we wanted the room cleaned morning or evening.  We chose morning and that is the only time he entered our cabin.  No refreshing of towels or emptying our trash in the evening or chocolates on our pillow or room turned down at night.  The attendant was in our cabin once a day and I thought to myself that this service should definitely be considered as being part of the Go Green Program.  I have read here on Cruise Critic most people can't see any difference in service with the Go Green Program, but we sure could on this particular cruise.  We definitely earned the extra Go Green points on this cruise but Celebrity is refusing to award them to us.

I have contacted Customer Service three times and this most recent time (today) was told if I have no proof (email from Celebrity of being on the program) then I am not eligible for the extra points. Curious that the room attendant knew we signed up for the Go Green Program but Celebrity has no clue.

Well, if Celebrity is not going to honor their side of things (award points) then we will never sign up for Go Green again.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kmangel said:

I heard about this program here at Cruise Critic and thought I would give it a try.  I think we have participated three times in total, but have only been credited the extra points one time.  The first time I signed up was in June 2023.  The service was the same as normal but we didn't get any extra points.  The second time I signed up was for an October Spain and Portugal cruise.  The service again was like normal but our Captain Club points were double so Celebrity had honored our Go Green request.  Then we took a January cruise and this time we definitely were on the Go Green Program.  The cabin attendant asked us if we wanted the room cleaned morning or evening.  We chose morning and that is the only time he entered our cabin.  No refreshing of towels or emptying our trash in the evening or chocolates on our pillow or room turned down at night.  The attendant was in our cabin once a day and I thought to myself that this service should definitely be considered as being part of the Go Green Program.  I have read here on Cruise Critic most people can't see any difference in service with the Go Green Program, but we sure could on this particular cruise.  We definitely earned the extra Go Green points on this cruise but Celebrity is refusing to award them to us.

I have contacted Customer Service three times and this most recent time (today) was told if I have no proof (email from Celebrity of being on the program) then I am not eligible for the extra points. Curious that the room attendant knew we signed up for the Go Green Program but Celebrity has no clue.

Well, if Celebrity is not going to honor their side of things (award points) then we will never sign up for Go Green again.

OK

Posted (edited)

I have signed up for Go Green for our January 2024 Ascent, February 2024 Beyond, August 2024 Edge and 2026 Xcel sailings. 

Didn't get the Ascent points, just got the Beyond points this week when the regular cruise points were credited. I called the Captains club and spoke to someone and explained the issue. He put in to get the Ascent points. That was last Saturday so I’ll give them a little time before so call back. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

1 minute ago, mac_tlc said:

I have signed up for Go Green for our January 2024 Ascent, February 3024 Beyond, August 2024 Edge and 3036 Xcel sailings. 

Didn't get the Ascent points, just got the Beyond points this week when the regular cruise points were credited. I called the Captains club and spoke to someone and explained the issue. He put in to get the Ascent points. That was last Saturday so I’ll give them a little time before so call back. 

mac_tlc

If they credit you points for 3024 and 3036 please let me know, I'll have a phone call to make...😅

5 minutes ago, Liao said:

If they credit you points for 3024 and 3036 please let me know, I'll have a phone call to make...😅

Duh! 

post has been edited !!!! 

• Haha 3

Just now, mac_tlc said:

Duh! 

post has been edited !!!! 

welcome to my club, I am the president so you can be the vp

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I have signed up for Go Green for our January 2024 Ascent, February 2024 Beyond, August 2024 Edge and 2026 Xcel sailings. 

mac_tlc

I was missing them for a recent cruise.  I called, they said to give it up to 2 weeks.  They did eventually show up (about a week give or take a few days).  They said sometimes it doesn't get to the ship, so now I'll check each cruise.  And I've never noticed a difference.

On our last cruises on the Ascent (Feb 4-18) we did the "Go Green" and got the service but not the points. We should have received 40 points each week instead of 35 (for Aqua Class), but they gave us 75 for each week!  I have decided not to point out that we didn't get our 40 points, until which time they ever correct it...

