how to get in Blu after booking aqua class?

mcatmcat

Hi 

First time booking an aguaclass for ascent

I see that I can get to blu but I dont even see that I can selet a time for it.

How about if one night I want to go to the MDR isntead or maybe do both?

3 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi 

you can just walk to each, they'll both seat in decent time

No reservations for Blu - you go when you want (when they're open of course) and will either be seated or there may be a wait depending on how busy. There will likely be a letter suggesting a time in your stateroom, but you don't have to stick to that.

I think you can arrange with the maitre'd to go to the MDR if you really want...I personally had no desire to do that since Blu was the primary reason I booked Aqua.

• Like 2

Blu is anytime dining.  Just show up when you are ready to eat.  Breakfast there is great also.

If you want to go to one of the MDRs tell the Blu hostess or Maitre D the day before so they won’t be expecting you.  They try to keep diners with the same wait staff as much as possible.  So if they know your not coming lets them plan. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi 

Both in one night? I don’t think that is possible.

Posted (edited)

It is definitely walk in and you will be seated. I know that before we travelled I was a bit concerned because all of the MDR seemed to require reservations. (Most of the MDR locations, on the Apex anyway, let you walk in without a reservation.) What is interesting is that many people come the same time every day, so we often sat by, or near the same people every day. They are very accommodating and even brought food from the MDR to me. That may be because I have food allergies and sometimes there was nothing on the Blu menu that I could eat. 

Edited by mtnlvr53

When you arrive at Blu, the host/hostess will ask for your stateroom number.  Aqua staterooms occupy one complete deck on the ship, and so the host/hostess will know from your room number that you are assigned to dine in Blu.  Also, Aqua Class passengers have a distinctive light blue card key (Concierge staterooms have Gold, and so on).  You probably will find that you will have the same wait-staff team each evening, although you may be seated in different 'quadrants' of the restaurant during your cruise.  This gives all passengers a chance to be seated closer to the windows. 

Breakfast is a bit more casual in the seating, and the early birds do score window seats..  Do try the smoothies while at breakfast.

We love Aqua Class, especially because of Blu.  You should consider bringing enough cash to tip your wait-staff - host/hostess; server, assistant servers; wine sommelier.  We have found that the Blu staff work really hard, and they really make an effort to get to know you and remember your preferences.   We also make sure that we acknowledge them by name in the end of the cruise survey.. .  

24 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

When you arrive at Blu, the host/hostess will ask for your stateroom number.  Aqua staterooms occupy one complete deck on the ship, and so the host/hostess will know from your room number that you are assigned to dine in Blu.  Also, Aqua Class passengers have a distinctive light blue card key (Concierge staterooms have Gold, and so on).  You probably will find that you will have the same wait-staff team each evening, although you may be seated in different 'quadrants' of the restaurant during your cruise.  This gives all passengers a chance to be seated closer to the windows. 

Breakfast is a bit more casual in the seating, and the early birds do score window seats..  Do try the smoothies while at breakfast.

We love Aqua Class, especially because of Blu.  You should consider bringing enough cash to tip your wait-staff - host/hostess; server, assistant servers; wine sommelier.  We have found that the Blu staff work really hard, and they really make an effort to get to know you and remember your preferences.   We also make sure that we acknowledge them by name in the end of the cruise survey.. .  

We love sitting by a window in Blu no matter the ship, but just know that on Apex and Edge Blu is tucked in behind the lifeboats and that is your view. Didn’t bother us, but some were surprised. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NanaPam00 said:

We love sitting by a window in Blu no matter the ship, but just know that on Apex and Edge Blu is tucked in behind the lifeboats and that is your view. Didn’t bother us, but some were surprised. 

Thanks for the info.  While I prefer Aqua, on our upcoming Edge cruise to Alaska, we opted for a regular Sunset Balcony and added the specialty dining package, along with a reservation in Eden to make up for not being in Blu.  Knowing that the lifeboats obscure the windows in Blu makes me feel a little less guilty about not booking an Aqua Class stateroom.

It is surprising that there isn't a water view in the restaurant, but then again, some/most Luminae restaurants have no windows.  Also, since we won't have free access to the Persians Garden,  I was also thinking about trying to get a day pass just to experience it.

1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

I don't know about Ascent however, on some ships they will let you order off the MDR menu when you are in Blu.

We were able to order from the MDR on the Ascent.  That was not the case on Beyond.

1 hour ago, NanaPam00 said:

One of the reasons we booked an SV on Apex was lack of view in BLU.... On EDGE there was no view..curtains were kept closed.

ASCENT in Jan. was our best BLU experience so far..but there is NO outdoor seating as advertised.

Tables are out there but not part of BLU.

On 4/3/2024 at 12:47 PM, mcatmcat said:

something that i noticed on videos , is that the table for 2 are so close together with other tables 😵

They are close enough to have a conversation with the folks at the next table if you wish but not so close that you can't have a private conversation with your table mate.

On Beyond now and have eaten in Blue every night so far (today is day 5 of 12). We have ordered off both the Blu menu and the MDR menu repeatedly.

Just walk in and they will seat you, as noted above folks are beasts of nature and tend to dine at the same time every night.