Checking in on the app

I have reserved 4 cabins for a July cruise on Radiance (junior suites) for my family and they are all linked to my account. Check in opens on May 28. I. believe I read it begins just after midnight EST. Can I check in all 4 cabins at that time and fill in passport info later? What will I need to know in order to check in each cabin? 

If I'm not able to get a boarding time before noon, is it true that junior suites can board earlier or is that just for higher suite levels? We have lunch reservations at 12:15 so hoping I don't mess this up:)

I check in online, not the app. Try both as one may open before the other. Its midnight the time zone the ship leaves from.

Idk about not filling in passport info, I fill it all in. I got one coming up in less than 2 weeks out of Galveston so its midnight texas time it opens.

Suites can board 1 hour earlier than their assigned time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surgie said:

Can I check in all 4 cabins at that time and fill in passport info later? What will I need to know in order to check in each cabin?

If you use the app then yes, you can just grab the check in times and all the other information can be input later at your leisure either on the app or on a PC.

Note that you need to select a check in time for each person; the system does not automatically default all the other people travelling with you to the same time you pick for yourself.

Later, you will need passport numbers, full names, dates of birth and addresses, if I remember correctly. Someone will correct me if I've got it wrong.

If you use a PC then you need to put all the information in first before it lets you pick your times.

I prefer to use the app just to grab the times and then do the rest on my PC because I prefer having a big screen and a proper keyboard, but that's just me. Many others are perfectly happy doing the whole thing on the app.

• Like 2

If everyone is linked to you, you should be able to get check-in times for everyone. If you can only check yourself in, do that and get the check-in time you want. If the others can't get the same time as you, don't worry too much about it, most ports are not enforcing the check-times. Even if they are enforcing them the "fine print" says to arrive at your scheduled check-in time with your entire party. That means your family can (should) check in with you.

• Like 2

Last time I was up at midnight. So at 12:08 am I checked in on line and got an 11 to 1130 am checking . Some are claiming they have a 1030 so in 8 minutes all of those slots were gone ...next time I'll use the app instead 

• Like 1

For one cruise I had last year, the app would not work, so I switched to my laptop and was able to check in that way.  

I prefer the app as well to get my check in time and then fill in the rest later on my laptop, but if the app is not working, keep your laptop handy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FionaMG said:

If you use the app then yes, you can just grab the check in times and all the other information can be input later at your leisure either on the app or on a PC.

Note that you need to select a check in time for each person; the system does not automatically default all the other people travelling with you to the same time you pick for yourself.

Later, you will need passport numbers, full names, dates of birth and addresses, if I remember correctly. Someone will correct me if I've got it wrong.

If you use a PC then you need to put all the information in first before it lets you pick your times.

I prefer to use the app just to grab the times and then do the rest on my PC because I prefer having a big screen and a proper keyboard, but that's just me. Many others are perfectly happy doing the whole thing on the app.

Same here.  I grab our time on the app and then fill everything else in on my laptop.  Much easier that way.  Then I also print out our boarding passes as I am old school and want a paper copy of my boarding passes.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Same here.  I grab our time on the app and then fill everything else in on my laptop.  Much easier that way.  Then I also print out our boarding passes as I am old school and want a paper copy of my boarding passes.

Oh yes, that's me too! 😂

• Like 4

Surgie,

Thank you for asking this question!  I haven't sailed on Royal Caribbean for a number of years, so checking in has definitely changed!

I read that checking in on the app lets you pick your boarding time pretty quickly, vs on a computer you must enter everyone's information first.  I like the idea of getting the boarding time on the app and then going to a computer to fill in all the info. 

My question - do you need a picture of passports - or just the information from the passport?  I will be checking in my daughter who is sailing in my cabin - and she lives elsewhere so I won't have her actual passport with me.

Further- I have booked 2 rooms - the other for my older daughter and her 2 kids - does anyone know if I will be able to check in everyone for both rooms at the same time?  Wondering if my daughter will have to check herself and her kids in. 

thanks for any info!

