LIVE from the Enchanted Princess: April 6-13, 2024 - Eastern Caribbean

talkorpi

19 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

Yes that little ledge is on all the royal class ships.  The new sphere class unfortunately only has a bar for leg shaving.

LOL that is exactly why I was excited about the ledgem

Thank you for the patter for tomorrow.  How was your dinner tonight?

I must say that I'm actually floored at the movie choice for tomorrow night's (The Zone of Interest)

Movie under the Stars.  We just happened to watch that tonight and it's a surprising choice for them to show. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Thank you for the patter for tomorrow.  How was your dinner tonight?

I must say that I'm actually floored at the movie choice for tomorrow night's (The Zone of Interest)

Movie under the Stars.  We just happened to watch that tonight and it's a surprising choice for them to show. 

Dinner was good! Did a short review with a couple photos on the last page. TL:DR - great food, good service, mediocre atmosphere

Final Four on MUTS. Always fun to watch special events like this on the Lido deck. 

Heading to bed soon. Princess Cays tomorrow. No water shuttle info was left in cabin or announced aside from what was printed on the patter so I guess we are gonna wing it in the morning 😁

IMG_1183.jpeg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

Dinner was good! Did a short review with a couple photos on the last page. TL:DR - great food, good service, mediocre atmosphere

I don't know how I missed it!  I'm on the 4/20 sailing and have dinner scheduled there for one night so it was nice to see the pictures.  

Rudi's is in that spot on the Sky so I know the atmosphere because we ate there in December.  I think they moved it upstairs and put Rudi's in its place on the Enchanted.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Princess didn't do anything wrong in this instance though.  Another passenger went to the cabin before they were supposed to and left their belongings as the door was propped open.  Sounds like Princess has handled it well and cleared out the stuff and will replace the mini bar.

One example of why they say to not go to your stateroom early until they are ready. 

Fully aware that Princess did nothing wrong, but at the same time the OP was inconvenienced and a token from Princess would go a long way to eliminate the slight hassle that the OP went through.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Why would Princess give them obc because someone went into an open door and dropped their stuff in the wrong room?

Last week we went up and dropped our bags in the room early.  People need to pay attention to where they are.  The buffet will be there still people.

The OP was wronged ever so slightly.  If you can get something out of the inconvenience, there's nothing wrong in inquiring.  The worst they can say is no, the best they can do is bequeath you something.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning from Princess Cays! Had an early breakfast (photo not attaching again) at the buffet and waiting for the water shuttle now. I was going to use the elite lounge priority water shuttle thing, but we got boarding group #1 so we are just going the normal route. They finally came over the PA this morning with tendering information. Hid a couple of ducks while we wait to go ashore - looks like a beautiful day outside. 

image.jpg

Edited by talkorpi
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, talkorpi said:

I don’t expect anything nor do I really WANT to be compensated. Not the crews fault AT ALL. I just didn’t want to walk around the ship with someone else’s luggage and wanted Guest Services to handle it. They just removed it and will check for identification. Verified that this is in fact my cabin and the other guest must have  misplaced the luggage when cabins were not yet ready. 

Our steward will have to come fix the mini bar because some items were taken. No big deal to me either. Just a rather comical start 😂

Welcome aboard.  Luckily, we did not have the same issue.  Our cabin door was open, when we stopped by to drop off our carry on and leave.  

what was included with your mini bar?  4 dewars, 4 gins, two beers, and some non alcoholic drinks.

We dined in Catch last night and it was amazing.  Enjoy.

• Like 2

I have a question that may have been answered, but I missed it. Is there still a requirement to pick an arrival time at the port for embarkation when we get there next Saturday? I cannot find anything on the Medallion app about that. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Purple Gallinule said:

I have a question that may have been answered, but I missed it. Is there still a requirement to pick an arrival time at the port for embarkation when we get there next Saturday? I cannot find anything on the Medallion app about that. Thanks.

About 20 days to sailing you will get a boarding pass on the app giving the boarding window times no need to specify further

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, memoak said:

About 20 days to sailing you will get a boarding pass on the app giving the boarding window times no need to specify further

Sorry typo should say 10 days. Old fingers 

Sorry for the lack of updates today. Was having a lot of fun ashore. Exhausted now though! 

Water shuttle process took a long time, longer than usual apparently. I was in group 1 and we just kind of pulled up to the island and sat in the water without docking for like half an hour. Finally got ashore around 10:30 and went straight to the south side to grab some loungers in the shade. 

The island is beautiful and very relaxing. Have never been to a private island nor the Bahamas before so I have nothing to benchmark on, but I really enjoyed the island. Walked around and took some photos before getting in the water. 

