Did Celebrity Need a New Brand?

4 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Nothing Comes Close?

I can see all kinds of trouble with this…..

I can’t wait…my preference would be “Nothing Comes Close with an amazing product at a great price.” I’d book more…lol…

• Like 2

It’s an awful phrase probably thought by some highly paid marketing guru. The fact that it can be used in multiple ways make it ill thought out; Nothing Comes Close to Being as Bad for example. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, strickers said:

It’s an awful phrase probably thought by some highly paid marketing guru. The fact that it can be used in multiple ways make it ill thought out; Nothing Comes Close to Being as Bad for example. 

imaginary conversation with me after my one, and only cruise on an E class ship 

“What would you say is the best thing about this ship?”

” I’m having a hard time coming up with just the right word, but nothing comes close”

🤪🤨😅😳

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

if nothing comes  CLOSE,  why do we sail on EDGE, BEYOND, APEX , ASCENT and  soon XL.. Maybe next ship is CLOSE or NOTHING??

Ad is In the same  class as  "X the Rules" & 'Marco Polo" ad campaigns..or other flops!

Edited by hcat

Nothing comes close…to their website today…

trying to price a cruise for next year….and every category is coming up as no longer available…and I don’t really think that is the case…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

if nothing comes  CLOSE,  why do we sail on EDGE, BEYOND, APEX , ASCENT and  soon XL.. Maybe next ship is CLOSE or NOTHING??

Ad is In the same  class as  "X the Rules" & 'Marco Polo" ad campaigns..or other flops!

Don't forget Jefferson Airplane, Go Ask Alice.  I actually liked that one.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

How about this...

"Discover your Celebrity" or "Unleash your Celebrity."  It's least as good as, "Nothing comes close", IMO.

Or...Indulge in the Celebrity Treatment*

*Results not typical

28 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Nothing comes close…to their website today…

trying to price a cruise for next year….and every category is coming up as no longer available…and I don’t really think that is the case…

Unless it has been chartered.

Just now, Oville said:

Unless it has been chartered.

I hope not…it is a British aisles cruise on the Eclipse that I am booked on  and I was looking to see how much it would be if I upgraded…

• Like 1

Does anyone on this thread believe this campaign is directed at them? This is a new customer campaign, even if they're sending it to existing customers. Cue Carly Simon...

The email sent to Captain's Club members...

image.thumb.png.909777165bf7df6714c1f61b43261ddc.png

The email sent by Celebrity Cruises...

image.thumb.png.688029619ce93d435f0a9258d54116c5.png

Apologies for the sizing; they're both animations.

The first one is thanking Captain's Club members for inspiring the new campaign. 

The second is soliciting new bookings. Are there any differences? 

Yeah, it's marketing. We're just not the target. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but the reaction on this thread probably doesn't matter either way.

Closing line in the Celebrity Cruises email:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Don't forget Jefferson Airplane, Go Ask Alice.  I actually liked that one.

me too.. but it never came close either!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They can advertise all they want, target anyone they want. For me, after enough cruises to be Elite, half way to Elite Plus all I really care about now is what they deliver onboard.  Since the pandemic ended we went to Bermuda on the Summit and loved it, then it was Beyond to the southern Caribbean and were disappointed in more things than I want to get into.  This summer we will give it one more try doing Iceland and Greenland on the Eclipse.  Advertise all you want Laura but what you really need to do is deliver in the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

X has the best marketing tool of all cruise lines, Capt Kate.  She is the most well-known active ship captain out there and is even "cool" with the kids as she puts out very interesting social media reels/videos often sharing content about the ship she's on.  I'd argue she's in the top three of the most well-known ship captains of all time.  I've seen a TV commercial where it shows her face for a few seconds, but she's very sharp and quick-witted.  Her social media content thrives not because she's posting selfies, but rather because she provides great content.  Celebrity needs to get her under a marketing contract and have her become more prominent in their marketing

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

X has the best marketing tool of all cruise lines, Capt Kate.  She is the most well-known active ship captain out there and is even "cool" with the kids as she puts out very interesting social media reels/videos often sharing content about the ship she's on.  I'd argue she's in the top three of the most well-known ship captains of all time.  I've seen a TV commercial where it shows her face for a few seconds, but she's very sharp and quick-witted.  Her social media content thrives not because she's posting selfies, but rather because she provides great content.  Celebrity needs to get her under a marketing contract and have her become more prominent in their marketing

One of my clients (w/a big Wall Street firm) is a retired U.S. Navy Commander, who graduated from the Naval Academy in Annapolis.  I posted something about Capt. Kate on social media awhile back.  He read up on her and said, "Captain Kate has earned her stripes,  She's the real deal.  Captain Kate is a rock star."

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1