The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday March 22nd, 2024

kazu

Good morning Dailyites.  Thank you for all the wonderful reports.

Thoughts and prayers continue for all those in need and/or in pain.

60 here this morning in Yuma!  It may hit 90 today!  Thankfully it cools down nicely around 7 pm so we get out for our daily walk.

Next Thursday we depart here heading to our summer gig in Utah!  We are hoping to take a different route this trip thru Flagstaff BUT!   We have to watch the weather in Flagstaff, if snow is predicted we may just switch and go the route we have gone previous summers.

Don't feel  my age, but it is a mental battle between brain and body for sure.  If I knew now back  when I was a teen I surely would have taken better care of my body parts to hopefully delay this arthritis!

Happy Friday!  The good thing about being retired is you can goof on any day and everyday is the weekend.

• Like 24

33 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

...Today would have been my dad's 98th birthday - he passed 7 years ago on March 11th. 

Happy Heavenly Birthday to your dad. 98 is a big number - lots of time for memories. Extra hugs for you today 🤗 

• Like 16

Some of the 2025 Caribbean sailings are available to book now. I noticed the Zuiderdam is sailing out of Miami and it looks like one less ship as the NA is sailing from San Diego for the 25/26 season.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 9

Happy Friday!  We're getting snow here, 6 inches so far.  It's supposed to snow for a while yet.  We can "goof off" today, nothing to do till later. The plan is to take our DGD's to see Mary Poppins Jr. at our school tonite.  Hoping the roads will be ok by then.  DH is watching basket ball games again today, I'll be happy when March Madness is done!!  

We stopped in Falmouth a few years ago.  We did get off the ship and wander around the port area.  Lots of fun stuff to look at.  We sat for a while in the little garden area that was there, and enjoyed the scenery.  We were in Jamaica years ago and did Dunns River Falls, when I look at those pictures now I think "oh my!"  

Our daffodils are blooming and covered with snow today.  The area in our front yard is covered with snow, the ones in the back are more sheltered.   

@JazzyVhoping you hear good things at the Dr. today.  

Sorry to hear about all of the fire victims...sad. 

@cat shepardgreat news that your sister can be discharged.  Following through with the exercise can be a challenge, I know from experience with family members. 

@dfishthanks for the recipes, hoping your sister makes it to pick up River.  Your weather will be what we have today.  Schools didn't get cancelled, and the plows seem to be keeping up with it.  The roads were bad this morning, but reports are better now.  

Thanks to all who care and share here!  K 

IMG_0723.thumb.jpg.9b097e5827520cf3e33c97feae7a1d83.jpgIMG_0722.thumb.jpg.fef69d264db66a69189e0988e8f81f20.jpgIMG_0720.thumb.jpg.e9e8cefdd67e39e228102f1ad76240ec.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu@richwmn and  @rafinmd.

Be as young as feel and goof off today. They used to sell flowers at work to support cancer research. Good quote. I don't like coconut (a texture thing), so I'll pass on the meal. I'll take the drink and wine. I've had Coppola's cabinet sauvignon. I haven't been to Falmouth. 2 good days in

history.

I can hardly keep my eyes open. I need a nap (I'm back finishing this after an hour nap). I slept about 3-1/2 hours. I'll be off to my appointment in a half hour.

@grapau27 I'm glad you're going to relax today.

@kazu Sorry about the port change. Did they tell you why?

@aliaschief Beautiful night. Thanks for sharing.

@seagarsmoker @GTVCRUISER @Nickelpenny @sailingdutchy @ottahand7 Thanks for the Falmouth photos.

@Cruzin Terri I hope you get relief from the injection. 

@smitty34877 That was so nice of you to reunite the sisters. 

@cat shepard Good news about your sister. I hope she does what she needs to and it's not too hard for Brayden. 

@RMLincoln I hope the oncologist has a simple plan re DH's PSA. Growing up along the Atlantic Ocean, my DM and I walked on the Boardwalk in our finery after church on Easter Sunday. I have a favorite photo from one of those times.

@Heartgrove I'm glad Sam is still hanging in there. Wow, he's a big guy!

@Vict0riann Sorry DD isn't behaving herself. I hope she doesn't worsen things.

@Overhead Fred Lovely flowers. I haven't been able to make it to Keukenhof yet. 

