Transportation from San Diego Holland America cruise pier October 26,2024 to Amtrak station in San Diego

Looking for options for transportation from San Diego CA , Holland America cruise pier to the Amtrak station (San Diego , CA October 2024.

Any ideas?

46 minutes ago, Roz said:

If you don't have much luggage and are able bodied, you can walk. 

Exactly. Its pretty short walk, and essentially flat. You may have problems getting a taxi or Uber for that short a ride. The Airport is quite a bit further away, so not sure the airport comparison is appropriate.

This is commonly discussed on the West Coast Departures board.

• Like 3

Slightly off topic but I'm looking at taking Amtrak to San Diego for a cruise. 

The train arrival is at 01:00 am.  I'm leery about walking around as a solo female at that hour even just over to the Intercontinental Hotel.  Do any of you locals have any comment on how safe it may be?

Thanks,

~Nancy

Very familiar with San Diego from my time in Navy and afterwards.....1 am, solo woman.....you should take a taxi.  Since it's Amtrak, you'll be late....at 3 am, still need a taxi or Uber. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, oakridger said:

I'm leery about walking around as a solo female at that hour even just over to the Intercontinental Hotel

I think the area is very safe and you are on a major road, but I'd still Uber or cab and tip well.

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2024 at 3:39 PM, oakridger said:

The train arrival is at 01:00 am.  I'm leery about walking around as a solo female at that hour even just over to the Intercontinental Hotel.  Do any of you locals have any comment on how safe it may be?

The Intercontinental is a little bit of a walk from the Amtrak and at 0100 hrs it's not the best idea for a single female or even a couple to walk it.  SD even as big as it is becomes a ghost town during the week at that hour and there's plenty of strange people in the area.  Get a ride.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2024 at 4:39 PM, oakridger said:

Thanks,

~Nancy

No and no and no again!! Do not even think about it!!

1 hour ago, julia said:

No and no and no again!! Do not even think about it!!

Ha ha you are very sure about that!!  Thank you to all who have commented!  

After looking at all possibilities I decided to just take Southwest down to SAN and save the train trip for some other adventure!  I just couldn't make the logistics work nicely with having to switch trains somewhere from the Coast Starlight to the Pacific Surfliner. The cruise itself will be my focus this time.

~Nancy

• Like 2