Sun Princess question on shots & beverage package..

big al

Hi all..if you went on or are currently on the new Sun Princess, I have a questions about getting "shots"..I love a B-52, which is Kahlua, Grand Marnier & Bailey's layered in a shot glass ( sweet & delicious!! ) ..does anyone know if this kind of drink is included in the Premier or Plus drink packages? Thanks!!

Big Al

Guest Snaxmuppet

If it is on the drinks list and under the $15/$20 limit then it will be included but if it isn't on the list I guess they might just make it up of individual drinks... so the B52 might count as 3 drinks. I hope not!

I am guessing though... does anyone know for certain how they do it?

I have not seen that drink on any bar menus on board and have not had it on board but back in the day I did have quite a few of them.  I'm sure you can ask for it the bartender should know how to make it and I'm guessing it should be under the plus amount if not just pay the difference.😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avonlady6390 said:

I have not seen that drink on any bar menus on board and have not had it on board but back in the day I did have quite a few of them.  I'm sure you can ask for it the bartender should know how to make it and I'm guessing it should be under the plus amount if not just pay the difference.😊

You don't see it on the bar menu, but on the Enchanted 2 yrs ago I had it like 20x on a 10 nighter...

Single 1 oz shots of these liqueurs are somewhere in the $8 to $10 range. So you might be charged for 3 drinks against your plus or premier package. If the drink is over the $15 or $20 limit you will be charged the difference plus 18%. Here are some 2024 bar menu. I'm just off the Ruby and these menus look current. They would be the same on all ships.

https://profcruise.com/princess-bar-menus-and-drink-prices-2024/

• Like 1

Ordered them all the time on the Discovery and the Crown, IIRC was only ever charged for one shot.  Most mornings I had a vanilla bean latte and added the shooter, great way to start the day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skynight said:

Single 1 oz shots of these liqueurs are somewhere in the $8 to $10 range. So you might be charged for 3 drinks against your plus or premier package. If the drink is over the $15 or $20 limit you will be charged the difference plus 18%. Here are some 2024 bar menu. I'm just off the Ruby and these menus look current. They would be the same on all ships.

https://profcruise.com/princess-bar-menus-and-drink-prices-2024/

it's not 3 shots, right?  It's three 1/3 shots poured into a shot glass - so equals 1 shot

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, voljeep said:

it's not 3 shots, right?  It's three 1/3 shots poured into a shot glass - so equals 1 shot

Correct..it is 1/3 of each liqueur...I always thought it was considered one shot...

It's one shot, and on every Princess ship so far, it's been one drink charge. And covered by Plus beverage package (which is included in the Plus Cruise Package).

It is a bit time consuming for a bartender to make as they have to slowly pour in order to layer property, but they'll absolutely do it.  

13 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

It's one shot, and on every Princess ship so far, it's been one drink charge. And covered by Plus beverage package (which is included in the Plus Cruise Package).

It is a bit time consuming for a bartender to make as they have to slowly pour in order to layer property, but they'll absolutely do it.  

Great to hear, thanks!

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, big al said:

Hi all..if you went on or are currently on the new Sun Princess, I have a questions about getting "shots"..I love a B-52, which is Kahlua, Grand Marnier & Bailey's layered in a shot glass ( sweet & delicious!! ) ..does anyone know if this kind of drink is included in the Premier or Plus drink packages? Thanks!!

Big Al

Almost like a Duck Fart at the Red Dog Saloon in Juneau: Kahlua, Bailey's, and Crown Royal - layered and meant to be taken down as a straight shot. It's charged as a single drink and I can't imagine anything of the sort not being charged as a single drink anywhere. (I think the version you list as a B-52 sounds better though. I'm adding it to my list of "drinks to try" on our next cruise. THANKS!)

Edit: The staff's favorite question at the Red Dog Saloon: When people see Duck Fart on the menu they ask, "How do you make a Duck Fart?". The favorite answer is, "Squeeze it!".

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, terrysko2000 said:

Find a good bartender and ask. We had an amazing one on the Regal last month. He was giving my husband doubles all the time. Very personal and appreciated!

My bet is 2 of the 15 per day were charged for each double. That is how it works for me. If they didn’t the bar manager would having a conversation with that bar since the bottle count would not match up with drinks charged

12 minutes ago, memoak said:

My bet is 2 of the 15 per day were charged for each double. That is how it works for me. If they didn’t the bar manager would having a conversation with that bar since the bottle count would not match up with drinks charged

Oh  I know they were counted as two. It was just nice of them to allow it. We truly enjoy our happy hours. cheers!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, memoak said:

FWIW - it's not all that hard to get "doubles" as one drink, depending on what you drink.

My partner drinks scotch or whiskey - and orders a Rib Roy, hold the vermouth - with a little ice.  Voila, double pour, one drink.

Me, I drink vodka rocks. So, order a 007 martini, hold the vermouth, on the rocks. One drink, double pour.   Doable for gin also, as a 007 is just their name for a Classic Martini.. they'll hold the vermouth, put it in the rocks and get a dude if tonic - voila, double pour G&T, one drink charged... 

Doesn't work for other types of drinks as well, but it's doable.. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, voljeep said:

Yes, correct I guess. We used to call these Shooters. I didn't notice shooters by that name on the menu, but maybe they were there.  

49 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

FWIW - it's not all that hard to get "doubles" as one drink, depending on what you drink.

My partner drinks scotch or whiskey - and orders a Rib Roy, hold the vermouth - with a little ice.  Voila, double pour, one drink.

Me, I drink vodka rocks. So, order a 007 martini, hold the vermouth, on the rocks. One drink, double pour.   Doable for gin also, as a 007 is just their name for a Classic Martini.. they'll hold the vermouth, put it in the rocks and get a dude if tonic - voila, double pour G&T, one drink charged... 

Doesn't work for other types of drinks as well, but it's doable.. 

All drinks served up get a little larger pour. I drink manhattans with real light vermouth my wife drinks vodka up with no vermouth and it seems like a bigger pour then folks just getting drinks as shots or on the rocks

• 3 weeks later...

Having tried my first baby Guinness the other night - Tia Maria and baileys I'm interested in this . A quick question but there are 3 adults in my group if we order a drink for each in. Round do we have to have the 3 medallions at the bar ?