Gotta run!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 7

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks all!  
I'm missing @erewhon too! It’s hard with the different time zones, I kind of wish they wouldn’t t lock the days post until a little later for us in the west or very far west! 
@dfish that cake looks amazing!  
@summer slope so does that drink! 
@cat shepard I’ve always wondered about that one!  Hope the transition goes smoothly for your sister! 
@Heartgrove so nice to see  Sam still enjoying his walks!  Glad @ger_77 asked!  Hope you get answers soon Geri! 
@RMLincoln hope things are easily treatable!  You have had so much! 
@kazu I’m sorry you’re not getting to Sete.   But lots of cool places to visit from Marseille.  We have enjoyed Aix and Arles and Les Baux and a boat trip on the calanques.   And the Camarague.  If I can be of any help?   There is a tv show in French called Candace Renoir, that’s quite enjoyable and set in Sete.  Free on Radio Canada or US prime.  

Well our daffodils are most definitely MIA! 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

@luvteaching a happy Heavenly birthday to you father.  😇. I hope good memories help you throughout the day.

52 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

From Keukenhof last spring - we will be heading back there on April 21! 

Gorgeous pics and Keukenhof is inspiring.  Enjoy it’s glory 👍 

Vanessa @JazzyV they changed it for the infamous “operational” reasons.

@bennybear thanks for the Marseille & Sete info.  We are going there again this Fall so next year will be the 3rd time.  It’s not that Marseille isn’t nice - it is but I was really looking forward to Sete and it was one of the reasons I booked the cruise (i know, I know, ports are subject to change 😉). I’m doing Avignon & a couple of other beautiful spots this fall so, I’ll have to do some thinking.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning, 

What good days to celebrate today. My area is known as the Skagit Valley and is very well-known for the annual Tulip Festival that runs the month of April. When the sun's out and especially on the weekends, we locals stay far away from the fields as it's a madhouse out there. Currently the daffodils are blooming and today is not raining so I may take a quick drive out that way on my way to doing Costco and Fred Meyer (and maybe even Wally World). 

Yesterday was my "goof off" day in a way as I stayed home but got things done and even made time to finish my book. I'm enjoying an author by the name of Rhys Bowen and love her "Royal Spyness" series and am enjoying her "Molly Murphy" series. 

Today is errands and nothing much planned for the weekend. Tomorrow is supposed to be quite wet so a good day to stay home. Today would have been my dad's 98th birthday - he passed 7 years ago on March 11th. 

Karen

Happy 98th birthday in heaven for your dad Karen.

happy-birthday-in-heaven.gif

• Like 14

Since we are talking daffodils , springtime and tulips today and to bring you in the mood for spring a few more Keukenhof pictures , we have been there 3 times starting in 1974 just after we emigrated to Canada and than visited for the first time the Keukenhof .  Our last time we were there was on May 2nd in 2018 , with my cousin.

image.thumb.jpeg.b579c175991206b1763e24dd0301e699.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5feefea53fd20d7e910c49e1fad0a7b4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a965abb71d1282ea1be6926502c1b429.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3a07a413054b9ba371b5749cd340f04a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c97a3e7714abe6d4f42a715fb8d0a5c1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.59b48a3de40d13d4c6ce73ada694d977.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.997d210defe92ca0268e0a2d18dad17c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6f49edc8a9ac5fde33afb4c8790e8ca3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.86ee812fc1b435626f2a5f4edb87ab90.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0c85f706adb85ec2df7324fb3818b38b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.969dc6f3f0c8dd5a91f367ce463c46ba.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bee86a302a3522ce046c41f5ec5350b0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8398bf4d3db88d9d2973b0a9d3a27c9f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.70136a12bd8dc2f569a98c89c1a08e71.jpeg

Last picture for those who have been on the Zaandam and have seen and listened to the “ Draaiorgel “ loosely translated traveling “ barrel organ “ .

Hope got you in the mood for spring …... while it is snowing here ….and YES go to the Keukenhof !

