Currently on Silhouette very bad experience

avp1234

10 hours ago, Roxie888 said:

Look at post #115

Funny 😉 the OP did not mention this at all while she was still on board and wrote about every detail elaborately. Only this small side mention at a time when they were already back home… and no downgrading or anything else you mentioned.

Anyhow, to me there‘s too much panicking and drama in all of this. But yeah, I get that some people have health phobias… 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, diesel1973 said:

They magically found an empty room.

These are the rooms I was referring to. All cruise lines have this policy of extra rooms. It might even be a SOLAS requirement for all we know. 

5 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Funny 😉 the OP did not mention this at all while she was still on board and wrote about every detail elaborately. Only this small side mention at a time when they were already back home… and no downgrading or anything else you mentioned.

Anyhow, to me there‘s too much panicking and drama in all of this. But yeah, I get that some people have health phobias… 

I don’t think the average human needs a “phobia” to worry about the after effects of being covered in sewage. I used to work for the department of corrections. When a CO gets urine, feces, toilet water or unidentifiable substances thrown on them by an inmate, they’re required to take a very harsh medication they refer to informally as “the cocktail”. They’re out for weeks due to the side effects of this medication, and they’re not required to have a diagnosed “phobia” for it to be administered. If this kind of assault wouldn’t bother you, I recommend a career in corrections. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I don’t think the average human needs a “phobia” to worry about the after effects of being covered in sewage. I used to work for the department of corrections. When a CO gets urine, feces, toilet water or unidentifiable substances thrown on them by an inmate, they’re required to take a very harsh medication they refer to informally as “the cocktail”. They’re out for weeks due to the side effects of this medication, and they’re not required to have a diagnosed “phobia” for it to be administered. If this kind of assault wouldn’t bother you, I recommend a career in corrections. 

They should be treated but I think ,covered was exaggerated and should say splattered

17 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

🙄 You are free to think of it as you like!
In my view the OP got what´s needed - eye wash, an appointment at the doctor - who certainly knows how to handle things better than me or you - and so on.
If you think that´s not enough - well, let´s agree to disagree.

3 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

They should be treated but I think ,covered was exaggerated and should say splattered

And you seem to know this for a fact and you weren’t even there , cool ability.

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2024 at 3:08 PM, avp1234 said:

I should have but I didn’t know what to do. He said I had to go through him. 

So first, I’m sorry your husband went through what he and his health improves.

So after your initial visit to GS and your rude encounter you received from Abraham you talked to nobody else because you didn’t know what to do. Many posts after your encounter provided you names emails etc.. and you did nothing with that information?  If not, why?  

7 hours ago, Miaminice said:

🙄 You are free to think of it as you like!

Thank you. I didn’t realize the doctor diagnosed him with a phobia, which was the reason for my disagreeing with you. I wasn’t questioning the treatment, just your use of the word “phobia.”  and in a prior post was  suggesting that a new room was not so unreasonable to request. Like you said, we can agree to disagree on that topic. Have a nice day. 

On 3/9/2024 at 2:56 PM, gerelmx said:

@avp1234 cabin number?

We are in the Transatlantic to Amsterdam on April 22

On 3/9/2024 at 2:46 PM, lola2013 said:

Sorry to hear about this problem.

We are boarding Silhouette for a B2B early April.  Hope the problem is resolved soon.

I hope the problem was rectified.it sounds horrible.

We are also booked on a back to back cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette on April 22!
i want to learn to play Mahjong too.