A major rain event is unfolding across Eastern Australia.

Warnings are currently being made about a major rain event which is unfolding across Eastern Australia. 

I hope everyone is safe from torrential rain and local flooding.  

Not a good time for camping and cruising.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Warnings are currently being made about a major rain event which is unfolding across Eastern Australia. 

I hope everyone is safe from torrential rain and local flooding.  

Not a good time for camping and cruising.

At least the NSW school holidays don't start for another week & a bit, hopefully for them the rain has run its coarse and they have fair weather then.

Quite frankly I'm sick of this constant rain, just as my veggie garden starts to revive, we get another down pore flooding the ground, and killing the roots.🤬

2 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

At least the NSW school holidays don't start for another week & a bit, hopefully for them the rain has run its coarse and they have fair weather then.

Quite frankly I'm sick of this constant rain, just as my veggie garden starts to revive, we get another down pore flooding the ground, and killing the roots.🤬

Not a good time for veggie gardening either!  Too much rain!

7 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Not a good time for veggie gardening either!  Too much rain!

The weeds are loving it though! Especially when there is a warm spell between the rain. 😡

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The weeds are loving it though! Especially when there is a warm spell between the rain. 😡

Have you been spying on my garden? 😂

• Haha 3

I'm on the Royal Princess and we're just turning north from the south east tip of Victoria to travel up the east coast. Sydney tomorrow and Brisbane on Monday. We've had mill pond seas for a week in Bass Strait so let's see what happens over the next few days!

• Like 4

I was supposed to be boarding her tomorrow morning. Sadly that is off the cards, our friends will be aboard though. I will be living vicariously via them for the next 3 weeks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I was supposed to be boarding her tomorrow morning. Sadly that is off the cards, our friends will be aboard though. I will be living vicariously via them for the next 3 weeks.

💕 

3 hours ago, mum and son said:

I'm on the Royal Princess and we're just turning north from the south east tip of Victoria to travel up the east coast. Sydney tomorrow and Brisbane on Monday. We've had mill pond seas for a week in Bass Strait so let's see what happens over the next few days!

Boarding on Royal tomorrow, hoping it is still mill pond then! Mind you, might be a fun flight from Perth tonight!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

send some rain over to Perth, we haven't had rain for months

15 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

send some rain over to Perth, we haven't had rain for months

If I had better contacts with the gentleman up stairs, I'd put a request into him, to send it over.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

92 flights delayed in and out of Sydney.  An example of reason not to fly into port on day of cruise departure.

We were to be catching the train this morning, our friends were going to fly but decided to take the train as we were. They are glad they did despite us not being there with them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

I can relate. Our resident Labrador is most unimpressed that I won't take her to the park in the rain. All right for her - she's a water dog, but I'd rather not emulate a drowned rat.😒

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We were to be catching the train this morning, our friends were going to fly but decided to take the train as we were. They are glad they did despite us not being there with them.

Your friends are lucky they decided to take the train like you were.  Pity you weren't able to join them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lorri111 said:

Boarding on Royal tomorrow, hoping it is still mill pond then! Mind you, might be a fun flight from Perth tonight!

Worst we've had so far 😄!

20240405_094057.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lorri111 said:

There is a hazardous surf warning from BOM for the Hunter coast south on Friday and Saturday.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

1 hour ago, mum and son said:

Worst we've had so far 😄!

20240405_094057.jpg

we Started to cop  bad weather once we got from the coral sea in to tasman sea coming back from Tangalooma.     we had good comfy sailing up  and  most of thursday coming back but over night she started to pick up a bit.   As  i woke up at around 3am this morning  i opened my balcony door  just a few k's from the sydney heads   it was bucketing down and there was a good sea starting to pick up  and you could  just start to feel the ship   and we didnt have the pilot yet on board.

i suspect by now or later tonight you are going to  cop some of what we got last night but it wasnt that bad    but by the time ya get to the heads it may be a bit worse

i feel for  2 ships tonight who are sailing out of Sydney

• Like 1

Pacific Adventure  has already started to head north  probably trying to make it more comfortable for guests just of Gosford and i would say edge would be doing the samething on her way to melbourne. 

i just finished watching edge leave the OPT while having a feed at rossinis

11 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Pacific Adventure  has already started to head north  probably trying to make it more comfortable for guests just of Gosford and i would say edge would be doing the samething on her way to melbourne. 

i just finished watching edge leave the OPT while having a feed at rossinis

What's the weather like at circular quay now?

12 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

What's the weather like at circular quay now?

it was a bit blowy tried watching some boat pull into the quay and  had to manouvere a couple of times to dock

9 hours ago, mum and son said:

I am boarding tomorrow. Absolutely horrible weather in Sydney as I write this.

• Like 2