18 hours ago, Kmangel said:

Is it normal to get an email confirmation when signing up for Go Green? I've signed up for two upcoming cruises and not had any confirmation, but posts I've seen here led me to believe I would still be enrolled. So it sounds like they don't send out email confirmations, but then are sometimes refusing to award points without "proof" it's impossible to have?

Have others gotten email confirmations? Should I ask my stateroom attendant to write something out for me?

4 hours ago, Andy_P said:

On our last cruises on the Ascent (Feb 4-18) we did the "Go Green" and got the service but not the points. We should have received 40 points each week instead of 35 (for Aqua Class), but they gave us 75 for each week!  I have decided not to point out that we didn't get our 40 points, until which time they ever correct it...

You got your Go Green, plus double points.  2*35 = 70 plus 5 = 75.  The Go Greens are not doubled.  We had the same thing with a week on \the Apex. 

• Like 1

I can't find how many CC Points you get for each category of room.  We always just book the prime verandas on the Solstice class bump-outs.  Are points per cruise or days?  Our cruise next month is 16 nights (17 days). I assume you CC level is irrelevant. 

Thanks for any info - we need to decide soon on the Go Green.

5 minutes ago, pbrady said:

I can't find how many CC Points you get for each category of room.  We always just book the prime verandas on the Solstice class bump-outs.  Are points per cruise or days?  Our cruise next month is 16 nights (17 days). I assume you CC level is irrelevant. 

It’s one extra night of points.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, pbrady said:

2 points for inside and ocean view.  That’s total.  Not per day.  Length of cruise doesn’t matter.  Similar point structure for the other classes of stateroom.  3 points for verandah, 5 for Concierge, etc

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 3:38 PM, Kmangel said:

I sign up on every cruise and have never received any sort of written confirmation. I’m board day, you can go to guest services and sign up there and there is no email or paperwork involved. Whoever was asking you for a written confirmation does not understand how the program works.

1 hour ago, pbrady said:

I always sail in a Verandah cabin.  The one time I did get the Go Green Points I received 54 points for a 9 night cruise.  Without the Go Green program I would have received 27 points.  

So far no response back from Celebrity about our missing points.  

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

2 points for inside and ocean view.  That’s total.  Not per day.  Length of cruise doesn’t matter.  Similar point structure for the other classes of stateroom.  3 points for verandah, 5 for Concierge, etc

No.  It is 2 points per night in inside and ocean view.  3 points for Verandah per night and 5 for AQ and Concierge.  So 5 nights in a balcony would be 15 points plus 1 extra point (i believe per night for go green for a total of 20 points.  

If it were 3 points for Verandah regardless of the number of nights it would take 100 cruises to get to elite and 1000 cruises to get to Zenith.  I think at one point, points where awarded per cruise regardless of length but that was a while ago.  

CC points.PNG

1 hour ago, Kmangel said:

I always sail in a Verandah cabin.  The one time I did get the Go Green Points I received 54 points for a 9 night cruise.  Without the Go Green program I would have received 27 points.  

So far no response back from Celebrity about our missing points.  

Were you solo on that cruise because points would have been doubled.  My understanding is go green is 1 per night and isn't doubled even if solo and regardless of your category.  I think during covid opening they may have increased the bonus because they were really trying to encourage people to not have the cabin attendant inside the cabins as much as possible.  

My understanding is that for a 9 night cruise with go green, with 2 or more in a cabin you would get, 27 points +9 =36  or if solo 54+ 9=63

3 minutes ago, tschwa2 said:

Were you solo on that cruise because points would have been doubled.  My understanding is go green is 1 per night and isn't doubled even if solo and regardless of your category.  I think during covid opening they may have increased the bonus because they were really trying to encourage people to not have the cabin attendant inside the cabins as much as possible.  

My understanding is that for a 9 night cruise with go green, with 2 or more in a cabin you would get, 27 points +9 =36  or if solo 54+ 9=63