Jim_Iain - B2B Sydney - Honolulu - Vancouver

Jim_Iain

Thanks for another great review. 

Hope to meet up with you both someday. We have only been Z for a couple of years. 

Safe travels home. 

Bill and Jill

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the time of entertaining us all for the last few weeks.  I can tell it was a wonderful trip filled with new and old memories.  I can't wait to see your "Live" report from your first Oceania cruise.

• Like 1

Iain got the dreaded SSSS

IMG_5097.thumb.jpeg.b6ab2d6c50b3f2155a48ef1789831b45.jpeg

You have been selected for special screening.  Pat downs numerous times.   Residue scans of hand baggage etc.  

Global Entry only 3 on line.  Real Quick. 

Regular security had a couple 100 but looked to be moving. 

IMG_5099.thumb.jpeg.7cca3f0ec59597c7314290d09e8367dc.jpeg

IMG_5098.thumb.jpeg.833ac94b273ed96c6c8e41c4e266e100.jpeg

Everything is facial recognition. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I don't care how long a trip you two take, it never seems long enough. I don't feel I am alone in saying that it is a sad day when you wrap up your trip.

Thank you again for sharing your world with us Jim.

• Like 10

Thank you for taking us along! Love the adventures and the photos! Can't wait for the next one! 

Safe travels to you and Iain.

• Like 1

Thanks for the wonderful TR. Really enjoyed following it. Did you use the gopro underwater? I may have missed it if you did. Is it worth buying one for underwater photography? We are going to the Galapagos next year with Celebrity.

• Like 1

It is truly a sad day for me when your adventure ends.  I so love following along and living vicariously through your posts and your pictures.  They are truly a gift to so many people, Jim.  One of these days I plan to book an iconic suite. I will keep you posted.  Right now we only have 1 cruise booked which is an Olivia charter on HAL.  safe travels home, my friends!

• Like 1

@Jim_Iain I am having separation anxiety!!! Big mahalo Jim & Iain, for your generosity in sharing your time with us! Your humor, fabulous photography, and information will be so valuable to many of us on our upcoming cruises!

Mahalo & Malama Pono (take care of yourself),

-Kelley

• Like 6

22 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Here is what I use.  It worked for a 12 mile hike up and down hills.  I hiked The Wave and scenic areas around.  My muscles were super tired but never cramped for such a strenuous day.  That was my first real hike for that far ...

image.thumb.png.66b83d5cf3797f59c39affbdaf48ca05.png

That's one of my favoirte flavors of LMNT. It was originally recommened to me by a cardiology/Electrophysiology Nurse Practitioner. It works well for me. 

Have you tried the chocolate? I mix it with my decaf in the morning. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would like to thank everyone that has followed along and participated.   What a fun time we had. 

I hope you have a safe and uneventful trip home.  I will be thinking of you and Ian while having my pistachio roll in Luminae here shortly.  We are scheduled to arrive in Hiroshima at 1300 so a nice leisurely start this morning.  

Look forward to following along on your next adventure.  As I said when I did my first live review, you are the one that inspired me to share our experiences with our fellow CC members. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Just seen a picture of John Grantham on FB, saying it’s the last day of the crossing Sydney to Vancouver.

its a long time since we first came across John Grantham, possibly on our first Celebrity cruise on Infinity in 2003

I had no idea John Grantham is still with Celebrity! We so enjoyed having him as CD on the Connie around 2009.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 10:23 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Did a quick video of afternoon tea in OceanView Cafe --- not real traditional and a bit sorry selection.

It looks like a much wider selection than that in Michael's Club early last month!

• Like 1

Seems like the cruise just started!  As usual, i had a wonderful time following along with your great commentary and awesome pictures!  

safe travels home to you and Iian!

Bonnie

• Like 1

Thank you so much for sharing your adventures and wonderful pictures!  I’m sad that tomorrow there won’t be any chapters to look forward to.  Your comment about mince and tatties made me look up some recipes for it and I’m going to be trying it!  Safe flight home and I look forward to your future travels.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 11:24 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Further cutbacks are being noticed in Lumina.   It tastes like the have changed the butter to a butter / spread mix and have recently cut down the size of the butter mold.   The more they cut back "standard" items the more they are shifting away from Luxury to Denny's attention to detail and quality.

THE FIRST RESORTS AT SEA STAR RATED BY FORBES TRAVEL GUIDE -

Celebrity’s sleek, contemporary ships embody everything you’d expect from a high-end resort. In fact, Celebrity is the world’s first cruise line to be Star Rated by Forbes Travel Guide.

IMG_5047.thumb.jpeg.c2de4007a9d8a08a31a2ce77529c3986.jpeg

I’m curious, other than the standard post cruise survey, has Celebrity ever contacted you directly to follow up for more detail?  Wonderful review, thank you for sharing this!