Tony 😍😍
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Prayers for Catherine

Princess of Wales who is undergoing Cancer treatment.🙏🙏

I am sad to hear of Kate's cancer diagnosis and send my prayers up for her, too. 🙏

I've been thinking for weeks that I wish everyone would get "off her case" about staying in the background since her abdominal surgery.  They should have just left her alone, and I hope some of the conspiracy theorists are ashamed of themselves for spreading rumors about her.  She's entitled to her privacy as all of us are.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

I am sad to hear of Kate's cancer diagnosis and send my prayers up for her, too. 🙏

I've been thinking for weeks that I wish everyone would get "off her case" about staying in the background since her abdominal surgery.  They should have just left her alone, and I hope some of the conspiracy theorists are ashamed of themselves for spreading rumors about her.  She's entitled to her privacy as all of us are.

Thank you Sandi.

• Like 14

43 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Happy 98th birthday in heaven for your dad Karen.

happy-birthday-in-heaven.gif

+1.  May his memories give you comfort and peace.

28 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:
Since we are talking daffodils , springtime and tulips today and to bring you in the mood for spring a few more Keukenhof pictures , we have been there 3 times starting in 1974 just after we emigrated to Canada and than visited for the first time the Keukenhof .  Our last time we were there was on May 2nd in 2018 , with my cousin.

image.thumb.jpeg.b579c175991206b1763e24dd0301e699.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5feefea53fd20d7e910c49e1fad0a7b4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a965abb71d1282ea1be6926502c1b429.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3a07a413054b9ba371b5749cd340f04a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c97a3e7714abe6d4f42a715fb8d0a5c1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.59b48a3de40d13d4c6ce73ada694d977.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.997d210defe92ca0268e0a2d18dad17c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6f49edc8a9ac5fde33afb4c8790e8ca3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.86ee812fc1b435626f2a5f4edb87ab90.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0c85f706adb85ec2df7324fb3818b38b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.969dc6f3f0c8dd5a91f367ce463c46ba.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bee86a302a3522ce046c41f5ec5350b0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8398bf4d3db88d9d2973b0a9d3a27c9f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.70136a12bd8dc2f569a98c89c1a08e71.jpeg

Last picture for those who have been on the Zaandam and have seen and listened to the “ Draaiorgel “ loosely translated traveling “ barrel organ “ .

Hope got you in the mood for spring …... while it is snowing here ….and YES go to the Keukenhof !

Tony 😍😍

Absolutely gorgeous garden, and I've wished for years to see it someday.  Thank you for sharing.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

So sad to hear the Princess of Wales has cancer.  Praying the doctors can help her.

Just stunning news.  Wishing her a great outcome with minimal side effects.

Roy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and Happy Friday from a sunny Tucson. It’s supposed to change tomorrow with wind and then rain on Sunday and a 20 degree drop in the temperature. 

I just heard about Kate’s cancer diagnosis. Prayers for her and her family. 

@seagarsmoker, thank you for the heads up about the Nieuw Amsterdam sailings. One of our favorite ships. I’m going to research cruises for next year. 

Sometimes I feel my age but mostly I don’t. When I was young I thought anyone in their 60’s were old, mostly because people tended to pass away at a younger age. Now that I’m almost 69 I don’t think that any longer. I love daffodils and I goof off most days. 

I’ll pass on the other things, I’m not a fan of fruity drinks and most cakes and most red wine. 

We have been to Jamaica but like most everyone else have no desire to go back. It was in 2004 on the Oosterdam and we docked in Ocho Rios. We were treated very badly by the employees at a pharmacy and hounded along the way. So a one and done. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

@grapau27  Graham and Pauline, I too was saddened and shocked to learn that the lovely and vibrant Princess of Wales was diagnosed with cancer.  I hope the surgery removed all the cancer cells and that the chemotherapy eradicates any stray cancer cells.  Sending positive thoughts that she makes a full recovery and has a long and happy life with her family and eventually as your Queen.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

A new thread about an explosion this morning on the Nieuw Statendam.  Terrible news!

The original poster got it wrong.  It's the Nieuw Amsterdam.  Quote:

"It’s actually on Nieuw Amsterdam. I’m onboard now  At about 9 am the fire alarms and crew alert went off.  The captain came on and indicated we had a steam leak and they were evacuating some crew cabins above the engine rooms.  At about 10:15 they gave the all clear.  At about 3, the Captain came on and said two crew members had been killed.  Some of the crew say they were inspecting a steam line when it exploded.  We are being held in half moon cay pending coast guard investigations."

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 15