Promo codes for only certain passengers

1 minute ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

This is a new promo I just got in an email. Anyone else?  

IMG_1524.jpeg

IMG_1523.jpeg

I can’t even call 20% off of an excursion really an offer we see these kinds of offers daily and just ignore them

15 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

It’s also false advertising.  I booked excursions prior to the sale and paid $10 less on each.  No bueno Princessa.

They were running the same sale for a brief period of time for Caribbean excursions and I did get a deal - well at least initially.  We booked a 7 hour Maya Key excursion in Roatan for $69.95 each.  Before and after the sale the price was $89.95.  Everything was great until they moved us back to Mahogany Bay from Coxen Hole (after it started as MB when we booked). They kept our excursion but it's now 5 hours and the price for everyone is $69.95.  So yay, a sale then dang, lost it.

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

It’s also false advertising.  I booked excursions prior to the sale and paid $10 less on each.  No bueno Princessa.

IMG_1522.jpeg

IMG_1521.jpeg

IMG_1520.jpeg

IMG_1519.png

Nothing false at all prices and promos change constantly. The law of supply and demand

54 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

This is a new promo I just got in an email. Anyone else?

I received the same offer just after 11am this morning.

-Rick

• Thanks 1

Just browsing excursions this year, I have noticed that the excursion prices are inflated this year.  The 20% off offered this year puts the excursion prices in line with regular prices from 2023.

IMO, Princess is giving 20% off excursions to increase cash on hand for the company.  When  excursions are booked pre-cruise, passengers pay immediately and Princess has the money at their disposal.  The 20% off entices the pre-cruise bookings.

This has been done for at least 15 years. I used to call it the Elite penalty, when friends with only 4 Princess cruises could get a better fare than we could. The only new issue is that you had an expectation that Princess operated in a fair and forthright manner. Now you, like many of us, realize they do not.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Just browsing excursions this year, I have noticed that the excursion prices are inflated this year.  The 20% off offered this year puts the excursion prices in line with regular prices from 2023.

IMO, Princess is giving 20% off excursions to increase cash on hand for the company.  When  excursions are booked pre-cruise, passengers pay immediately and Princess has the money at their disposal.  The 20% off entices the pre-cruise bookings.

Except that you can use your OBC to pay for excursions instead of using credit cards so how does that help Princess ?  Everyone I know has at least a few hundred dollars of OBC

48 minutes ago, memoak said:

Except that you can use your OBC to pay for excursions instead of using credit cards so how does that help Princess ?  Everyone I know has at least a few hundred dollars of OBC

You would if you got the promo codes … 😂 

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, that said:

@HaveDogWillTravel

Princess has gone to “dynamic pricing” for excursions

Frustrating to aay the least

Just like Uber rides, theatre tickets etc.  Why should cruise lines be different ?  I have a ticket to see John Cleese next week and the tickets  I got months ago for $90 each are not going for 3 times that

These are some valid points that need to be discussed with Princess. Would people be willing to join a Zoom meeting with some of the Princess Executives if a meeting could be arranged to discuss these issues?

I'm going to be on a cruise with someone who might be able to assist in who to contact at Princess.

Another suggestion, which I do often, is to make a screen shot of the page with the information, so that Princess couldn't later deny it later.

Tom

• Like 2

3 hours ago, trbarton said:

These are some valid points that need to be discussed with Princess. Would people be willing to join a Zoom meeting with some of the Princess Executives if a meeting could be arranged to discuss these issues?

I'm going to be on a cruise with someone who might be able to assist in who to contact at Princess.

Another suggestion, which I do often, is to make a screen shot of the page with the information, so that Princess couldn't later deny it later.

Tom

I did that. Told me an error in website. Sorry.IMG_5674.thumb.jpeg.6f1f627f87e2cdc660280cf5cf2d67a2.jpeg

On 3/31/2024 at 11:48 AM, trbarton said:

Tom

Tom, it was actually on my invoices so, I got the perks on two cruise I booked but I just don’t feel as though it is right to penalize patrons due to too many bookings with said line.  I realize it is marketing 101 but it just feels wrong!