A major rain event is unfolding across Eastern Australia.

7 hours ago, ozdevil said:

i noticed  this morning that Pacific Adventure is not heading to Eden as sheduled and looks like its going back to back  moreton island and some of the guest  on the last cruise was looking forward to going south  and now finding they are going north again to tangalooma

i was speaking with a couple last night saying they are unsure where they are heading now as their cruise has changed  i think they said they were doing pacific islands but now may be heading south to tassie tommorow  instead they was not happy  little vegemites

Just saw this.  Looks like someone who couldn't make up their mind.

image.png.c15da7529b3a4d2b6d331f50b8bbfc3b.png

• Like 1

I am not sure they had changed their destination to Tangalooma, and were just looking to get out of the weather overnight. Plenty of time to get to Eden for tomorrow.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mum and son said:

Did you speak to me in Allegro dining room tonight, thinking I looked familiar?? 

No not me! We ate in Crown Grill last night.

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

No not me! We ate in Crown Grill last night.

Ok, someone approached me and couldn't work out where they knew my face from. They were from Port Macquarie and cruise a lot.

Anyone else on CC I could be missing?

1 hour ago, mum and son said:

Ok, someone approached me and couldn't work out where they knew my face from. They were from Port Macquarie and cruise a lot.

Anyone else on CC I could be missing?

Not sure on that one, but if I see you I will chat, although you are getting off tomorrow. Definitely not me. Our luggage was extremely late being delivered so after dinner straight back to room for us as I was starting to get concerned, and we didn’t look great as we could not change or freshen up, so didn’t hang around anywhere last night.

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I have a few friends aboard who are on CC but don't post much but none are from Port Macquarie 

Husband just went to Pop Choir and sat next to someone from PMQ. Small world.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

On another note. Waiting for coffee this morning and there were quite a few disgruntled Elite passengers  complaining about  downgraded benefits. Not much they can do about it……but heard them say they would speak to the Captain 🤣. It was my laugh for the morning. 

Edited by resordanis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, resordanis said:

On another note. Waiting for coffee this morning and there were quite a few disgruntled Elite passenger’s complaining about  downgraded benefits. Not much they can do about it……but heard them say they would speak to the Captain 🤣. It was my laugh for the morning. 

do they think they are going to chat with Captain Stubbing and he will make things all better.

i read someone wrote to the president of P&O   to seek help with changing names because the ta couldnt 

some people make me luagh

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Not sure on that one, but if I see you I will chat, although you are getting off tomorrow. Definitely not me. Our luggage was extremely late being delivered so after dinner straight back to room for us as I was starting to get concerned, and we didn’t look great as we could not change or freshen up, so didn’t hang around anywhere last night.

Rule #1

Always take a change of clothes, plus whatever you need to freshen up, in your carry-on. 

We've had to resort to using ours once. Oddly enough that was on Royal, out of Barcelona in 2017. We dropped our bags off around 10:30am so they had plenty of time to get them to us. They arrived just as we were leaving our cabin, around 7pm, for our pre-dinner drink. 🙄

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 4:12 PM, MicCanberra said:

Lyndarra will be out windsurfing on that.

Was out on the board yesterday in a stiff nor'westerly. It was great, on the foil most of the time, did about 20klms. Bounced off a lot of huge jelly blubbers which appeared in their thousands ealier this year but have thinned down now.

About a month ago one our guys smashed into something under water. He believes was a shark. It bent the 115cm alloy fuselage of his foil. And last Saturday he spotted a small hammerhead. But wait, there's more, yesterday another rider hit something very very hard, again, likely another a shark, which smashed his carbon fibre front wing and snapped its fuselage. On each of those occasions they would be travelling at about 15-20kts (28-37kph). Luckily they both escaped injury - don't know about the sharks.

IMG_20240406_172909109_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240406_172822006_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240406_172827689_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, resordanis said:

On another note. Waiting for coffee this morning and there were quite a few disgruntled Elite passengers  complaining about  downgraded benefits. Not much they can do about it……but heard them say they would speak to the Captain 🤣. It was my laugh for the morning. 

Well in line this morning my friends overheard a conversation from some people fretting about the fact they have to get off in Brisbane as they thought the ship was returning to Sydney. They had no idea the ship had commenced the repo to Alaska. So therefore they had made no arrangements to return to Sydney. They assumed very wrongly in was a round trip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Cruisegroover said:

Well in line this morning my friends overheard a conversation from some people fretting about the fact they have to get off in Brisbane as they thought the ship was returning to Sydney. They had no idea the ship had commenced the repo to Alaska. So therefore they had made no arrangements to return to Sydney. They assumed very wrongly in was a round trip.

OMG that’s beats mine, by far! BTW first theatre show cancelled tonight due to technical issues. Last time this happened on Royal Caribbean, we had no shows at all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Rule #1

Always take a change of clothes, plus whatever you need to freshen up, in your carry-on. 

We've had to resort to using ours once. Oddly enough that was on Royal, out of Barcelona in 2017. We dropped our bags off around 10:30am so they had plenty of time to get them to us. They arrived just as we were leaving our cabin, around 7pm, for our pre-dinner drink. 🙄

We had clothes, but not suitable for dinner and make up was looking very tired! Even this old woman didn’t know look ok😩