Jerie

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JC in CA said:

Surgie,

Thank you for asking this question!  I haven't sailed on Royal Caribbean for a number of years, so checking in has definitely changed!

I read that checking in on the app lets you pick your boarding time pretty quickly, vs on a computer you must enter everyone's information first.  I like the idea of getting the boarding time on the app and then going to a computer to fill in all the info. 

My question - do you need a picture of passports - or just the information from the passport?  I will be checking in my daughter who is sailing in my cabin - and she lives elsewhere so I won't have her actual passport with me.

Further- I have booked 2 rooms - the other for my older daughter and her 2 kids - does anyone know if I will be able to check in everyone for both rooms at the same time?  Wondering if my daughter will have to check herself and her kids in. 

thanks for any info!

Jerie

You don't need a picture of the passports but if you have one it's a good way of having all the information to hand, rather than your daughter writing out all the details for you.

Yes, you can check everyone in if you have all the necessary details.

Alternatively, you can just grab the times and let your daughter complete her own and the kids' details.

One thing you do need in order to check in nowadays is a credit card. In the past you could choose the cash option but this is no longer available. If you like and are checking everyone in you can use your cc for everyone initially - there's just a box to tick to do that - and it can be changed later.

• Like 1

Thank you FionaMG!

I should have said - do I need to upload a picture of the passport.  Will definitely get a picture of it from her to get all the info - good point!

Hmm- looking at the ap - I can only see one cabin - mine - not the other one.  Do you know if this is normal - we don't cruise until July.

thanks again!

Jerie

33 minutes ago, JC in CA said:

Thank you FionaMG!

I should have said - do I need to upload a picture of the passport.  Will definitely get a picture of it from her to get all the info - good point!

Hmm- looking at the ap - I can only see one cabin - mine - not the other one.  Do you know if this is normal - we don't cruise until July.

thanks again!

Jerie

You may need to link the other booking on the app. Use the "Don't see your cruise" at the bottom of the main page in the app. You'll need to have the booking number to do this.

34 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

You'll need to have the booking number to do this.

Thank you Fiona MG.  I will plug around and try to figure this out!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

If you like and are checking everyone in you can use your cc for everyone initially - there's just a box to tick to do that - and it can be changed later.

How difficult is it to change later? Can it be done on the app or website before leaving, or does it have to be done in person at guest services or embarkation?

6 hours ago, JC in CA said:

Surgie,

Just to clarify, you are not booking a BOARDING time, you are booking a check-in time. It's possible that you might check in and not be able to board for some time after that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

check in and not be able to board for some time after that

thanks for the clarification Ken- yes, I understand.

Jerie

9 hours ago, DrPepper7 said:

How difficult is it to change later? Can it be done on the app or website before leaving, or does it have to be done in person at guest services or embarkation?

I have done both website and GS in the past. To do it on the website I went into edit check in and just worked my way through the screens until I got to the payment screen. I didn’t have to reinput all of the details, just clicked on save or next at the bottom of the page.

I've heard that you can do it at check in at the port. I think you get sent to a desk rather than be checked in by someone with a tablet but I haven't done that myself so can't say for sure. If it's correct I'd say that's a better and faster option than standing in a potentially long line at GS.

On 3/12/2024 at 6:40 AM, surgie said:

I have reserved 4 cabins for a July cruise on Radiance (junior suites) for my family and they are all linked to my account. Check in opens on May 28. I. believe I read it begins just after midnight EST. Can I check in all 4 cabins at that time and fill in passport info later? What will I need to know in order to check in each cabin? 

If I'm not able to get a boarding time before noon, is it true that junior suites can board earlier or is that just for higher suite levels? We have lunch reservations at 12:15 so hoping I don't mess this up:)

Don't worry about the check in times whatever you get assigned.  You will be allowed to use the suite check in and boarding at the port.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, travelberlin said:

If you have the Key and at check in were not able to get an early check in time, do you have to wait for your assigned check in time or how does it work? 

At most ports, Key customers use the suite line which typically has no time restrictions. 

• Thanks 1