Unlimited Dinning package with (Gratuities Included) question

If you purchase Unlimited Dinning package with (Gratuities Included) then do the auto-gratuities that typically would go to the general wait staff every day that usually get assigned to your room get removed or are you expected to pay the gratuity for that still AND for the specialty restaurant staff as well?

4 minutes ago, Joseph U. said:

If you purchase Unlimited Dinning package with (Gratuities Included) then do the auto-gratuities that typically would go to the general wait staff every day that usually get assigned to your room get removed or are you expected to pay the gratuity for that still AND for the specialty restaurant staff as well?

Nothing gets deducted form your daily gratuity because you choose to dine in a specialty dining venue.  That gratuity also covers servers for lunch and breakfast

• Like 5

First, thank you for the answer.

I think the meal plan mentioned covers all dinners and also covers lunch for sea days. That has to be at least 50% of the meals on board minimum assuming you don't skip breakfast and sleep in.

Feels like RCCL is doing something funny with their tip math.

I cancel them, as I never eat breakfast and don't go to MDR if I have the dining plan.   I never ever go to the buffet whether I have the dining plan or not.  I eat on shore for lunches on port days and use the UDP for sea day lunches and all dinners.    I use that money to then tip the servers in the specialty restaurants more since I don't feel the share of the 18% on the UDP is enough, so I usually add $5.00 for lunch and $10 for dinners.  

Using girl math, I already paid the daily gratuities and the dining package gratuities a long time ago. So, I don't really pay much attention to what I tip onboard. 😛

Please don't eat at any location besides the specialty if you remove auto gratuities as they cover places like the Windjammer, Park Cafe, Cafe Promenade, Sorrentos, Loco Fresh, etc.  Dining room staff do work at these locations on a rotation basis.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lulu2623 said:

Please don't eat at any location besides the specialty if you remove auto gratuities as they cover places like the Windjammer, Park Cafe, Cafe Promenade, Sorrentos, Loco Fresh, etc.  Dining room staff do work at these locations on a rotation basis.  

And they get a paycheck for doing it. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 10:34 AM, Joseph U. said:

Your gratuities included are ONLY for the specialty waiters, and they only receive a few dollars. Your daily gratuities are for the waiters, cabin stewards, hotel staff and some behind the scenes workers.  Some leave extra for the waiters, we do, and some leave nothing. Your choice.