3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

There won't be any changes to Labadee.

Other Caribbean countries are meeting tomorrow and they're going to convince the interim president to hold elections like he promised. He'll be out, the gangs will get what they want, and the country will be back out of the news for a while.

Just got back from Labadee.  Never felt safer.  I would go back tomorrow if I could.  I could spend a week there and a week at Bonaire and not get tired of either.

I am not sure i understand the concern for labadee. You do realize that 2 women were raped in the bahamas recently. If i remember correctly they were on carnival. Other cruise ship passengers have reported muggings, assaults, pick pockets in places like jamaica and the bahamas and yet cruise ships are still going there. How many people have been assaulted in labadee or been mugged or raped. Yes what is happening in port au prince is terrible. We cannot even comprehend what daily life must be like inside the city. The gangs are fighting for control of the city. I highly doubt they even care about a cruise ship over a hundred miles away. It is always good idea to stay up to date on current events and things can always change but people should be more concerned walking around some of the other ports where actual documented violence has occurred 

10 hours ago, jeffr6596 said:

Just got back from Labadee.  Never felt safer.  I would go back tomorrow if I could.  I could spend a week there and a week at Bonaire and not get tired of either.

You can't even compare Labadee to Bonaire...night and day difference.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

We are headed there now.  I wish we weren’t going!!  This is way more than just the usual Haiti uprising!!!😡😡😡

Stay on the ship if you are concerned.  But I can assure you that RCCL will put the safety of its passengers, crew, and ship ahead of any risk and if they believe that a direct risk exists at Labadee you would get your wish.  I am certain they are monitoring the situation very closely.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 3

Agree totally.   Just stay on the ship if you are concerned.  Personally I could happily live the rest of my life without having to go to Labadee.   It is not the port it used to be.  We enjoyed it when it was a tendered port.  Much more relaxed and natural back then.  

Now...yeah, wouldn't bother me to stay on the ship.  All we do is walk around the area for some exercise anyway, then back to the ship for early lunch...continuing to stay on board to enjoy the quiet atmosphere of the empty ship.  

30 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Stay on the ship if you are concerned.  But I can assure you that RCCL will put the safety of its passengers, crew, and ship ahead of any risk and if they believe that a direct risk exists at Labadee you would get your wish.  I am certain they are monitoring the situation very closely.

Or some will be concerned that the ship will be boarded by the gangs (like pirates).  😁

We were on the Navigator in 2017 when a crew member was murdered in Bonaire. Didn’t stop ships from going there. 

Royal kept that murder very hush hush.  We only found out because our waiter in MDR knew the victim.  At first, said she was missing.   Next night, said she was back on board.  All a lie.  

Posted (edited)

They may be stopping to pick up staff that may be there or other things they don't want to leave there if things are indeed heating up nearby. Or will have staff close things up.  Maybe this may be the last ship to dock there for a while.  Who knows.  All specualtion.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, md80fan said:

I am not sure i understand the concern for labadee. You do realize that 2 women were raped in the bahamas recently.

Their accounts have not gone unchallenged with Carnival, Pirates Cove, and the Royal Bahamas Police Force all issuing statements disputing some aspects of their troubling story.

14 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Not as it relates to the peninsula of Labadee it is not.

we have been here many times so I am well aware of where Labadee is located!  All excursions have been canceled but yet we are still docking there.

I have a right to my opinion and I am still not comfortable going here!  I will be happy when tomorrow is over and we are leaving Labadee!!

7 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

we have been here many times so I am well aware of where Labadee is located!  All excursions have been canceled but yet we are still docking there.

I have a right to my opinion and I am still not comfortable going here!  I will be happy when tomorrow is over and we are leaving Labadee!!

No, ALL excursions have not been cancelled

We have docked and gangways are open. Don’t know about any excursions being cancelled - I would assume they’re all running. Surprising after the captains comments about abundance of caution and staying onboard yesterday.

Well the captain just announced that the issues are 130 miles away in port au prince, that only staff and suppliers are allowed access to the area, and if we want to stay onboard that’s ok too… So Labadee is fully operational today.

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Yet the gangways are down and everyone that wants to is disembarking the ship; so did the Captain really make that announcement?

Turns out the announcement was to advise the excursions were cancelled and if anyone was worried they could stay onboard. My mistake.