A major rain event is unfolding across Eastern Australia.

1 minute ago, resordanis said:

I am boarding tomorrow. Absolutely horrible weather in Sydney as I write this.

Supposed to be a bit better by tomorrow midday? Think I will be exploring Sydney before the cruise in the pouring rain!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lorri111 said:

Supposed to be a bit better by tomorrow midday? Think I will be exploring Sydney before the cruise in the pouring rain!

As I hear the rain belting against our hotel windows. I hope to be on board be midday! Need to dry ourselves off after two days in Sydney.

• Like 1

I hope the rainfall does not meet the maximums predicted & I hope everyone stays safe & any flood damage minimized. 

We’re hoping it clears by Sunday as we head off to QLD from Sydney for a driving holiday, including a family wedding in Sunshine Coast next week.

good luck all.

• Like 3

We are also in wet Sydney, having caught the train up from Melbourne yesterday. Went to the Australian Museum to see the Ramses and Egyptian Gold exhibition today. At least it was dry in there, even if it was very crowded. Good exhibition.  Spent the late afternoon at the Orient Hotel near the OPT meeting fellow cruisers who are also boarding the Royal Princess tomorrow.  Hopefully the rain will have stopped in time for us to drop off dry suitcases tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mum and son said:

Worst we've had so far 😄!

20240405_094057.jpg

I noticed Noordam has pushed out to sea a bit to try and circle around the current squall that you are cruising towards as you approach Wollongong. Noordam has pushed back their arrival till 11am, but I think that has been imposed due to harbour runoff. Coming in close to high tide won't allow them enough bridge clearance.

No midnight stroll on deck for you tonight! Still, I would rather be cruising in it than driving to work in it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, resordanis said:

I am boarding tomorrow. Absolutely horrible weather in Sydney as I write this.

Don't rush to the port. The Captain just announced over the cabin speakers that we are expected to dock 3 hours late as the Pilot will not be able to get to us until 7.30am, instead of 4.30am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, resordanis said:

I hope to be on board be midday! 

I doubt we'll be off the ship by then (we were originally scheduled to meet for transit disembarkation at 9.30am)... luckily I'm not rushing for a flight and will just be re-boarding the ship to take me home to Brisbane.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I noticed Noordam has pushed out to sea a bit to try and circle around the current squall that you are cruising towards as you approach Wollongong. Noordam has pushed back their arrival till 11am, but I think that has been imposed due to harbour runoff. Coming in close to high tide won't allow them enough bridge clearance.

No midnight stroll on deck for you tonight! Still, I would rather be cruising in it than driving to work in it. 

Noordam sped past us today. Captain just announced a 3 hour docking delay for us too due to Pilot access. 

I'm actually enjoying feeling the seas roll a bit. First time I've felt like we weren't still docked 😄.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Spent the late afternoon at the Orient Hotel near the OPT meeting fellow cruisers who are also boarding the Royal Princess tomorrow.  Hopefully the rain will have stopped in time for us to drop off dry suitcases tomorrow morning.

Captain just announced a 3hr delay for us docking tomorrow so don't hurry to the terminal.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, mum and son said:

Captain just announced a 3hr delay for us docking tomorrow so don't hurry to the terminal.

Docking at around 8:30, which will have first disembark around 9:30. I hope anyone with international flights has opted for flights after noon 😉 That delay and a bit of residual weather could make for an OPT Ship Show. 

It makes sense though, as the conditions are a bit rough for the pilot to board in the dark.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lorri111 said:

So what  time will disembarkation be now? Wondering when boarding will start

I would guess boarding starting at around 1pm. There will be a crowd of people who will gather from before 11am and wait. You should get a text from Princess in the morning. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mum and son said:

Don't rush to the port. The Captain just announced over the cabin speakers that we are expected to dock 3 hours late as the Pilot will not be able to get to us until 7.30am, instead of 4.30am.

Luckily we can get a late check out. 

A shame but sensible actions, the weather is forecast to be better by noon, so that will be better for those embarking.

Drop your bags after checking out of the hotel, grab some lunch come back at 2 or 3pm.

i noticed  this morning that Pacific Adventure is not heading to Eden as sheduled and looks like its going back to back  moreton island and some of the guest  on the last cruise was looking forward to going south  and now finding they are going north again to tangalooma

i was speaking with a couple last night saying they are unsure where they are heading now as their cruise has changed  i think they said they were doing pacific islands but now may be heading south to tassie tommorow  instead they was not happy  little vegemites

16 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

A shame but sensible actions, the weather is forecast to be better by noon, so that will be better for those embarking.

Drop your bags after checking out of the hotel, grab some lunch come back at 2 or 3pm.

That’s the plan at this stage. Aren’t you glad you pulled out this cruise?

• Like 1

Text message early this morning for Royal Princess

DELAYED EMBARKATION - 1409, 1409A
Please be advised that the arrival of Royal Princess into Sydney from her   current cruise has been delayed as the port was closed this morning due to adverse weather outside the port. As a result, embarkation for your cruise departing Saturday, 6 April will be delayed.       

Check-in will now begin at 3:30 PM and all guests must be on board by 6:00 PM. 

Please do not arrive earlier than the revised check-in time, as space is     limited. If you have booked a Princess hotel or transfer, you will receive embarkation details at your hotel or the airport. We will depart Sydney at 7:00 PM.                                                                                               We do not anticipate that your cruise itinerary will be affected by this delay, but will advise if any further weather-related changes arise.           We look forward to welcoming you on board Royal Princess.                      

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, resordanis said:

That’s the plan at this stage. Aren’t you glad you pulled out this cruise?

Not really, I am glad my leg will be fixed but sad about missing this trip and the others we have canned.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i noticed  this morning that Pacific Adventure is not heading to Eden as sheduled and looks like its going back to back  moreton island and some of the guest  on the last cruise was looking forward to going south  and now finding they are going north again to tangalooma

i was speaking with a couple last night saying they are unsure where they are heading now as their cruise has changed  i think they said they were doing pacific islands but now may be heading south to tassie tommorow  instead they was not happy  little vegemites

Brilliance of the Seas is going to Tassie instead of the South Pacific due to propulsion issues ( got fixed in Newcastle) and them leaving tomorrow instead of a few days ago. Pax were not8fied early and there were several compensation options.

6 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Not really, I am glad my leg will be fixed but sad about missing this trip and the others we have canned.

Health is the main thing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Sorry for all those who have been impacted. 

The rain has gone.  It’s blue skies, sunshine and breezy in our part of Sydney now.

Same here. After very heavy rain overnight - at least up until 5am - we woke up to lovely sunny skies. The rain has moved offshore and is moving south. As long as ships hug the coast they should avoid it but may, of course, be impacted by resulting sea conditions.

• Like 1