Mom got lunch but I didn’t eat. She said the food was not very good. Sorry, no pictures - I was in the water. The time flew by so fast!

We also had an excursion - the clear bottom lagoon kayaking with wildlife encounter. There were only four other people on the excursion with us, so it was a great chance to ask lots of questions. Kayaked around the lagoon and got to pick up / hold conchs, sea urchins, starfish, a sea biscuit, sea cucumbers, Caribbean lobster, and even a sea turtle! This was a fantastic excursion. 10/10 recommend!

Water shuttles back to the ship were basically organized chaos. Our excursion ended at 2:45 and the last water shuttle “leaves” at three, so I was expecting most people to be back onboard and be able to walk right on. Boy, was I wrong! The line to get back onboard stretched about halfway down the Island and we didn’t get back to the ship until like 4:15… yikes! It did move quicker than expected and was very organized, but yeah, very chaotic…

Overall, a very tiring but also very fun first port day. We are cleaning up in the cabin before heading down to dinner at The Catch this evening.

Of course most of my photos will not attach. Not sure what is going on there. They look fine on my end but turn out to be a black screen when I try to attach them here. 

IMG_1213.jpeg

IMG_1321.jpeg

IMG_1312.jpeg

IMG_1284.jpeg

• Like 3

Ate at The Catch last night. Sorry, Sabatini’s, but you’ve been dethroned. The meal was absolutely incredible!

Tale of Citrus was so good - a poached lobster tail with sesame, grapefruit, and lemon zest. The crab cake was also like 100% crab with no filler. 

The grilled king prawns were literally bigger than lobster tails. I have no idea where they find shrimp that big but they were excellent. The shiitake crusted halibut was one of the best things I have ever eaten. So many flavors and cooked perfectly - would recommend this if you haven’t been to the Catch yet. 

Desserts were also very good and HUGE. I got the strawberry pavlova which was the “smallest” dessert and I could still only eat half of it. The “Rudi’s Face” dessert was GIANT - on the menu it just says it’s three truffles but they neglected to mention that it also has cheesecake, chocolate cake, fresh fruit, and vanilla cream… all very decadent. 

Service was also fantastic. This was a fantastic meal and I highly recommend going here if you haven’t been able to try it yet!

IMG_1359.jpeg

IMG_1361.jpeg

IMG_1362.jpeg

IMG_1363.jpeg

IMG_1364.jpeg

• Like 6

Also - good morning. Having our first sea day today. Weather is perfect so far but supposed to turn pretty rough this afternoon.

Here’s today’s patter.  There is way more entertainment on this ship than my last cruise. Pretty impressed so far as I generally find that to be the weak link on Princess. 

Also, DuVal is a FANTASTIC cruise director. The best one I have ever had on Princess and the second best I have had at sea across all lines. He is hilarious!

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad you enjoyed the Catch, I hope either Glenn or Ronan was your waiter! I don't remember if I posted this earlier here, but if you like jazz, don't miss the trio in Take 5 (and the House Band playing there a couple nights is very good, too).

Wow, I am glad to hear that Sabatini's onboard was really good.  That Osso Bucco looks really great!   A lot of mixed reviews of Sabatini's sometimes.  Maybe depending on the ship and staff onboard.  I would be willing to go for that dish!

7 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Glad you enjoyed the Catch, I hope either Glenn or Ronan was your waiter! I don't remember if I posted this earlier here, but if you like jazz, don't miss the trio in Take 5 (and the House Band playing there a couple nights is very good, too).

Waitress was Iryna from Ukraine. She was fantastic

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Wow, I am glad to hear that Sabatini's onboard was really good.  That Osso Bucco looks really great!   A lot of mixed reviews of Sabatini's sometimes.  Maybe depending on the ship and staff onboard.  I would be willing to go for that dish!

Yeah, the food was really good. I think it was the atmosphere that didn’t impress me. Not a fan of the open to the piazza design. The waiter was also good, but the only other time I have had Sabatini’s, it was the best waiter I have ever had, land or sea - hard to top that lol

We just got off the Enchanted on Saturday, as you got on. We had a great cruise and beautiful weather. We had great service, food in the MDR was wonderful. 

Hope you enjoy the Enchanted! Have fun. 

15 hours ago, talkorpi said:

Also - good morning. Having our first sea day today. Weather is perfect so far but supposed to turn pretty rough this afternoon.

Here’s today’s patter.  There is way more entertainment on this ship than my last cruise. Pretty impressed so far as I generally find that to be the weak link on Princess. 

Also, DuVal is a FANTASTIC cruise director. The best one I have ever had on Princess and the second best I have had at sea across all lines. He is hilarious!

Agree. DuVal is a funny guy. We had him last year on Discovery. Do you know how long he is on Enchanted?