Currently on Silhouette very bad experience

avp1234

12 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

I want to extend my concern for the OP. We were on the Silhouette in January, our second Celebrity cruise. The overall experience made me doubt the Celebrity experience. Mediocre.

Don’t you think it would be helpful to be a little more specific?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Don’t you think it would be helpful to be a little more specific?

On my way off an MSC cruise just today. Msc theater was much better and the food quality on Silhouette was like Msc. The Constellation was a far superior experience. 

12 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

I posted yesterday about the great time we just had on the ship.  I failed to mention that we had a toilet issue one morning. Tried to push the flush button, and no suction.  Pushed several times and nothing. Told the attendant and it was taken care of by maintenance. We got lucky compared to the horror he endured.  Hopefully he is physically ok...Give the rest of the ship a chance..

This no flush/suction is actually a very common situation - pretty much has happened to me on many cruises and many ships.  But I never got sprayed with sewage!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

I want to extend my concern for the OP. We were on the Silhouette in January, our second Celebrity cruise. The overall experience made me doubt the Celebrity experience. Mediocre.

What exactly did you not like?  A rather vague statement of negativity...Let others know what the issues were etc, please...

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

This no flush/suction is actually a very common situation - pretty much has happened to me on many cruises and many ships.  But I never got sprayed with sewage!

Agreed....You cruise enough, you will have this happen...but the eruption spray is a whole new level

Edited by Hawkstar33

22 hours ago, avp1234 said:

We’re currently on the Silhouette and have had the worst experience of all the cruises we’ve been on. Yesterday, while getting ready for dinner, my husband was in the bathroom when he heard the toilet making a terrible rumbling sound. He looked to see what was happening, you know how small the bathrooms are? When he did his face and shirt got sprayed with black sewage.it was literally everywhere. 

Black sewage/chemicals/feces was all over the bathroom and him. He’s trying to wash it out of his eyes/face, I call and they say they’re having a sewage problem, which doesn’t help me. I open the door and find our attendant. He says there’s been a line break. Another lady shows up and I tell her what happened, panicking. I tell them he needs an eye wash etc because there’s obviously bacteria and disease. All the time their acting like it’s no big deal. 

I called home and talked to someone what to do. They said to have them do an eye wash, give oral antibiotics and go to his dr when he gets back. We go to the medical center, he’s panicking, they hook him up to oxygen and do the eye wash. The put little plastic suction like cups on your eyes and wash them with a bag of solution. 

Long story semi short, it was handled terrible. I was promised a medical report from a dr this morning. They called and said it will be today or tomorrow. I went to guest relations, and spoke with Abraham, There were several people there complaining because their toilets had been not working since 2pm. He talked to me like I was just some dumb woman and ended up walking off from me. There was another lady listening and she tried to help me and he walked off from her too. And the worst part, not one person told my husband they were sorry this happened. 

I’m not asking for compensation, and it surely wasn’t offered, I just want the documentation of what happened so I can take it to his dr when we get home because he’ll need it for future blood work etc when we get home to make sure he didn’t contract something. 

Do not go on this ship. If something happened they don’t care. 

What room were you in?

I'm sure OP wants the medical report as proof that there was treatment done as well as what they did. Not for diagnostic purposes on what is the last day of the cruise for them.  Always wise to build a documentation case should something abnormal happen, including making employees put in writing what they tell you to your face.  And of course if there are later insurance claims, this will likely also be necessary for reimbursements.

• Like 1

I'm at all not surprised by the reaction of the celebrity guest relations.   I would say from my experience, majority of them are rude and shouldn't really be the face of the ship.  For example, again, I found many of them don't even greet you, or smile, something a customer service person should.   I would say it's lack of care on their behalf.   I choose not to believe it's lack of training.   I also think they believe they're untouchables.  Recently, when I encounter a rude customer service person I tell them I would like to know your name when they did that just to rattle them a bit.  They DO KNOW WHY I asked because I'm sure they realize they're nasty.   And I pretend to write it down.   And yes, sometimes i do write them up at my final survey.  Why should I lie and say they are all hunky dory when there in fact horrid b1tches.   Or if I have an issue, I have found some guest relations just going through the motions hearing you rant on and I'm almost sure their mind is elsewhere and offer canned answers.   But they are messengers.  They should and need to pass it to the higher level and the higher level decides if its a legit problem that they should take action.   And sometimes the higher up levels don't really care, as I suspect is the case on the Silhouette, and so nothing is being pushed through for you.   So I'm not even remotely shocked you were treated badly by Abraham.   Don't get mad, get even.  Write him up at the final survey.  Write him up in the comment card today and see if there's a box you can drop the form in, or fold it in an envelope, seal it, and address it to the head of customer service department.    

6 minutes ago, FeelingCruisy said:

I'm at all not surprised by the reaction of the celebrity guest relations.   I would say from my experience, majority of them are rude and shouldn't really be the face of the ship.  For example, again, I found many of them don't even greet you, or smile, something a customer service person should.   I would say it's lack of care on their behalf.   I choose not to believe it's lack of training.   I also think they believe they're untouchables.  Recently, when I encounter a rude customer service person I tell them I would like to know your name when they did that just to rattle them a bit.  They DO KNOW WHY I asked because I'm sure they realize they're nasty.   And I pretend to write it down.   And yes, sometimes i do write them up at my final survey.  Why should I lie and say they are all hunky dory when there in fact horrid b1tches.   Or if I have an issue, I have found some guest relations just going through the motions hearing you rant on and I'm almost sure their mind is elsewhere and offer canned answers.   But they are messengers.  They should and need to pass it to the higher level and the higher level decides if its a legit problem that they should take action.   And sometimes the higher up levels don't really care, as I suspect is the case on the Silhouette, and so nothing is being pushed through for you.   So I'm not even remotely shocked you were treated badly by Abraham.   Don't get mad, get even.  Write him up at the final survey.  Write him up in the comment card today and see if there's a box you can drop the form in, or fold it in an envelope, seal it, and address it to the head of customer service department.    

Do you want to tell us about your experience on board?  It seems like you have a story.  I expect them to be polite.  But they don’t need to give me a fake smile.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FeelingCruisy said:

I would say in my experience, the vast majority of every employee I encounter have been so customer focused and beyond friendly, GR, cafe, bars, restaurants, shops, cleaning crew.  Sometimes even they can detect what kind of customer is in front of them, "horrid b11tches, don't get mad, get even, pretend to write their name down"...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On a ship, with a few thousand other folks, plumbing issues can certainly be an issue. Probably 95 to 99 percent are attributable to ignorant passengers who have no idea about what can go into a toilet and what should not. Kind of like the garbage disposal in one's kitchen. A toilet has a lid for a reason, or two or three. Put the lid down when the toilet is not in use. Not to minimize what happened here, but perhaps you would have been spared the indignity of getting up close and personal to this shipboard incident.  

• Like 4

Not saying this was the cause here  but as ships age, they can make them look  pretty & modern..but the underlying systems can fail..esp  the A/C and  toilet waste. 

We are going back to Silho after years on E Class.. hope all will be well!

If OP is still on board..maybe go back to Medical for an eye check up and sterile eyewash again..

1 hour ago, Liao said:

I would say in my experience, the vast majority of every employee I encounter have been so customer focused and beyond friendly, GR, cafe, bars, restaurants, shops, cleaning crew.  Sometimes even they can detect what kind of customer is in front of them, "horrid b11tches, don't get mad, get even, pretend to write their name down"...

I already knew I would get responses like yours when I wrote it.   I'm glad you have had all wonderful encounters but no need to take the extra step around and attack me just because I said what I said.   You don't know me.   

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FeelingCruisy said:

I already knew I would get responses like yours when I wrote it.   I'm glad you have had all wonderful encounters but no need to take the extra step around and attack me just because I said what I said.   You don't know me.   

When you call people “horrid bitches”, you should expect a response.  Have you emailed the executive office?

He’s ok. We got the medical report and haven’t heard anything from them. He’ll follow up with his dr to make sure. I appreciate the kind, understanding responses from those that gave them. The others, doesn’t matter. I emailed the emails posters provided and told my experience through chat. I hope something like this doesn’t happen to anyone again. As far as the onboard experience outside of this incident, it’s been ok. This put a damper on it so I probably won’t comment on that. Haven’t seen Abraham since, and frankly I don’t want to. He has been the only employee on ship that was actually rude.  Beyond rude. We get off tomorrow and I think we’re ready. That’s a first for us after many cruises, mainly celebrity ones. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, avp1234 said:

Haven’t seen Abraham since, and frankly I don’t want to. He has been the only employee on ship that was actually rude.  Beyond rude. 

I would suppose that he is going back home ...

@avp1234

Please don't pay any mind to the celebrity apologists here...your husband experienced a very serious situation which needs to be addressed. And especially so if he is immuno-compromised.

Do what you need to do to get YOUR satisfaction that this situation is indeed addressed. Forget everyone else...you and your husband are who matters here.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, avp1234 said:

We get off tomorrow and I think we’re ready. That’s a first for us after many cruises, mainly celebrity ones. 

I quite understand.  I’d want to be in my own home, too, after such an experience.  I’m so very sorry this happened to you and ruined your cruise.  I can only hope there are no lingering after effects.

1 hour ago, rustycruzr said:

@avp1234

Put the lid down when the toilet is not in use.

An example of a useless celebrity apologist here...saying its hubby's own fault. SMDH...

I am very sorry this happened to your husband and hopefully he has no ongoing issues. It is disappointing that Celebrity has not responded with a more compassionate response but sadly, I am not surprised. Another example of a changed Celebrity.

I disagree with  "An example of a useless celebrity apologist here...saying its hubby's own fault".

I find the point to be learned here is to put the lid down and then push the flush button. It usually says that on the lid of the toilet and I have often ignored that statement. I never thought of why it says to flush with the lid down but, after reading about the terrible event that happened, from now on I will heed those directions. Why can't we all show compassion and learn something from this event? 

• Like 5